Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
MysterD, only hotlinking the game title, gives contrast between title & price -- making the posting more readable.

No one, when saying they want a sale, means "33% off" :nottalking:
photo-456455.png

Yeah it's not like other sites continue to sell these older versions. :)
True - as long as other sites still got them old-keys.

But, I really meant when buying games through Steam.

I should've been more specific - my fault.

Well, you can buy old-versions of Doom 3 + Expansions & Metro 2033 via Steam - unlike SD + Deus Ex HR.

Any opinions on Deadfall Adventures? Reviews are pretty poor.

Thanks!
I liked it for what it was. It's a really cheesy, pulpy sort of Indiana Jonesy adventure game. If you don't take it too seriously and aren't looking for a FPS (there's some shooting but it's definitely not the main thrust), I think it's decent at bargain price. Visuals are pretty good. It's nice to have an adventure game that you can up and walk around in 3 dimensions and doesn't look like it was made in 1993.

The CE/Deluxe isn't really worth it unless you are a huge 'behind the scenes' type person (soundtrack, making of documentary, PDF artbook etc). The only single player in game content is just a different looking gun.

Did I miss a daily for Wasteland 2? That's the main thing I was waiting on a good drop for.

EDIT: Maybe they'll have a recap day again?
I thought it was but maybe not. I was stuck looking at the site on my tablet for the past week where it displayed poorly (distorted images, weird columning) so maybe I saw it under "Your wishlist" or something.

Hope I fixed that enough.
Some more constructive criticism...

I strongly prefer this format:

Tomb Raider - $3.99 (80% off, steam)

It quickly lets me know, the title and price... other information is tagged on the end.

Less is more. Color and whitespace increase readability. Try to avoid extraneous characters, especially ones that are letter-sized, e.g. @, =, >.

I might have even considered divinity at 50%, but theres something about that nearly seven dollars that rubs me wrong. 

So I guess Mensa Academy got pulled. Not sure when or why but it's no longer for sale on Steam or Square's own store.

Lowest price right now is on GMG at $5 or $4 if you use WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE. There's also a 22% off voucher that was emailed to people but that only brings it down another 10 cents.

It's not the cheapest it's ever been, but once they and a couple of other places who still sell it run out of keys, or get told to take it down, that's it.

But that's the discount I've been waiting for! Also, not enough glitches this sale. None I have been able to take advantage of, anyway.
You would be able to get this right now, only 10 hours left. Not sure if it's a good idea though.

[attachment=10921:gooddeal.png]

Some more constructive criticism...

I strongly prefer this format:

Tomb Raider - $3.99 (80% off, steam)

It quickly lets me know, the title and price... other information is tagged on the end.

Less is more. Color and whitespace increase readability. Try to avoid extraneous characters, especially ones that are letter-sized, e.g. @, =, >.
Updated it again.

Hope it's looking a lot easier to read.

So I guess Mensa Academy got pulled. Not sure when or why but it's no longer for sale on Steam or Square's own store.

Lowest price right now is on GMG at $5 or $4 if you use WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE. There's also a 22% off voucher that was emailed to people but that only brings it down another 10 cents.

It's not the cheapest it's ever been, but once they and a couple of other places who still sell it run out of keys, or get told to take it down, that's it.
still available in EU.

G7667l8.png

Hmmm - is there a USA licensing / distribution / publishing issue here maybe?
IIRC there were two variants in the Steam DB, "Mensa Academy" and "American Mensa Academy". Oddly enough, I think the US got the just "Mensa Academy" one but neither are available for sale on Steam in NA nor in Square's NA store.

I'm not sure if there's any difference.

FWIW I just bought it on GMG and it registered as "American Mensa Academy".

Why are there fewer pinball fx tables and packs on sale than before?

Why won't you feed my addiction to "moar", Master Gaben? Why??
Fewer tables on sale + only 66% off when they've run 75% off multiple times = stuff that. Yet another example of worse prices this sale vs previous sales.

It's still on the Steam and Square Enix stores.

Promo code EMCWHHD224 or ACTIVESAVE at checkout to take an extra 15% off
*nods* I just found that too.

Also they have a bundle of Fall of Cybertron with all the DLC that comes to $14.88 if you use one of the codes.

It's still on the Steam and Square Enix stores.
Not in 'Murica. It's gone for us at our version of both those places. *Edit GG too, for us anyhow. *Edit 2: Also gone from Amazon (as digital) and Newegg.

It seems like only Gamestop and a couple of UK digital stores (GMG, GGG) didn't get the memo not to sell it to NA anymore.

*Edit 3 :p GGG has it on their store but if you try to checkout with a US address it says it's excluded from that territory and won't let you go through with payment.

IIRC there were two variants in the Steam DB, "Mensa Academy" and "American Mensa Academy". Oddly enough, I think the US got the just "Mensa Academy" one but neither are available for sale on Steam in NA nor in Square's NA store.

I'm not sure if there's any difference.

FWIW I just bought it on GMG and it registered as "American Mensa Academy".
It got pulled from GPlay and iTunes... it's still on the Amazon Appstore, but probably kindle only (not compatible with any of my android devices).

Looks like Canadian Steam still has (American version), so both are available from Steam.

No protection for cross-region purchase either. :D

I don't want either thought...

Yqalgc6.png

Excluding bundles?  All but a handful of the 'A-list' tables have been available for dirt cheap.  And, yes, I seem to remember even some of the better ones being 75% off in a past sale.  To the sale in general, I'm trying to think of a single featured deal during this entire sale that has been better than last year (excluding new games) but I'm drawing a blank.

This might be the first major steam sale I haven't purchased a single game. There have been a couple bundle foddler games(Rogue Lagacy, Spelunky) that have piqued my interest, but im not falling on that sword for you guys simply because this sale sucks.

Side note: FU bethesda! DLC should be cheaper than your base game.

This might be the first major steam sale I haven't purchased a single game. There have been a couple bundle foddler games(Rogue Lagacy, Spelunky) that have piqued my interest, but im not falling on that sword for you guys simply because this sale sucks.
Good man. Though I caved and bought Dungeon Defenders Eternity (never bought the expansion for the base game and the price difference was like 50 cents) which will probably be bundled in a month. MMX, too... although it's still an Ubisoft title (incoming Humble Ubi Bundle?). Other than that I refused to bite on the bundle fodder. Would be surprised if I made another purchase this sale.

Given the Community Choice winners, I gonna go out on a limb and say the majority of CAGs are in the (intelligent) money saving minority.

So far:

Shadowrun Returns
Mordor (Retail)
Overcast x 5 as prank gifts
Dynasty Warriors 8
Shadow Warrior 2014
Cursed Crusade
Sniper Elite
RUSE
State of Decay DLC

Steam monies are burning a hole in my virtual wallet, so:

This War of Mine... Who's got it and how do you feel about it?

Plus, how does it control? I have yet to get a straight answer on that. I mean, is it point&click or like a 2D side scroller/platformer or what?

I broke the 75% or less than $5 rule for Dynasty Warriors only because I knew I'd play  it now.  I hear War of Mine is fantastic, but I'd say wait if it's a backlog title. 

Transistor worth it at this price, or more of a wait for bundle deal?

Grabbed The Long Dark this morning

Steam monies are burning a hole in my virtual wallet, so:

This War of Mine... Who's got it and how do you feel about it?

Plus, how does it control? I have yet to get a straight answer on that. I mean, is it point&click or like a 2D side scroller/platformer or what?
For that game experience?

Take that $ and take Selco's class over at SHTF School.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back