Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haul:

MGS: R

Rogue Legacy

The Secret World (gift)

Marvel Heroes Magneto Pack

Marvel Heroes $15 in game currency

Spent ~$41 steamcreds, mostly on MH (which is awesome thus far)

Looks like Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes (75% off) is the Weekend Deal. Still don't see anything for the Daily.

Edit: Oh no, wait... down at the bottom there's the Daily (did they move it wtf?). Black Forest Games Collection for $9.99. Decent enough deal if you don't already own Giana Sisters I guess.

Double Edit: Giana Sisters might be the highlight of that bundle.
damn seasonal didnt notice they moved the daily deals a couple months ago....

Some of the individual games are on sale too as part of the daily deal at varying discounts I am too lazy to all post. :p
Capture.jpg

We nestle down into our fresh pile of backlog and sleep blissfully unawares of all the other games we haven't touched from sales prior.
But think of all the scintillating conversation and camaraderie you experienced as a part of this thread, and how you will manage without it! If any of this mattered to you, consider sticking around.

fakeybro something you'd actually play.
HA

I don't know why so many people are impatient with card money. I've got $111 steam wallet left over and I've barely bought anything from the sale.
I recognize that card money is a limited resource, but with my bundle-buying habits I generally accumulate enough card money between the major sales to get everything I want at sale time proper. So having nearly half my wallet left over is a bit depressing.

Fallen Enchantress LE free weekend? I'll be trying it for sure. It has been on my inventory since launch.
Given the backlogs most of us have, how do you justify playing during a free weekend? Or do you just install it and simply add it to the backlog temporarily until it disappears?

I recognize that card money is a limited resource, but with my bundle-buying habits I generally accumulate enough card money between the major sales to get everything I want at sale time proper. So having nearly half my wallet left over is a bit depressing.
4Real.

The fake money usually burns a hole in my digital wallet and I'll fakeybro some shit in a hot minute if I really want it, but this sale was so ugh I couldn't even bring myself to part with my fake money and have a fair bit left.

I mean not MadjokiSpoderScroogeMcDuck levels, but a lot for me considering I usually have $5 or less and have quite a bit more than that now and couldn't find hardly anything I thought was worth a damn to spend it on.

New from LazyGuys: Starting 2015 Like A Boss Bundle - $2.99

• Biglands: A Game Made By Kids (Steam) (Desura)
  • The Ingenious Machine (Steam) (Desura)
  • Dreaming Sarah (Steam Early Access) (Desura)
  • Yelaxot (Greenlit) (Desura)*
  • Cubot (Greenlit) (Desura)*
  • The Interview (Desura)*
  • Gun World (Desura)*
  • David (Desura)*
  • Rotieer (Desura)*
  • One Snack Please (Desura)*
  • Bernie Needs Love (Desura)*
  • Spellbind (Desura)*
*in various stages of Greenlight, Steam keys given when Greenlit

Ends 1/21.
Not bad only want Bernie Needs Love and Gun World....already have the others or just don't really want them...likely pass.

But think of all the scintillating conversation and camaraderie you experienced as a part of this thread, and how you will manage without it! If any of this mattered to you, consider sticking around.
I'll sleep with one eye open, gripping my backlog tight...

I used to be a regular back in college, but less so now.

I gilby it unless it's something I'm really interested in giving a spin.
If I'm THAT interested and the discount is acceptable, I just buy it and onto the backlog it goes. I can't handle the pressure of my access expiring in a day or two; I'm already struggling under the weight of a 1500+ game backlog.

Given the backlogs most of us have, how do you justify playing during a free weekend? Or do you just install it and simply add it to the backlog temporarily until it disappears?
I just say I will try it. By Sunday at 20:00, I'll remember I said I'll try it but now I don't have enough time. So I'll feel guilty and drink some. Then, a bit drunk, I'll buy it... adding it to the backlog

Life is hard

Bunch of old ass shit on BS for three fiddy

The Pioneer Bundle - 8 Steam games for $3.49; 

Sid Meier's Colonization (Classic) 

Sid Meier's Covert Action (Classic) 

Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold Plus (Classic) 

B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th 

Silent Service 

Dragonsphere 

Command H.Q. 

Across The Rhine

In case you didn't know, these are classics.

p9vdFLq.jpg

Now, really. I love MoM kind of games, I usually play them right away and not stopping until at least some 40 hours. Eador, I'm looking at you

Faerie Solitaire is 95% off. Wonder if I should add it to the pile...
Wait, what? That game used to be $4.99. The only reason I even remember that was cause I bought a gift copy with a 90% off coupon for $.49.

Actually I think I still have that gift copy. Did you want it?

I just say I will try it. By Sunday at 20:00, I'll remember I said I'll try it but now I don't have enough time. So I'll feel guilty and drink some. Then, a bit drunk, I'll buy it... adding it to the backlog

Life is hard
Yeah that's the thing that sucks about free weekends... they end at 1 PM on Sunday for me... so by the time I decide to try it and suffer through slow download rates, it's over.

All their games are now 75% off and the bundle with all three games is 80% off.

That's Indie Gala levels of price dicking, dammit!
Wait for dailies! Why u never learn :D

EU price is nice too, probably only game that's cheaper here than in the US.

Wait for dailies! Why u never learn :D

EU price is nice too, probably only game that's cheaper here than in the US.
It never made it to any of the dailies during the sale. The old wisdom was if on the last day of the sale it's not and never was a daily/flash, it's safe to buy. Except sometimes now we obviously get trolled.

Also this was a very late addition during the winter sale because the dev dropped the ball on getting his sale price stuff in on time because of some really heavy RL drama, but then he contacted a Steam rep and they went ahead and made it an 11th hour Winter Sale addition.

Not sure why they pulled this 66% 80% stunt though.

It's a weekend offer like Fallen Enchantress, but it's not featured on the main store site yet.
Well I meant why would you run a greater sale immediately after a lesser one during the big winter sale?

They basically pulled a Jade Empire on people.

It never made it to any of the dailies during the sale. The old wisdom was if on the last day of the sale it's not and never was a daily/flash, it's safe to buy. Except sometimes now we obviously get trolled.
You should be waiting for next time game is on sale unless you must be playing it before next major sale, no?

Edit: Unless it's licensed game or in other real danger of removal, ofc.

Well I meant why would you run a greater sale immediately after a lesser one during the big winter sale?

They basically pulled a Jade Empire on people.
Someone has to, that's how Steam rolls. Carpe Fulgur games aren't discounted so rarely like Jade Empire was and 66% wasn't the lowest price ever, so I doubt many people bought it just before sale ended.

Not that anyone cares, because eww, but Greenmangaming just changed all games that required the capsule to now require the Playfire client.

I kind of figured they would do that eventually.

Someone has to, that's how Steam rolls. Carpe Fulgur games aren't discounted, so rarely like Jade Empire was and 66% wasn't the lowest price ever, so I doubt many people bought it just before sale ended.
While the discounts are nowhere near as rare as Jade Empire, Carpe Fulgar games tend to mostly only get discounted during the Summer/Winter steam sales. It's perfectly reasonable for people who don't have the games to buy them during that time.

See for yourself:

http://www.steamgamesales.com/Zc0Li/recettear-an-item-shops-tale

I noticed I still have the option to turn inventory items into Gems, and gem sacks are still selling on the market.  Any idea if this is a permanent feature now, along with crafting booster packs, or will this disappear eventually?

I noticed I still have the option to turn inventory items into Gems, and gem sacks are still selling on the market. Any idea if this is a permanent feature now, along with crafting booster packs, or will this disappear eventually?
Gems & booster crafting are permanent. Auctions are hopefully recurring.

I noticed I still have the option to turn inventory items into Gems, and gem sacks are still selling on the market. Any idea if this is a permanent feature now, along with crafting booster packs, or will this disappear eventually?
It looks like it's permanent. If it wasn't, I'd think they'd have made gems expire.

It looks like it's permanent. If it wasn't, I'd think they'd have made gems expire.
There is no longer a link to the Booster Creator on the home page (unless I'm missing it). I can probably find it in my history, but one would think this would remain accessible. Otherwise, not much point in crafting gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back