Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no longer a link to the Booster Creator on the home page (unless I'm missing it). I can probably find it in my history, but one would think this would remain accessible. Otherwise, not much point in crafting gems.
It's always been on the badge page, at the top right.

While the discounts are nowhere near as rare as Jade Empire, Carpe Fulgar games tend to mostly only get discounted during the Summer/Winter steam sales. It's perfectly reasonable for people who don't have the games to buy them during that time.

See for yourself:

http://www.steamgamesales.com/Zc0Li/recettear-an-item-shops-tale
You're right and I knew that before. I just think about the whole situation rather like "it's another Magicka sale..." than "OMG! They screwed us all like it was with Jade Empire!".

I've played a bit of WRC Powerslide.  It's fairly enjoyable.  It's top-ish down racer with a few booster drops (weapons/shields/boost) and nice visuals.  If you're interested in it, it's worth a buck.

I've played a bit of WRC Powerslide. It's fairly enjoyable. It's top-ish down racer with a few booster drops (weapons/shields/boost) and nice visuals. If you're interested in it, it's worth a buck.
Any thoughts on Nascar 14? I had thought maybe it was pulled for the subsequent year's iteration to come out, but apparently a new company bought it and the license changed hands. http://dmigames.com/

Any thoughts on Nascar 14? I had thought maybe it was pulled for the next year's iteration to come out, but apparently a new company bought it and the license changed hands. http://dmigames.com/
I've been looking into the changes in '14 (I've played '13)... I'm not done yet, but they seem minimal and don't address some core flaws in NASCAR '13. Offhand, I really can't recommend it. Also, I need to dig up an old Neuro-post on some activity in there he found fun.

In '13 the AI is very weird. If you're obsessed with placing well (like I am) then the AI gets really aggressive... and weird... I've been flipped around backwards at the front of the pack a number of times. If you're content being near the rear of the pack, it seems okay. The graphics and handling otherwise seemed fine. Due to it's flawed AI, it's not really a game I can recommend. I really should play more and learn to settle for being at the back of the pack.

And thanks, I was trying to find who got the license... lol... hit the old official site :wall:

"Chumps... I can do this in reverse!"

Bitch Please, you know y'all are going to wait for that retro pixel crap to get bundled. Don't even play like you're going to pay $15 for some indie shit.

WRC Powerslide was taken off of the steam store recently. It's available from tremor if you didn't get it from Humble.
99 cents on sale at the Gala Store right now for those like me who can't be arsed with Tremor.
That's good because Tremor still hasn't given back the coins they took from me thus resulting in a negative coin total.

*shakes fist at monetary coin injustices*

To everyone complaining about Carpe Fulger pulling a Jade Empire...

mq1.jpg

There is no longer a link to the Booster Creator on the home page (unless I'm missing it). I can probably find it in my history, but one would think this would remain accessible. Otherwise, not much point in crafting gems.
Its not on the homepage, but if you click your gems in inventory, you get a link to craft a booster, which still opens the Booster Pack Creator. So, its still worthwhile and looks to be permanent.

That big list  has some interesting games.  Many big games I already knew about and a few headscratchers that look much too unpolished to make it out this year.  Also, a ton of early access stuff.  I kept saying "oh, that's not released yet?"

The one that intrigues me is That Which Sleeps.  I love the idea of playing bad guys.  It looks sorta like a "Have you ever wanted to be Sauron?" game.

Of course, having potential or an awesome idea  is hardly a guarantee you'll get a good finished product.

There's a 2015 game that lets you be a dog and measures how much dog-fun you have at the dog park so I don't know why we'd even need any other 2015 game releases.

Not all of us are dog-people.

#Skitty4life
Well there was this but it looked like a really half baked, half assed lame attempt to cash in on the popularity of goat simulator. And it shows. Their Kickstarted failed and it looks abandoned. Knowing Valve, it will probably get Greenlit anyway eventually.

Not all of us are dog-people.

#Skitty4life
Plus, that doesn't make sense.
Dogs are perfect for long-form. They're the kings of prose. If you could write a book about Abraham Lincoln's Doctor's dog, you would be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams (People love novels about Abraham Lincoln, doctors and dogs. You'd basically be giving them the literary equivalent of chocolate-covered-peanut-butter-crack-cocaine.)

Cats are prefect for short-form. It's why they rule the internet with an iron paw. Unless it's an RPG, videogames are cat turf.

That big list has some interesting games. Many big games I already knew about and a few headscratchers that look much too unpolished to make it out this year. Also, a ton of early access stuff. I kept saying "oh, that's not released yet?"

The one that intrigues me is That Which Sleeps. I love the idea of playing bad guys. It looks sorta like a "Have you ever wanted to be Sauron?" game.

Of course, having potential or an awesome idea is hardly a guarantee you'll get a good finished product.
That Which Sleeps is Cthulhu mythos related, so definitely on my radar! Hoping it turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back