Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I'm complaining, but how do I own Boid again? Was this a beta or something?

*Edit: Okay that's awesome. Again not complaining. :)

Boid beta keys became the full release, directly mentioned by the dev.

"Yes, everyone who got into the beta (well over 17,000 people) is getting the game for free."

We have unfortunately received information from the developers of GTA V that the box key, which was sold in our store, is not going to activate the game on Steam. This means that along with the key you would have to own a physical copy of the game to activate it.
Looks like GTA V isn't going to use steamworks. eww...

24 pages behind...doubt I missed anything.

Question for all you hoarders game collectors hoarders regarding your Steam client and categories.  I prefer(ed) keeping my games organized by genre due to it being easier to browse for a random title to play, but I've found that after 1K (after 50 really), I don't really browse my games. Am I fighting an uphill battle? Someone vindicate my sudden change of heart to break down the barriers of my game library and go back to a simple installed/not installed (or something like that) structure.  (FYI, I currently have about 40 genre categories.)

Question for all you hoarders game collectors hoarders regarding your Steam client and categories. I prefer(ed) keeping my games organized by genre due to it being easier to browse for a random title to play, but I've found that after 1K (after 50 really), I don't really browse my games. Am I fighting an uphill battle? Someone vindicate my sudden change of heart to break down the barriers of my game library and go back to a simple installed/not installed (or something like that) structure. (FYI, I currently have about 40 genre categories.)
Pretty much the same here. I'll probably keep categorising my games, but less because it helps me find them, and more because I'm obsessive about small details.

Question for all you hoarders game collectors hoarders regarding your Steam client and categories. I prefer(ed) keeping my games organized by genre due to it being easier to browse for a random title to play, but I've found that after 1K (after 50 really), I don't really browse my games. Am I fighting an uphill battle? Someone vindicate my sudden change of heart to break down the barriers of my game library and go back to a simple installed/not installed (or something like that) structure. (FYI, I currently have about 40 genre categories.)
If you have no categories, Steam loads a bit faster. That's one reason to not use categories. I stopped using them because I never look for the categories.. there was no point.

I do the same thing, I actually went and counted and I'm somewhere around 30 genre categories. Once I narrow that down to my installed games it's ~200. Usually I end up playing one of my five or so favorites, sometimes I try to look through my list for other stuff I could play and just get tired looking through the list. Sometimes I wonder why I keep buying games when I end up playing the same ones over and over, but then I realize... it's an addiction.

Games: 504 Categories: ZERO! Woohoo, living on the edge. I tried to categorize mine a couple weeks ago. I failed miserably because:

1. Some games are hard to categorize/ have multiple categories

2. I don't remember what the heck some most of them are. :)

3a. Valve is zero help in the matter. Their categories aren't nearly detailed enough.

3b. Tried this thing called Depressurizer to do it for me but it was a round trip voyage on the failboat. (because it uses lousy categories from above). Half my games were supposedly "Action" booo

Games: 504 Categories: ZERO! Woohoo, living on the edge. I tried to categorize mine a couple weeks ago. I failed miserably because:

1. Some games are hard to categorize/ have multiple categories

2. I don't remember what the heck some most of them are. :)

3a. Valve is zero help in the matter. Their categories aren't nearly detailed enough.

3b. Tried this thing called Depressurizer to do it for me but it was a round trip voyage on the failboat. (because it uses lousy categories from above). Half my games were supposedly "Action" booo
Exactly. It's very hard to perfectly categorize a game, which is another reason I don't bother.

I stopped with categories because it felt like I was creating more work for myself. Luckily with the tagging system in place, general game type tags are (usually) accurate, so I let other people categorize for me. Since Enhanced Steam has some filters and highlights the games you own, it is easier to browse your own games through tags if you are looking for something semi-specific and see what fits the bill.

I have mine split up by normally Publisher and/or Developer.

If I have a bunch of games for a franchise, I'll split it up even further.

Categories:

Played - games I have played and might play again some day

Uncategorized - games I might play some day

Hidden - crap I will never play again or in the first place

Looks like GTA V isn't going to use steamworks. eww...
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Translation:

Rockstar Social Club required.
That's not the entirety of the WTF though.

"along with the key you would have to own a physical copy of the game to activate it."

None of the other Social Club enabled forced games required anything physical to activate. This shit doesn't make any sense.

Rockstar just makes my fucking head hurt, with their shitty PC ports and multilayered, Anti-Social Club DRM dogshit.

"along with the key you would have to own a physical copy of the game to activate it."

None of the other Social Club enabled forced games required anything physical to activate. This shit doesn't make any sense.
WTF @ own a physical copy.

Is that bullcrap or is Rockstar going to actually send us discs?!?!?

Even me of all people, have mostly transitioned to going digital w/ PC games.

EDIT:

Rockstar just makes my fucking head hurt, with their shitty PC ports and multilayered, Anit-Social Club DRM dogshit.
And the way they back-patched GTA: SA PC, as well.

They could've just added a separate new bloody entry for GTA: SA "HD" PC - and we wouldn't have this problem.

If you have no categories, Steam loads a bit faster. That's one reason to not use categories.
That's interesting. I wonder why it slows down enough for people to have noticed it. :whistle2:k

That may be for physical copies... or even just physical copies in certain regions. I'm not sure why, but when I read madjoki's (unsourced) quote, it sounded to me as if it was from a CD key retailer who was giving a reason for not taking (or cancelling) preorders.

WTF @ own a physical copy.

Is that bullcrap or is Rockstar going to actually send us discs?!?!?

Even me of all people, have mostly transitioned to going digital w/ PC games.
I think they're saying: Buy it digitally for $60 (fuck that) on Steam or you HAVE to get it on physical discs. I'll wait until it's $5 on Steam sale, 2 years from now, and that's only if the port is worth a shit.

Jesus H Christ people. HELLO THIS IS NOT EUROPE (unless you live in Europe, in which case you should really go here instead http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/new/, you'll be right at home)

Madjoki being the scheisty pimp he is who never gets anything on the up and up pre-ordered it from saw that notice on some schiestery grey market euro key seller who gets their keys from opening up boxes that the Russian mafia strong armed from some Babushka Babbages.

Obviously, no one, even Blizzard, could pull off requiring American PC gamers to have a god damned disc in their computer. The outrage over that would be enormous.

Now you better believe it will have Rockstar social and probably some shitty Securom or something like that too, but this ain't Europe. We're modern and civilized for god's sake. okay maybe not MysterD and his discs but that's the exception.

Jesus H Christ people. HELLO THIS IS NOT EUROPE (unless you live in Europe, in which case you should really go here instead http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/new/)

Madjoki being the scheisty pimp he is who never gets anything on the up and up pre-ordered it from some schiestery grey market euro key seller who gets their keys from opening up boxes that the Russian mafia strong armed from some Babushka Babbages.

Obviously, no one even Blizzard couple pull off requiring American PC games to have a god damned did in their computer. The outrage over that would be enormous.

Now you better believe it will have Rockstar social and probably some shitty Securom or something like that too, but this ain't Europe. We're modern and civilized for god's sake. okay maybe not MysterD and his discs but that's the exception.
Hey, give me some credit - I've transitioned quite a bit away from buying games from retail, except in some very few rare instances. ;)

#CAGTaughtMe

EDIT:

I think they're saying: Buy it digitally for $60 ( fuck that) on Steam or you HAVE to get it on physical discs. I'll wait until it's $5 on Steam sale, 2 years from now, and that's only if the port is worth a shit.
Oh, c'mon - we know GTA 5 PC is going to require an i7, 4GB VRAM GeForce 970, and 16 GB of RAM for a minimum. ;)

This game includes nudity and explicit sexual dialog.

Buy Sakura Spirit
WEEKEND DEAL! Offer ends January 12

-66%
$9.99
$3.39

Add to Cart

Great...just when I thought I didn't need anymore self-pitying gratuitous self-pleasuring aids...

I'll be in my basement if anyone needs me.

Watch that'll be the new trend now. Sell the censored German version of your game as a new game!
Actually, judging from the sub listing at SteamDB, there's going to be two different versions of the game. There's two "Store or CD Key" and two "CD Key" subs, so one's definitely the friendly German version.

They may just be keeping everything in one package this time - Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2 had completely separate Zombie Army 1 and 2 versions sold in Germany. Great for that +1, but possibly annoying for everyone else.

Actually, judging from the sub listing at SteamDB, there's going to be two different versions of the game. There's two "Store or CD Key" and two "CD Key" subs, so one's definitely the friendly German version.

They may just be keeping everything in one package this time - Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2 had completely separate Zombie Army 1 and 2 versions sold in Germany. Great for that +1, but possibly annoying for everyone else.
Hmm, it just seemed like they were suddenly downplaying the Nazi angle, at least on the store page. But not really my sort of game anyway (zombies) so eh.

And yeah I have a couple of those +1 types on my Steam friends list. I know we joke about ourselves +1ing, but these guys literally will buy the same game under a different ID to have another +1.

I think DRM for whatever version should be up to either the dev's; publisher; or both to agree upon.
I think I should get to pick the DRM you have and for you I choose activation limits, disc in drive and always online DRM.

Then you'll end up on a console where you belong

... really, Rebellion?

Zombie Army Trilogy is up for preorder on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301640

It's part 3 but it also includes "remastered" versions of Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2. You get 30% off if you own one of those, or 60% off if you own two.

Ugh...
I don't really see the issue. You knew they were gonna do a zombie version of SE3 eventually, and throwing in better versions of the original 2 was a nice treat (though the price CLEARLY reflects their inclusion). I would have been mad if there wasn't a significant loyalty discount but there is. Each game in the bundle is $15, so if you have both the original games, the price is ~$15 (so you're basically paying the usual price for Zombie Army 3) AND you get the better versions too. What's not to like?

... really, Rebellion?

It's part 3 but it also includes "remastered" versions of Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2. You get 30% off if you own one of those, or 60% off if you own two.

Ugh...
I don't really see the issue. You knew they were gonna do a zombie version of SE3 eventually, and throwing in better versions of the original 2 was a nice treat (though the price CLEARLY reflects their inclusion). I would have been mad if there wasn't a significant loyalty discount but there is. Each game in the bundle is $15, so if you have both the original games, the price is ~$15 (so you're basically paying the usual price for Zombie Army 3) AND you get the better versions too. What's not to like?

... really, Rebellion?

Ugh...
Well, since I always bitch about devs screwing over early buyers, I am forced to pre-order this. Doesn't hurt I love this entire series. Probably my favorite franchise this decade (starting with SE2).

I think I should get to pick the DRM you have and for you I choose activation limits, disc in drive and always online DRM.

Then you'll end up on a console where you belong
Develop your own game and/or publish your own game - then you can call the shots for DRM on your game.

I prefer the customization (of resolutions, graphics settings and other things), KB-mouse for certain games (especially for shooters), option to also use gamepads (better for fighting games like MK series + SF series), the modding that normally goes along w/ PC games, and that my older games can often still work even on modern systems.

I could go on and on about why I prefer PC gaming - but this already says plenty enough here, IMHO.

So, PC gaming it is for me.

Develop your own game and/or publish your own game - then you can call the shots for DRM on your game.

I prefer the customization (of resolutions, graphics settings and other things), KB-mouse for certain games (especially for shooters), option to also use gamepads (better for fighting games like MK series + SF series), the modding that normally goes along w/ PC games, and that my older games can often still work even on modern systems.

I could go on and on about why I prefer PC gaming - but this already says plenty enough here, IMHO.

So, PC gaming it is for me.
Isn't your PC like an xbox 360 with a internet browser though? Not trying to be a dick just making an observation.

Oh, wait.

Looks like they did remove the Nazis from Zombie Army after all. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Rebellion.

Isn't your PC like an xbox 360 with a internet browser though? Not trying to be a dick just making an observation.
Consoles are way too closed of a gaming platform to suit me.

My current PC (Bloomfield i7 950; 1 GB VRAM of GF 560 Ti; 16 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit OS) can still run many games in 1080p at graphical settings that are better than what the hell those consoles are putting out. Good luck finding a game on a X360 running at that resolution. Hell, good luck w/ finding even many XB1 games running at 1080p in most instances, for that matter!

I like being able to flip graphics bells + whistles to suit the way that I want things to look + run, which suits what my PC can handle + also what I think is suitable for me.

And if I do need to upgrade my PC or build a PC to handle something - hell, that can be done. Consoles - nope, fixed box. If a game runs poorly or doesn't look that great on a console - you are stuck w/ what you got.

Being a PC gamer from the FPS era of the mid-to-late 1990's, I am not very fond of playing shooters like Borderlands 2 w/ a gamepad, either. Give me KB-mouse.

This discussion could get way more long-winded if I get into modding, my increasing PC Windows game-library since 1995, and other things - so, I'll stop here for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back