Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
[customspoiler=snip]It's pretty good in my opinion. Also The user reviews seem to mostly agree with me for both games.
344vbjc.png

sgq3dd.png

To be honest though I still haven't had the time to give it a proper full playthrough yet. I also haven't bought Zero myself but probably will soon.
Coming right up some inapropriate images ripped straight from the series.
nomnomnomnomnom.jpg

record-agarest-war-2.jpg

155063-f37a675a7c55a0b7c5c59acb329a6633.jpg
[/customspoiler]
I was going to ask how girls eating bananas was supposed to be inappropriate, but then I noticed that one pink-haired chick nomming it up on the purple-haired chick's banana, and I saw what you meant. Nibbling on another person's food like that isn't cool.

I was going to ask how girls eating bananas was supposed to be inappropriate, but then I noticed that one pink-haired chick nomming it up on the purple-haired chick's banana, and I saw what you meant. Nibbling on another person's food like that isn't cool.
At least she didn't drink her milkshake.

Or maybe she did. I have no idea what's being discussed.

bKVQ8.jpg

For what I played of Agarest War I think it was decent fun. The story seemed pretty good. The only problem I see is the battle system is kind of slow even for turn based games standards. I really need to finish it someday. I also remember the great prices for cards....also the backgrounds...used to sell for $3+. Worth trying at that price though.

Remember Josh from Amazon who was here for like 5 minutes? I guess he is too busy being BFFs with Josephine from Dragon Age to do CAG duties.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2s0bj0/so_i_just_now_realized_that_my_secretsanta/

So I just now realized that my SecretSanta included a personal message from Allegra Clark, the voice of Josephine Montilyet in DA:I. OMG! (Some minor spoilers.) (self.dragonage)

submitted 6 hours ago * by faemne

TL;DR my Secret Santa, AmazonJosh, was mad awesome this year and got me a KindleFire, a Cheese of the Month subscription, a Halo book, goodies for my obese wondercat, and more. (You can see my posts on RedditGifts for a recap of all of that awesome.) He had also included a zip drive with a note that it would be worth my while.

SO I am kind of weird about opening presents sometimes - does anyone else open up things one by one, over time? - I think it has something to do with a weird compulsion that I don't deserve any of this stuff - and ANYWAY, what I just now discovered by chugging in the zip drive my Secret Santa provided for me is that

(1) My Secret Santa is personal friends with Allegra Clark, the voice of Josephine Montilyet in DA:I and 2) He had her record a super long personal message for me AS WELL AS A CUSTOMIZED VOICE MAIL. (It says to leave a message because I'm out for Inquisition business. How awesome is that????)

Not sure how to upload the files but am totally happen to share them. She went through my Reddit history and sort of responded to a lot of my posts on here. I am currently thrilled and cringing in shame that the Ambassador knows about my life now. OMG Josephine!

Some revelations from her message:

-I've posted about romancing Blackwall... She says Blackwall is her "trash boyfriend" in the playthroughs and that she loved that Blackwall romanced her character in the game. She said she feels bad she isn't friends with Alistair Parker (voice of Blackwall) IRL because "He'd be way cooler to talk to you than me." (No, Josephine!! You are the best.) -Allegra is a huge DA fan and has played through the entire franchise.

LESS RELATED TO BIOWARE (this was her responding to some of my quirks: -She's a huge beauty product junkie and has somewhat of an 'addiction'. -Like me (many of us?) Allegra is a catlady. -She is clearly an awesome person to take time out of her day to participate in Reddit Secret Santa.

Anyway, in case she is still reading - and in response to AmazonJosh, who is the most fantastic SecretSanta ever! - I am sharing with you that Allegra is awesome and that the Dragon Age team must be one of the best to work for, evarrrr.

(Will totally post the voicemail she recorded for me if there is interest.)
Oh and Agarest sucks. Tedious grindy waifu simulator with like 98% boring slog grind and 2% waifu. And the never fixed the damned sound skipping a lot of us had with the port.

Oh he still works there. Why do you think he's buying people Kindles and cheese of the month clubs? Employee discount.

Also his Linkedin still says he does. :p

Shit Console People Say

This is just a download code in a case, right?
I'm curious about this as well. I've heard that it is, which is unfortunate and will probably prevent me from picking it up on consoles.
Yeah it's just a case and a download code is inside. Dumb really.
Not if you can get it, use the codes and trade it back in for $11 after GCU!
So...is this a $2 code if you buy it and trade it in...I am confused how BBY can take this in as a trade...
In for one. I like display cases for download games like this.
Also

The EU version actually does have a disc apparently
Of course it does.

Console peasants are stuck in the stone age. In a few years they'll see the light.. physical games will no longer exist, but by then PC games can be downloaded to your brain. We'll all be MysterDs.

All this talk of buying games. You guys should play games and be uber elite like me.

I played A Bird's Story. It took 84 minutes. So yeah, I played (and BEAT) a game.

That is all.

:grouphug:
How is that? I heard it was actually a pretty decent little short artsy romp. Is it worth getting if its on sale/budled cheap?

I think that was the game that uses assets from Suikoden or Suikoden 2. Don't know if they took them out.. doesn't surprise me that it's free.
holy crap, i think your right. The 3rd picture especially looks exactly like the checkpoint you have to cross

It said that... but checking the steam-link in my profile page worked. Don't give up so easily! ;)
hmm under where? i tried and no dice. Maybe theyre actually out now

hmm under where? i tried and no dice. Maybe theyre actually out now
If you enter the email associated with your IG account, then it's there on your account page (that links to your bought bundles) under giveaways.... It told me outta keys when I signed up for it, but it redeemed fine outta the account page.

If you enter the email associated with your IG account, then it's there on your account page (that links to your bought bundles) under giveaways.... It told me outta keys when I signed up for it, but it redeemed fine outta the account page.
But then Malkan said he tried after you posted that but it didn't work for him but he already had it anyway and just tried because.

And then I posted an OH YOU gif with Stephanie from Lazytown.

And then people started getting all PedoBear.

And then someone posted a picture of Jaden Smith.

And then I posted a picture of Jada Pinket.

And then I went to go watch TV and a whole bunch of stuff magically disappeared.

Anyone played The Sacred tears: true? Looks like an ok little RPG. Im just having a hard time finding anything in this anime game sale to buy. I dont care for visual novels really, and most of the sales are less than or just 50%

The only other two i was eyeballing were Eryi's action, and Bunny Must die! They looked like cute ilttle platformers but at only 50% off i may wait

Also tempted to wait for 75% for Y's Origin since its the last one i need. Has it hit 75% before? I may just say screw it and get it @ 66%

ah thank you. Been a long day, for some reason i was thinking it would be under the steam group page >_<

Yea, just checked and didn't see it there. You must have gotten in at the tail end of it. Ah well, kinda wanted it just to see how much suikoden art i could spot, heh

But then Malkan said he tried after you posted that but it didn't work for him but he already had it anyway and just tried because.
I was figuring that IG was dealing with greedy pigs. ;) I guess I might have gotten in at the end and spodered someone's key before they hit "redeem".

Either that or I was madjoki'ing.

Wait, won't that make all of us want physical games where possible?
While MysterD prefers retail boxes + physical copies - he does not find it necessary anymore to do so, when in most instances CAG-pricing for digital products slaughters retail by a mile. I rarely buy from retail - except in few instances.

i.e. In 2014, I bought retail copies of Diablo 3: ROS for $20 from BestBuy during the Summer; X Rebirth from BestBuy.com online (to get shipped to my home); StarCraft 2: HOTS + Guild Wars 2 from Amazon's retail box division during Black Friday sales - when these were all cheaper than their digital version at the time [all the Blizzard games + X Rebirth] or equal to them (i.e. GW2 retail box from Amazon was the same as its digital price - so I bought it from Amazon and had it shipped to me; since I also bought other SC2 with it and Pharrell's newest album to knock it past $35 for free shipping).

Plus, MysterD can always back-up game-folders, game-file installers, patches, game-saves, game-profiles, etc on blank DVD's (if they're small enough to fit on one or two DVD's) or just toss them on his external HDD's (especially huge-sized games - which is happening way more often).

EDIT:

Remember Josh from Amazon who was here for like 5 minutes? I guess he is too busy being BFFs with Josephine from Dragon Age to do CAG duties.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2s0bj0/so_i_just_now_realized_that_my_secretsanta/
Josh is friends w/ Allegra / Josephine from DA:I? Wow, that's pretty cool.

But still - WTH, Josh?

If Josh knows people who have done work w/ BioWare + EA, can't he go convince his bosses + EA/BioWare to agree on getting us a killer Amazon sale on DA:I PC? ;)

I have Amazon GC Bing-made $ to blow here!

I had some problems with my GPU a couple days ago. Will post it in case someone find it useful.

I have a XFX 6870. I know is old, but as long as I can play my games with it, I'll keep it ;)

To the point, I was getting high temperatures, my iddle was around 50ºC. It was the fan on the cooler, it was almost stuck. Searching amazon, I found some replacements, but wasn't sure, since I needed a 0.5A, not a 0.35A and not every fan showed that info on it's page. And besides that, almost all ot them comes from Hong Kong and that means "5 - 24 days"... and you know it will be 24.

TL;DR, I just followed this tutorial on how to fix my GPU fan. It was incredible easy. Now I'm getting 42ºC iddle again.

BUT... it is noisy, not "faulty noisy", just noisy. I need to think about buying a new GPU. I was thinking about the R9 280x, I like the price. But... I only have an i3, so I could be having a bottleneck there. The main problem is I just bought a house, so I'm broke by now.

I had some problems with my GPU a couple days ago. Will post it in case someone find it useful.

I have a XFX 6870. I know is old, but as long as I can play my games with it, I'll keep it ;)

To the point, I was getting high temperatures, my iddle was around 50ºC. It was the fan on the cooler, it was almost stuck. Searching amazon, I found some replacements, but wasn't sure, since I needed a 0.5A, not a 0.35A and not every fan showed that info on it's page. And besides that, almost all ot them comes from Hong Kong and that means "5 - 24 days"... and you know it will be 24.

TL;DR, I just followed this tutorial on how to fix my GPU fan. It was incredible easy. Now I'm getting 42ºC iddle again.

BUT... it is noisy, not "faulty noisy", just noisy. I need to think about buying a new GPU. I was thinking about the R9 280x, I like the price. But... I only have an i3, so I could be having a bottleneck there. The main problem is I just bought a house, so I'm broke by now.
I think it all depends on what you want to play, more or less.

How much regular RAM do you have?

If you want to play any of the newer stuff, especially in the AAA realm - you might be looking at upgrading at least processor + vid-card...and maybe also even your mobo, if it comes to that. Hell, you might even want to build a new PC.

Basically, your AMD card's around a NVidia 560 (non-Ti). You're in a similar boat w/ me, vid-card wise - I have a NVidia 560 Ti 1 GB VRAM. I don't know much longer my vid-card can cut it, since I do like to buy newer titles.

I have a i7 950 - so, that might keep be kicking for a little bit longer...especially if I upgrade the vid-card.

If you want to play any of the newer stuff - you're looking to upgrade massively (new processor + new vid card; might also need new mobo) or build a new PC.

Many of the new games seem to want at least i5's or i7's; and want 1GB VRAM or 2GB VRAM for the minimum. Some of these newer games recommend even for VRAM of 2GB, 3GB (see ACU) and sometimes even 4GB (see Shadow of Mordor).

I'll give some examples:

TEW wants an i7 (4 core processor) and 1GB VRAM vid-card at least for minimum; and they recommend NVidia 670 or above; and especially any vid-card w/ 4GB VRAM.

Wolfenstein: TNO wants also an i7 processor for a minimum.

AC4 Black Flag recommends a i5 processor.

ACU requires an i5 and recommends a i7; and for vid-cards it requires a 2GB VRAM card NVidia 670 + recommends 3GB VRAM cards NVidia 780 or AMD R9 290X.

Witcher 3 wants an i5 2500K for a minimum + recommends an i7; wants for a minimum a vid-card of a NVidia 660 or Radeon 7870 + recommends either R9 290 or NVidia GTX 770.

Shadow of Mordor wants i5 minimum + reccommends a i7; and recommends NVidia GF 660 + AMD Radeon 7950.

Josh is friends w/ Allegra / Josephine from DA:I? Wow, that's pretty cool.
But still - WTH, Josh?
If Josh knows people who have done work w/ BioWare + EA, can't he go convince his bosses + EA/BioWare to agree on getting us a killer Amazon sale on DA:I PC? ;)
She's a freelancer. She doesn't work for them anymore than Kate Mulgrew does.

Okay I'll translate to IdiotConsolePeasantese "[customspoiler="Download Code"]
nwftqg.jpg
[/customspoiler]".

And Best Buy is still selling the Lara Croft Osiris one used.

Honestly I just posted that as a little Whatever Happened to Baby Jane Amazon Josh? anecdote. And I put it here since there's no active Amazon PCDD thread because it's pointless.

I think what D's archnemesis said over the holidays about Amazon is true.

Like Amazon cares about this site where people try to buy things for pennies on the dollar

If they merged Amazon digital video games with Amazon games it make sense that he doesn't waste his time around here. If i was a community manager I wouldn't bother with this place. Console game sales trump PC game sales......I'm sure to Amazon ,PC games sales are nice and they don't take up warehouse space...invest as little time into it as possible. Try to price match the world wide leader in PC game sales, Steam and profit.
They can't out Steam Steam or even out Big Fish Big Fish so they're just putting minimal effort in. Tony tried and all that succeeded in doing was getting them to notice he's a good employee willing to put a lot of effort out and moved him to somewhere where they thought he'd be more useful.

I realize MysterD translates everything into 'I wish an AAA game I want was $5 ;) ' but yeah point, that was not.

But hey if you want to go tell some voice actor to put a game on sale there's twitter and tumblr and so forth so knock yourself out. At least it wouldn't be the dumbest or weirdest or creepiest thing anyone said to them.

Just FYI, the correct oil to use for small fans is usually 10 weight (non-detergent) oil, commonly found in stores as sewing machine oil.

Also I've gotten stuff from HK in 5-7 days... but I live near San Francisco.

I feel like someone should just close this thread, it use to contain the best deals on the Internets, but after they blocked the regional gifting its gone completely off topic. Every time I visit this bookmark now its just pages of nonsense not even related to Steam Deals. I miss the good old days...

What? It was always nonsense. The regional gifting useful stuff was in the Cess pool if you really dug through it like a Ross Clearance rack and in Jake's old thread.

I guess we could always try to make useful posts like the console people.

'Shipping kills it'

'Can I trade it for a pricematch to Walmart to Kmart to Sears to Target to Amazon to Best Buy?'

Yeah, why can't we have posts like that?

I feel like someone should just close this thread, it use to contain the best deals on the Internets, but after they blocked the regional gifting its gone completely off topic. Every time I visit this bookmark now its just pages of nonsense not even related to Steam Deals. I miss the good old days...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8SA9dKKhk

You must be confusing us with something else. We've always been "pages of nonsense not even related to Steam Deals."

Congratulations on your 26th post in 7 years. Your opinion is valuable to us. Please hold.

I think he's just mad cuz he missed all of the LazyTown pedotalk. It's understandable, I would be too

Or, you know, you could just stop visiting it.

Feel free to post some deals for us to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back