Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
self control.
Dear Bruticis,

Based on the tone of your recent posts, I assume you haven't been getting the telepathic hugs I've been sending. It's ok to take a hug from a stranger and mine are especially good. I even included a love handle pinch with one of them. Just a playful reminder that even assholes can be loved. Some people specifically love an asshole, but that's not my point. If you're not getting or don't want my psychic hugs, please don't open and trash them. Mark return to sender and give them back, so I can send them on to others. No one wants a "like new" or gently used hug.

Sincerely,

Me

xoxo

Dear Bruticis,

Based on the tone of your recent posts, I assume you haven't been getting the telepathic hugs I've been sending. It's ok to take a hug from a stranger and mine are especially good. I even included a love handle pinch with one of them. Just a playful reminder that even assholes can be loved. Some people specifically love an asshole, but that's not my point. If you're not getting or don't want my psychic hugs, please don't open and trash them. Mark return to sender and give them back, so I can send them on to others. No one wants a "like new" or gently used hug.

Sincerely,

Me

xoxo
Reported for inappropriateness vulgar language sexual imagery to playfire.

Guys this thread is off topic. Can we please stay on track and discuss the one deal per day that gets featured on Steam? The fact that you people can't focus on discussing nothing but a single game deal for 24 hours really shows the level of ADD in this thread.
Hey, I don't have AD - hey what's that shiny thing over there?

Steam currently doesn't have CAG-worthy sales anymore. They proved that w/ the last X-Mas Sale.

Hell - so does a lot of the other digital stores (i.e. Direct2Drive, Origin + Gamersgate), as well. It's like they all banded together and formed "The 66% Off Maximum Digital Gaming Pricing Conspiracy Mafia." ;)

If anything's on-topic in here - we'll complain about those sales; reminisce about the old days when GG had glitches + let them go; reminisce about when both Amazon DVG (with AmazonTony) + Steam had great sales; reminisce about how great HumbleBundle once was; & then go way the hell off-topic.

I vote for Neuro to make a new Steam deal thread. He knows he wants to!
If he's going to go through the trouble to post deals regularly anyway, Steam ones would seem to be more productive than GamersGate. Or at very last in a thread with more community going on.

Steam currently doesn't have CAG-worthy sales anymore. They proved that w/ the last X-Mas Sale.

Hell - so does a lot of the other digital stores (i.e. Direct2Drive, Origin + Gamersgate), as well. It's like they all banded together and formed "The 66% Off Maximum Digital Gaming Pricing Conspiracy Mafia." ;)

If anything's on-topic in here - we'll complain about those sales; reminisce about the old days when GG had glitches + let them go; reminisce about when both Amazon DVG (with AmazonTony) + Steam had great sales; reminisce about how great HumbleBundle once was; & then go way the hell off-topic.
u forgot our Russian friends and traders

I'm about to buy Agarest (Generations of war)), but need a push on either direction. I loved FF Tactics and Vandal Hearts back then, and don't care much about grinding. Metacritic "professional" reviews are bad, but people opinion are really mixed, but a lot of them are good. 

I'm about to buy Agarest (Generations of war)), but need a push on either direction. I loved FF Tactics and Vandal Hearts back then, and don't care much about grinding. Metacritic "professional" reviews are bad, but people opinion are really mixed, but a lot of them are good.
If you can tolerate lots of long, tedious battles that are basically the same thing over and over again . . . go for it. I don't own it, but after hearing tons of people describe it as "great, but a huge grind" I passed and haven't thought twice about it. Too many other good games that don't involve grind. Hell, if you want a good tactical RPG-lite game then try Expeditions: Conquistador.

Or just play XCOM and/or King's Bounty Series unless your entire appeal to buy Agarest is because it's Anime

If you really like Anime and don't mind grind you might be fine with it. I didn't care for it.

It's got that depending on who you marry you get a different kid the next generation mechanic like Phantasy Star III did.

I mentioned this before but for myself and a bunch of other people on the forum apparently, there's an issue with sound stuttering. I've never had this in any other game. It might be a sensitivity thing in that maybe everybody has it but some people just don't notice it as much but it bugged the hell out of me. When the game first came out they put it on their list of things to fix but then they just dropped the ball on it and never mentioned it again.

If you really like Anime and don't mind grind you might be fine with it. I didn't care for it.

It's got that depending on who you marry you get a different kid the next generation mechanic like Phantasy Star III did.

I mentioned this before but for myself and a bunch of other people on the forum apparently, there's an issue with sound stuttering. I've never had this in any other game. It might be a sensitivity thing in that maybe everybody has it but some people just don't notice it as much but it bugged the hell out of me. When the game first came out the put it on their list of things to fix but then they just dropped the ball on it and never mentioned it again.
I bet the sound stutter is because of Steam, I bet GOG's version fellates you while cooking you dinner

Oh and I forgot to mention, it's got a bunch of pay to win DLC, which you can pretty much ignore of course but still is kind of :roll:

*Edited to add: Juan if you don't have TITS yet that's a much better JRPG, but the discount on this sale is not great and no Russians to go to to get it cheaper.  :whistle2:|

Pretty much the only great deals anymore are Glitches.

If you can tolerate lots of long, tedious battles that are basically the same thing over and over again . . . go for it. I don't own it, but after hearing tons of people describe it as "great, but a huge grind" I passed and haven't thought twice about it. Too many other good games that don't involve grind. Hell, if you want a good tactical RPG-lite game then try Expeditions: Conquistador.
Thanks. I already have Expeditions... should give it another try

Or just play XCOM and/or King's Bounty Series unless your entire appeal to buy Agarest is because it's Anime
I'm playing Xcom:EW right now, I'm a huge fan of the series. I was also playing KB:The Legend. And yes, wanted Agarest just because the FF Tactics memories. But it seems it's too far from that game

I mentioned this before but for myself and a bunch of other people on the forum apparently, there's an issue with sound stuttering. I've never had this in any other game. It might be a sensitivity thing in that maybe everybody has it but some people just don't notice it as much but it bugged the hell out of me. When the game first came out they put it on their list of things to fix but then they just dropped the ball on it and never mentioned it again.
If it has that sound problem, I will pass. I liked the music from the videos I saw and I love hearing OSTs... but not like this.

I may go with The last remnant to scratch that itch.

Oh and I forgot to mention, it's got a bunch of pay to win DLC, which you can pretty much ignore of course but still is kind of :roll:

*Edited to add: Juan if you don't have TITS yet that's a much better JRPG, but the discount on this sale is not great and no Russians to go to to get it cheaper. :whistle2:|
I got TITS on my wishlist since it came out, that game looks amazing. I'm just waiting for an interesting discount

what is Tits?
Or stuff like this.
812.gif
I could always go back to posting a lot of this.
Or this.
511127-c3358ff9709e0aeefa5ef212ee292f427557039e.gif
Oh the good old days. Where I could just post jiggle after jiggle without a care in the world.
Lostnumber posted two very good examples

was sir, you are being hunted in a bundle recently? I could have sworn i bought it but dont see it in my library. Man i really need to sort through what i have and dont have through all my bundle purchases

it was a GOG sale actually, i spent like 20 minutes digging through all my junk =P was $1 more than the steam sale right now but worht it for DRM free i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back