Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for Motoki, Priestess of the Sun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WytHkZZKhms​
I actually looked for Turtle Treasure on Big Fish before I realized it was a (real life) slot game.

HOPES DELETED

Some of those slots have interesting names. I think my favorite was [customspoiler=Kitty Glitter]
GCoztQS.jpg
[/customspoiler].

However this grass, tree, mountain, water, rock, air sim shit needs to stop. It's not funny anymore and those 'games' look lame as hell and not even amusing.

Dammit! I wanted that Turtle game. Bait and switch!
4real

Spintires, however, is a great example of a simulator that doesn't call itself -insert boring activity here- Simulator 201X and offer a half assed experience of something no one wants to do. It's an off-road simulator, yes, and it does that extremely well, but it's also a log hauling simulator, which the next dev would have called Log Hauling Simulator 2014 and sold it for $30, and the driving mechanics and physics would have sucked.

Spintires is something silly like 500mb, yet it looks great, runs great, feels great, has a handful of HUGE maps, terrain deformation... It's just really good.

Unfortunately, it is still a simulator, and as such there's not much more you can do but simulate what it does. You can drive around to unlock parts of the map so you can see where you're going, find new vehicles to drive, find new garages, haul logs (small, medium, and large loads, which are progressively more difficult and give you more haul points), then find new garages and unlock them with haul points... but then that's pretty much it. It's more a simulator than it is a game, so a lot of people have been disappointed with it.

PM sent. Hal's comparison to Star Control made me kinda want it. :p
Oh no, no, no... I haven't played it or anything. I just thought the combat kind of looked like Star Control -- which I love. I'm so hard up for a SC-type game that I tend to see them where they really are not.

I actually looked for Turtle Treasure on Big Fish before I realized it was a (real life) slot game.

HOPES DELETED

Some of those slots have interesting names. I think my favorite was [customspoiler=Kitty Glitter]

If a nuclear war happens I guarantee slots and hidden object games will be the only thing to survive.

Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murderin' the Hotel Lesbian Murder in the Hotel Lisbon keys are available through the Desura client for IR Debut 8 purchasers.

If that is going to mess up getting an extra key from the IR bundle page, then don't do it.  I think Desura client then IR is the right order though.

Most of the glitches aren't intentional, just a product of that and they try to fix them when they can and have fixed a lot, it's just that certain ones are sort of impossible to fix outside of redoing the game entirely from scratch again.
There are a few glitches that were left in because they were funny (like the way your neck moves when you go up a ladder), but yeah, the game was pretty quickly thrown together the first time so there will inevitably be stuff with the engine that can't simply be patched. They've still done a pretty good job of fixing what they can though, so I give them props for that instead of taking their money and running away.

OMG bad for sure. Plus not enough Bride of Frankenstein.
ftfy. Seriously have you seen her? She's a poster child for skin cancer awareness. I bet her jawline doubles as a can opener. Free radicals declared a fatwa on her face.

ftfy. Seriously have you seen her? She's a poster child for skin cancer awareness. I bet her jawline doubles as a can opener. Free radicals declared a fatwa on her face.
:shock:

I'll admit she did not look her best in Helix. I don't think I have seen her since then either.

Despite what the cartwheel coupon (and some people) say, the 15% off works on steam wallet cards, it worked for me automatically. If any of you are going to Target tonight to pick up some groceries or something, you can grab a card or two.
I was about to bitchnmoan about having just been there today, but then I thought about how much I actually buy directly on Steam these days, let alone with non-Gabendosh.

1ba1ea921a.png

Finally caught up. Weekend was busy due to a gaming convention.

Didn't expect as much movement in the thread, but SOMEBODY had to add pages upon pages due to charitable key sharing. I hope you're pleased with yourself.

The most amusing part of catching up was where people were posting in Spanish and the site ads started serving Spanish things, too.

Daily Deal - From Paris With Games
The Last Express - $6.99 $1.49
Wrong price on that one. It's $1.75.

I picked this up on GoG some time ago. Haven't played it, of course. Now I want it on Steam because it's on Steam. Going to pretend it's not there...

Okay, no one asked for these, so they are now available for all! Keep them out of the hands of lurkers! Lurking and want a game? Sign up, silly! Will have a new list of games as soon as I grab a beer and start some music and change out of this spacesuit! Plenty of time for some of you folks to donate to the Seattle Children's Hospital and get on the list before these fresh games drop!
Saw things not crossed out I would have asked for, only to see them crossed out or simply gone from the most recent list. Well, now I'm at the end of the thread, so maybe I can stay on top of these. Because I need more games or something.

Ok, going to try some pictures. Haven't had any donations today, just sayin'. 

These are open to all:

oIor4DZ.jpg
0URKq7f.jpg
lX0q6uc.jpg
JVc6M2x.jpg
forHBs9.jpg

And these are donor only:

Mw5z4rv.jpg
nHXHP4n.jpg
8NBNymZ.jpg
T99mDYY.jpg
w3nrbwB.jpg
jp7tbmi.jpg
mde6LbL.jpg
WiQaOvf.jpg
OtX4T1F.jpg
Nj26GBr.jpg

That donation page is right here. Every cent goes to the Seattle Children's Hospital.

Sigh, I just spilled a whole cup of water over my desk and into the top of my open case. I don't think much actually reached the components, but now I have to wait a couple days to find out once it's dry. No more backlog reduction for me, for now, anyway....

Finally caught up. Weekend was busy due to a gaming convention.

Didn't expect as much movement in the thread, but SOMEBODY had to add pages upon pages due to charitable key sharing. I hope you're pleased with yourself.

The most amusing part of catching up was where people were posting in Spanish and the site ads started serving Spanish things, too.

Wrong price on that one. It's $1.75.

I picked this up on GoG some time ago. Haven't played it, of course. Now I want it on Steam because it's on Steam. Going to pretend it's not there...

Saw things not crossed out I would have asked for, only to see them crossed out or simply gone from the most recent list. Well, now I'm at the end of the thread, so maybe I can stay on top of these. Because I need more games or something.
I try not to spam too much! ;)

What games were you looking for? Some will return!

:shock:

I'll admit she did not look her best in Helix. I don't think I have seen her since then either.
*googles for pictures*

... looks like she had makeup that made her look like that on purpose. Hell, other than her hair, she looks like someone who hasn't got any makeup on.

Helix got bad, I quit after about 6 episodes, I felt it was just awful by that point. I watched The Strain tonight and it seemed awesome.
I can't think of anything about The Strain that was "awesome". Didn't care for the characters at all, dialogue sucked, story sucked, the acting was ok but nothing special. Best thing about it were the production values/visuals.. but that's about it. Helix kept me watching through till the end.. I'll watch the 2nd episode of The Strain, but if it's not any good I think I'll skip the rest.

Just three episodes:

Helix (TV Series)
Constance Sutton

- The Reaping (2014) ... Constance Sutton (uncredited)
- Bloodline (2014) ... Constance Sutton
- Survivor Zero (2014) ... Constance Sutton
Ah, looks like those are from after I stopped watching.

Huh? I didn't see her in that but she seems to look fine in the pics I can find.

kmGGery.jpg

I was eyeing one of the Desura titles. No worries, I'll just be more vigilant. and maybe donate or something.
Still have those, they just got left off because I was sorting out the list and messed up:

Magic Meisters
One Day for Ched
Songs of the Myrne
Pester
Int. Snooker

And also these Steam games:

Gun Metal
Civilization III
Pid
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
International Snooker

These games were all donated by MinDRioT, so give him a smile next time you see him!

And one last time before I go to bed:

My Extra Life page is right here. From there, you can donate to Seattle Children's Hospital. Every cent goes to help the children. Thanks to everyone who has donated, those who have given games, and the almost everyone for not complaining about how much I have made the thread grow while not actually discussing Steam deals. Look, a bundle!

y u do dis

I can't think of anything about The Strain that was "awesome". Didn't care for the characters at all, dialogue sucked, story sucked, the acting was ok but nothing special. Best thing about it were the production values/visuals.. but that's about it. Helix kept me watching through till the end.. I'll watch the 2nd episode of The Strain, but if it's not any good I think I'll skip the rest.
We're talking about Snake here... Just don't.

I've been posting from CAG Mobile for months because work decided to block CheapAssGamer.

My reaction at discovering that the block has been (temporarily) lifted:

VdXuLTD.gif

(Couldn't find a gif of Prince Charles that compared to this awesomeness)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back