Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's still available, I'd like Larva Mortus, please. I don't want to be greedy, though, I already got one of your earlier games, so no problem at all if you want to spread the games around. Thanks!
Sent it as a trade offer. For some reason, Steam wasn't letting me gift it.

Me and MIndRiot gave FIFA World a try tonight and it was tons of fun. It's basically the online components of FIFA 14. Definitely geared towards trying to get you to buy stuff if you want to upgrade your squad quick and get all the best players, but you earn coins and XP with every match you play and other things so you can build a good squad without all that. We played two online games against each other with relative ease. I killed him 2-1 the first time and he lucked out 1-0 the second time.
so do you have to use your own squad like in FUT or can you have a friendly and pick from any team from any league?

Me and MIndRiot gave FIFA World a try tonight and it was tons of fun. It's basically the online components of FIFA 14. Definitely geared towards trying to get you to buy stuff if you want to upgrade your squad quick and get all the best players, but you earn coins and XP with every match you play and other things so you can build a good squad without all that. We played two online games against each other with relative ease. I killed him 2-1 the first time and he lucked out 1-0 the second time.
Do you remember how big a download it was Fox? MrNinjaNutNibbler wanted to know

so do you have to use your own squad like in FUT or can you have a friendly and pick from any team from any league?
It's FUT so you have to use your own squad to play online. Not sure about the rest of it since I haven't messed with it. I chose Liverpool as my favorite team and was able to play a match against Everton. I also know that on the droid version you can play matches of the day with several different teams/options.

Do you remember how big a download it was Fox? MrNinjaNutNibbler wanted to know
It was around 2 GB IIRC.

We're thinking of trying to put a league together if we get enough people.

That goes for anyone reading this!

Edit:

Found this

Ultimate Team and League Teams mode are available.

League Teams Mode

League Team mode allows players to make progress through an online divisions system, starting in Division 10. Any team within the game is available for use and players can customise squads before they use them. The matchmaking system will face-off players against others of the same team skill level.

Ultimate Team

FIFA Ultimate team, often referred to as ‘FUT’ allows players to build their own custom squads from real world players. These can then be used in either and Offline or Online Seasons Mode, Tournament Mode or Play a Friend. Each week a new Team of the week is released within ultimate team, this gives players a chance to get upgraded players for a limited time period.

The top review for Shantae right now:

sA68dNe.png

Now available from the Indie Royale page as well.

---

Browsing through the SPUF keys thread, I saw this as well:

credit: SPUF user pinkgun

Looks like you'll be able to email with receipt of purchase etc. but why take a chance.
I would swear I own Sky Nations but must have gilby'd every bundle it has been in. Either that or I am confusing it with Skyward Collapse. Who confuses one game for another on a regular basis so I have a proper name for this behavior? I don't want to type out a lengthy description every time I do it in the future!

I'm a little late to this, but I totally have Rush to Glory from Tremor. I can hook you up for only 5 bucks. PM. Let me undercut the competition and save you $$$$!

I would swear I own Sky Nations but must have gilby'd every bundle it has been in. Either that or I am confusing it with Skyward Collapse. Who confuses one game for another on a regular basis so I have a proper name for this behavior? I don't want to type out a lengthy description every time I do it in the future!
Good question.

I got you on Sky Nations, too.

Yup, I just had that added today (I had already chatted with support to add all my EPs a long time ago). Here's the email if anyone's curious:

Dear Origin gamer,

Your current version of The Sims 2 will lose technical support on July 22, 2014. We want you to have the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 in your collection, so you will see a brand new addition to your Origin library: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This is the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 and the version that is still supported by Origin. It also features a lot more content than you may already have in your current version of The Sims 2.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will appear in your Origin library automatically. You'll need to download and install it to your computer to play it.

You're free to continue playing your existing version of The Sims 2, but please note that it is an older edition of the game that will soon lose technical support. To continue receiving support on your progress of The Sims 2 — including Sims characters, houses, etc. — you will need to transfer your save files of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Edition. To learn more about backing up your data, please visit http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-your-sims-2-files/.

Once you've migrated your Sims' lives to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you can better organize your Origin game library by hiding your previous version of The Sims 2. Click on the tile for The Sims 2 in your Game Library for the option to hide it. If you need additional directions, we've got you covered.

Thanks for your continuing passion for The Sims.

— Team Origin
thanks, been hoping they'd sell a complete version but this is even better.

Mine was pretty pleasant. He added Double Deluxe to my account (only requiring the answer to my password recovery question -- easy enough -- and my old key).

I assume all of these will convert to Ultimate as indicated in the email I didn't get. Pitchforks are at the ready.
Mine was very pleasant, only asked for my password recovery question, said he saw The Sims 2 registered on my old ea sims account and sent me a code for double deluxe on Origin.

He also tried to add The Sims (original one) but said there isn't a digital code for it unfortunately, then he added The Sims Medieval.

wow thanks for the early birthday gifts Ea rep :D

anyone know a good SNES style controller to snag for the PC? With some of these indie games on sale i figure i should get one, doesn't feel right playing some old style stuff on an xbox controller

I did some brief searches and it seems like Retrolink/Retrobit (same company?) are pretty good, with g-tron not being too terrible as well. Heard bad things about tommee and other brands. Would something from Retrobit or G-tron be the way to go? ANyone got any suggestions?

anyone know a good SNES style controller to snag for the PC? With some of these indie games on sale i figure i should get one, doesn't feel right playing some old style stuff on an xbox controller

I did some brief searches and it seems like Retrolink/Retrobit (same company?) are pretty good, with g-tron not being too terrible as well. Heard bad things about tommee and other brands. Would something from Retrobit or G-tron be the way to go? ANyone got any suggestions?
Get one of these suckers and use the real thing.

http://www.amazon.com/SNES-Controller-Adapter-USB-Super-NES/dp/B002IXZ5DE

I've just watched the introduction video and it seems very much like the Ultimate Team mode from FIFA 14, which was pretty cool. A little grindy, but cool all the same. Is it meant to be online multi-player only? That's the only real difference I could see in comparison to the base game.

I believe Fox is setting up a league if anybody is interested. (This might have already been mentioned, I'm still catching up with the thread)

I'll give Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition a YAY for finally being here and a BOO for being 29.99 when the website originally said it would be 19.99 for PC.

I'll even throw in a bonus BOO for not being able to keep their own info straight.  When they announced it just  few short weeks ago, it was going to be called the "National Treasure Edition".

Definitely something goofy going on there. Did they mess up their original price quote and the name of pack or did they change it up that close to release?  It is also a bit odd that they announced it for July 8th and then it took an extra week.

New flying bundle

http://www.flyingbundle.com/

includes toilet tycoon but its not on desura or greenlight

that appears to be the only thing in it worth a shit

maybe forklift simulator

someone can list the games and all that crap..took me enough to post it via mobile, you're welcome jerks
Man, Flying Bundle hasn't been doing so good since 8. Toilet Tycoon now? What's going on over there? :p

They're doing a Humble Bundle parody.

What they don't know is that satire requires more hyperbole.
Nah, if it was a Humble parody, there'd be 3-tiers and half the games wouldn't be in tier-1. It's a Groupees parody.

AFAIK the $30 is for consoles and $20 for PC.
Apparently the Steam store page says different. Guess they changed their minds, $20 is pretty cheap for a GOTY with all that DLC.

I'll give Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition a YAY for finally being here and a BOO for being 29.99 when the website originally said it would be 19.99 for PC.

I'll even throw in a bonus BOO for not being able to keep their own info straight. When they announced it just few short weeks ago, it was going to be called the "National Treasure Edition".

Definitely something goofy going on there. Did they mess up their original price quote and the name of pack or did they change it up that close to release? It is also a bit odd that they announced it for July 8th and then it took an extra week.
Yeah, it was originally going to be the Game of the Century Edition, but then they changed their mind and said National Treasure Edition, and now they changed their minds again? Weird.

$20 would seem a fairly low price for a GO-A-TY edition.  Especially when everyone and their mother is going to wait for 60% off or greater.  Personally I'm in no rush.  SR3 wasn't much different from SR2 and since SR4 was originally an expansion to SR3 going to guess it isn't that different, either.

Does anyone out there think Grass Simulator is just....there?
The worst part is the developers, if you can call them that, are insisting on those Greenlight pages that it's not a joke. At least with Goat Sim everyone knows it was a joke that people begged those guys to make into a game, which is still a joke. I mean no one thinks 'Wow that level of goat simulation is just like the real thing'. They were taking a jab at those German simulator games and being completely silly at the same time.

I don't know what these rock/grass/tree/water/mountain people are aiming for. 2deep4u?

The grass one doesn't even seem to really have anything to do with grass. It just looks like some hastily thrown together generic fps where people with guns are running around and there just happens to be grass. The dev keeps asking people 'hey give me ideas!' like that's not his job as a game creator or something.

I'll even throw in a bonus BOO for not being able to keep their own info straight. When they announced it just few short weeks ago, it was going to be called the "National Treasure Edition".

Definitely something goofy going on there. Did they mess up their original price quote and the name of pack or did they change it up that close to release? It is also a bit odd that they announced it for July 8th and then it took an extra week.
I remember the $20 announcement and saw that $30 price and was like

7Nckc7d.gif

AFAIK the $30 is for consoles and $20 for PC.
Except it's $30 on Steam now so either someone forgot the PC version was supposed to be cheaper or they changed their mind. Considering they lowered the base version to $20 (which makes Amazon's deal of the week look even more silly) I'm going with intentional.

I'm making Motoki Simulator where you complain about other simulators and then hassle devs for steam keys.  Look for it soon on Greenlight!  And upvote it for free keys... someday.  With a receipt and screenshot and forwarded email and photo of your sister.

I'm making Motoki Simulator where you complain about other simulators and then hassle devs for steam keys. Look for it soon on Greenlight! And upvote it for free keys... someday. With a receipt and screenshot and forwarded email and photo of your sister.
I actually joined that Grass Sim group when they said vote and then join the group for a free key but I voted no. Hey they didn't say how you had to vote.

I ended up unjoining a day or so ago though. They are just so idiotic (not to be confused with Idiotekque) and I couldn't take their spam anymore on my feed.

No free grass key for me!

Hopefully Valve has enough sense to keep passing them over in spite of the votes. They did this time around.

So I thought to myself, 'hey cool, the Quakecon sale should be coming up...'  Then I realized there's no more Bethesderp/id games I want (or don't already own already).  Except... BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINk.  But they'll still want $5 for that.  Highway robbery.  Is Quake 4 any good?

So I thought to myself, 'hey cool, the Quakecon sale should be coming up...' Then I realized there's no more Bethesderp/id games I want (or don't already own already). Except... BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINk. But they'll still want $5 for that. Highway robbery. Is Quake 4 any good?
y u no git 4 cheep fm sum1 on Gamersgategate?

So I thought to myself, 'hey cool, the Quakecon sale should be coming up...' Then I realized there's no more Bethesderp/id games I want (or don't already own already). Except... BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINk. But they'll still want $5 for that. Highway robbery. Is Quake 4 any good?
WHY DO YOU WANT BRINK

of all people to get so obsessed with such a derptastic game

y u no git 4 cheep fm sum1 on Gamersgategate?
I tried to buy it off a CAG for a dollar. He wouldn't take my money out of shame. I could be wrong, but I think that CAG was Frithsblessing.

I'm with Mooby on this one. Brink, for some reason, has a certain mystery to it. We all know it's a rubbish game, but it sits there in your collection, with a gazillion un-earned achievements, taunting you with "What if?" jibes.

It's almost as if we secretly want to play it and we're embarrassed to admit it. Which is scary given how easily we'd buy a pigeon dating simulator.

:grouphug:

I tried to buy it off a CAG for a dollar. He wouldn't take my money out of shame. I could be wrong, but I think that CAG was Frithsblessing.

I'm with Mooby on this one. Brink, for some reason, has a certain mystery to it. We all know it's a rubbish game, but it sits there in your collection, with a gazillion un-earned achievements, taunting you with "What if?" jibes.

It's almost as if we secretly want to play it and we're embarrassed to admit it. Which is scary given how easily we'd buy a pigeon dating simulator.

:grouphug:
Here's the problem with that... there aren't any pigeon dating simulators on the market so there's a demand for one. There are, however, a gazillion shooters. And approximately all of them are better than brink.

1st: If the pigeon simulator is 5 dollars, or maybe 6.99, day one buy for me.

2nd: Don't want to harp on it, but any fellow CAGs playing Magic 2015 today or plan to play it soon? I only came into it b/c someone had the good will to gift it to me, but I'd be happy to play with you guys after I grab my bearings.

You're doing it wrong. Pigeon sim you should have got in that Groupees bundle. Magic always get last year's model when it goes on sale before the new model comes out.

Who wants BioShock? (Leftover from Humble bundle.) PM me and its yours. I'll also post your username, here, so everyone can berate you for not having owned it yet.
alright, someone needs to take this so i don't make another alt Steam account. might even resist the urge to publicly humiliate you...

I actually liked Brink.  It had it's problems (the AI was terrible), but there was a pretty decent game underneath it's flaws.  If you have a good group of people to play with it can be a lot of fun.  If you're playing by yourself with bots.. well... not so much.

Don't get me wrong or anything - Mooby probably would hate it, but it doesn't really deserve the bad reputation it's gotten.

alright, someone needs to take this so i don't make another alt Steam account. might even resist the urge to publicly humiliate you...
I mean, I have a buddy that may appreciate it, if no one truly wants to take claim to it. Haha. Or give it to Sasquatch for charity!

You're doing it wrong. Pigeon sim you should have got in that Groupees bundle. Magic always get last year's model when it goes on sale before the new model comes out.
I forgot about that. As if I imagined it would get greenlit. I think Steam community be trolling, yet they will probably have good sales b/c of how ridiculous it is. I suppose I would pick up some keys off Tremor if they were there or off of a reseller.

And I know that it will go on sale, just asking if anyone is down to game with what I have. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back