Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
New flying bundle

http://www.flyingbundle.com/

includes toilet tycoon but its not on desura or greenlight

that appears to be the only thing in it worth a shit

maybe forklift simulator

someone can list the games and all that crap..took me enough to post it via mobile, you're welcome jerks
$1 Tier

Dead Hungry Diner (Steam, trading cards)

Fork Truck Challenge (Greenlight)

Frozen Hearth Gold (Steam)

MonstaFish (Greenlight)

Toilet Tycoon (DRM free)

Xotic Premium (Steam)

Pay $9.50 (or more):

Rush for Glory (Steam)

By the way, that makes Frozen Hearth about 99.3% off it's Steam price.

EDIT: Changed back to the original colors, showed as blue in the editor and the sleep deprived brain in my head forgot they are some form of orange in the posts.

Quick aside: Can anyone recommend a cheap but decent HTPC video card (I prefer nvidia). It will not be used for any kind of gaming at all.

I'm looking at EVGA GeForce GT 610, 620 or 630 but I don't know if I can do better in that price range.
Like others have pointed out, the x450 series is the way to go. (2450, 3450, etc)

I have put them in older machines with dumb stuff like Pentium 4s and they will pretty much run the video by themselves. Including bluray 10+GB files (just make sure you have your movie player configured to utilize the video card)

Also, fanless, low profile options, and can be had for 10-20 AR. You really can't get any better.

<Sims 2 turning into an Ultimate Ed>

Yup, I just had that added today (I had already chatted with support to add all my EPs a long time ago). Here's the email if anyone's curious:

Dear Origin gamer,

Your current version of The Sims 2 will lose technical support on July 22, 2014. We want you to have the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 in your collection, so you will see a brand new addition to your Origin library: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This is the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 and the version that is still supported by Origin. It also features a lot more content than you may already have in your current version of The Sims 2.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will appear in your Origin library automatically. You'll need to download and install it to your computer to play it.

You're free to continue playing your existing version of The Sims 2, but please note that it is an older edition of the game that will soon lose technical support. To continue receiving support on your progress of The Sims 2 — including Sims characters, houses, etc. — you will need to transfer your save files of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Edition. To learn more about backing up your data, please visit http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-your-sims-2-files/.

Once you've migrated your Sims' lives to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you can better organize your Origin game library by hiding your previous version of The Sims 2. Click on the tile for The Sims 2 in your Game Library for the option to hide it. If you need additional directions, we've got you covered.

Thanks for your continuing passion for The Sims.

— Team Origin
Awesome @ them turning Sims 2 copies into an Ultimate Edition.

So, when's The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection coming - 2020?

I'm in a 45-50 minute queue now waiting for EA live chat support. I was too lazy to have them add it in the past, especially since I've lost much of the expansion boxes and the thought of re-installing them all one by one makes my head hurt, but one big mega version to download added to my account? Yes please.
I didn't even know they could do it. I have like 10 Sims 2 products in front of me right now. Any advice on what to say to support?

I vote for the one which doesn't automatically make me think "please god no, not another miltary shooter," before I even watch the trailers. That said I was too lazy to actually watch either.

Pay $9.50 (or more):

Rush for Glory (Steam)
giphy.gif

anyone who has any boxed retail copies of Sims 2 might want to harass EA support to have it added to their Origin account because apparently EA is discontinuing support for the old versions, releasing a new ultimate edition and giving it free to anyone who owns any Sims 2 games on Origin, at least according to someone on reddit.
I need to get my hands on a physical copy of of Sims 2 in order to take advantage of that, it seems.

I didn't even know they could do it. I have like 10 Sims 2 products in front of me right now. Any advice on what to say to support?
Okay after waiting close to an hour and then about another 30-40 minutes dealing with an Indian guy who was polite but slow as gulab jamun going up hill who was getting all wrapped up over that fact that I registered those old use games under a different email I haven't used to any significant degree for the better part of a decade I finally got him to add the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition to my Origin account.

I actually bought all the expansions but only had the boxes left for the base, University and Night Life. He tried to add those 3 but the only one he was able to add was University. I guess EA delisted them all but forgot uni? Anyhow he then added the Ultimate edition so now I have it.

You don't really need to give the keys for all the expansions, just the base. And if you registered Sims 2 ages ago under a different email than you use now hopefully you still have access to it. I was worried there for a second but I did manage to get email from that old account.

Okay after waiting close to an hour and then about another 30-40 minutes dealing with an Indian guy who was polite but slow as gulab jamun going up hill who was getting all wrapped up over that fact that I registered those old use games under a different email I haven't used to any significant degree for the better part of a decade I finally got him to add the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition to my Origin account.

I actually bought all the expansions but only had the boxes left for the base, University and Night Life. He tried to add those 3 but the only one he was able to add was University. I guess EA delisted them all but forgot uni? Anyhow he then added the Ultimate edition so now I have it.

You don't really need to give the keys for all the expansions, just the base. And if you registered Sims 2 ages ago under a different email than you use now hopefully you still have access to it. I was worried there for a second but I did manage to get email from that old account.
just thought i'd let you know that your old avatar was way hotter

I guess I was trapped in the chat around the time you were typing this. I kind of had the same issue, made worse by the fact that these are my wife's games, and she can't even remember what she signs up for, under what, etc... and then compounded by the fact that some of these were purchased at a thrift store (we even have Deluxe and Double Deluxe and I'm pretty sure we got Double Deluxe first???).

So, yeah first one I tried he starts asking me questions I can't possibly answer about it so I was like look, I bought some of these at a thrift store and I can't really tell which is which. There was some meaningless chatter, in which he explains he can't do anything and I occasionally type a code but he still seemed caught up on the first one. Then I hunted down the Double Deluxe, which was on a shelf in the laundry room, and told him to try that because I was pretty sure I bought it retail and we never really used it. It worked... at that point I wasn't going to try any more codes or anything because he seemed really hung up after that first one I gave him didn't work.

It didn't occur to me to specifically ask for Ultimate, I was just happy to get it over with. I guess another chat with them is in my future, but please not now! That was not fun... Thanks a lot for all the info though!

I guess I'll give this a shot with EA. I've got a boxed copy of Sims 2 Double Deluxe that I registered at some point in the last ten years. I hope they don't give me any crap about it already being registered. I also hope I can guess the email I used in case they ask me. 

I guess I was trapped in the chat around the time you were typing this. I kind of had the same issue, made worse by the fact that these are my wife's games, and she can't even remember what she signs up for, under what, etc... and then compounded by the fact that some of these were purchased at a thrift store (we even have Deluxe and Double Deluxe and I'm pretty sure we got Double Deluxe first???).

So, yeah first one I tried he starts asking me questions I can't possibly answer about it so I was like look, I bought some of these at a thrift store and I can't really tell which is which. There was some meaningless chatter, in which he explains he can't do anything and I occasionally type a code but he still seemed caught up on the first one. Then I hunted down the Double Deluxe, which was on a shelf in the laundry room, and told him to try that because I was pretty sure I bought it retail and we never really used it. It worked... at that point I wasn't going to try any more codes or anything because he seemed really hung up after that first one I gave him didn't work.

It didn't occur to me to specifically ask for Ultimate, I was just happy to get it over with. I guess another chat with them is in my future, but please not now! That was not fun... Thanks a lot for all the info though!
That's how I felt about the whole thing, what a pain, thought he was going to ask for a pint of blood, relieved it was over etc. I also didn't get a discount coupon like that guy on Reddit said he did. Not like I'd use 15% off of Origin's crappy prices, but still! :p

He wasn't able to add the straight up no frills base Sims 2 to my account so I guess that's when he asked someone and they just had him add the ultimate. According to that email Ultimate doesn't officially come out until July 22nd and they are still in the process of auto converting existing owners over. Yours might just convert on it's own. I'd give it a week and then if you still don't have it by then chat up India again.

Seeing how they routinely give away games on purpose and accident, they might save themselves some customer service hours by just adding it to everyone's account. 

According to that email Ultimate doesn't officially come out until July 22nd and they are still in the process of auto converting existing owners over. Yours might just convert on it's own. I'd give it a week and then if you still don't have it by then chat up India again.
I hope so, otherwise I'm thinking I'll give it about two years before I try that chat again.

At least 5 have been offered by squatch for what I liked to think of as the everyone wins charity raffle. Thinking I should hold off and just donate more.
You guessed right!

Now available from the Indie Royale page as well.

---

Browsing through the SPUF keys thread, I saw this as well:

credit: SPUF user pinkgun

Looks like you'll be able to email with receipt of purchase etc. but why take a chance.
Next person to donate starting right ... NOW gets a key for this.

They mentioned the reason for that being is they're trying to avoid abuse from key resellers.
1-800-For-a-child

If an adult is abusing you, call now!

I would take this one, please. =D
You got it! :O

I've mostly been an AMD user myself as a product of being cheap, but don't really have an issue with either. My last one was a a GTX 460 which was great, but due to size issues in my new case I moved back to a 6570. I've never really had issues with any of my AMD cards and have only ever replaced them due to upgrading. The GTX was great, but had signs of potential issues (green artifacts mainly).

All that said, for a PC where you are looking to spend as little as possible $10 or $20 bucks is worth a gamble and if it doesn't work out you could also use the rebate card to get a Nvidia card. That said, XFX has one of the best warranties in the biz. You should check which one applies to that particular card, but mine has a lifetime warranty so even if it messes up I can get it replaced.
Been using AMD for a few years and been happy. I try to tell myself it's not for the free games...

That avatar went into retirement. The sun told me not to reveal her secrets.
SuNaSuN told you that? I don't believe it!

Ok, going to try some pictures. Haven't had any donations today, just sayin'.

These are open to all:

oIor4DZ.jpg
0URKq7f.jpg
JVc6M2x.jpg

And these are donor only:

Mw5z4rv.jpg
nHXHP4n.jpg
T99mDYY.jpg
w3nrbwB.jpg
jp7tbmi.jpg
mde6LbL.jpg
WiQaOvf.jpg
OtX4T1F.jpg
Nj26GBr.jpg

That donation page is right here. Every cent goes to the Seattle Children's Hospital.

Still have those, they just got left off because I was sorting out the list and messed up:

Magic Meisters
One Day for Ched
Songs of the Myrne
Pester
Int. Snooker

And also these Steam games:

Gun Metal
Civilization III
Pid
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
International Snooker

These games were all donated by MinDRioT, so give him a smile next time you see him!

And one last time before I go to bed:

My Extra Life page is right here. From there, you can donate to Seattle Children's Hospital. Every cent goes to help the children. Thanks to everyone who has donated, those who have given games, and the almost everyone for not complaining about how much I have made the thread grow while not actually discussing Steam deals. Look, a bundle!
Pretty sure I got all the replies from today, and these are all still available! Will maybe post another list soon.

Many thanks!
Enjoy!

If I missed anyone, just let me know. Was gone all day, and I am super tired now, but I will get you!

re: AMD/Nvidia

I know AMD had a reputation for 'bad drivers' or some such like a bajillion years ago, but I've used both companies video cards over the years and they're pretty comparable. Just get whatever has a good price to performance ratio. And maybe some decent free games. :p
For me it's whomever is top dog when I happen to be building a PC.

If you run Linux, Nvidia is the only way to go. ...currently I'm running a Sapphire 7970.

Pretty sure I got all the replies from today, and these are all still available! Will maybe post another list soon.

Enjoy!

If I missed anyone, just let me know. Was gone all day, and I am super tired now, but I will get you!
If it's still available, I'd like Larva Mortus, please. I don't want to be greedy, though, I already got one of your earlier games, so no problem at all if you want to spread the games around. Thanks!

He wasn't able to add the straight up no frills base Sims 2 to my account so I guess that's when he asked someone and they just had him add the ultimate. According to that email Ultimate doesn't officially come out until July 22nd and they are still in the process of auto converting existing owners over. Yours might just convert on it's own. I'd give it a week and then if you still don't have it by then chat up India again.
Mine was pretty pleasant. He added Double Deluxe to my account (only requiring the answer to my password recovery question -- easy enough -- and my old key).

I assume all of these will convert to Ultimate as indicated in the email I didn't get. Pitchforks are at the ready.

Can you do anything about the Buy/Sell screen so that the price of your listing below matches the sell price above?

It drives me nuts that I have to try to figure out which in the list is mine because when it gives me my listing it gives me how much I will get not how much it is selling for. See picture.

cPfr668.jpg

I asked Jshackles about it when that screen went live about maybe getting ES to do something about that but the response was crickets.
Looks like Steam changed this, and they now show both prices. (Removed from my script, so update or you see weird prices)

New Releases Round 2

A Vampyre Story

Saints Row 4: Game of the Century Edition

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

Ground Pounders

Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative

Early Access

Wild Warfare($4.89) 

Looks like Steam changed this, and they now show both prices. (Removed from my script, so update or you see weird prices)
I was wondering about that. And wow Valve actually fixed one of their 'features' so it makes sense.

Me and MIndRiot gave FIFA World a try tonight and it was tons of fun.  It's basically the online components of FIFA 14.  Definitely geared towards trying to get you to buy stuff if you want to upgrade your squad quick and get all the best players, but you earn coins and XP with every match you play and other things so you can build a good squad without all that.  We played two online games against each other with relative ease.  I killed him 2-1 the first time and he lucked out 1-0 the second time.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back