Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
As Motoki so subtly pointed out, the game has cards...but not really and is very nearly complete.
Thanks. I like to keep it cool and play it subtle. That's how I roll.

Yep if you want the DRM-free version only you need to pay $0.25 minumum if I remember correctly.
That game is like 8% done after 3 years. You trust them to post updates to IGS? And that's if they ever finish it.

As Motoki so subtly pointed out, the game has cards...but not really and is very nearly complete.
Oh.. I should venture out of this and the Amazon thread a bit more than I do I suppose - I never even knew CAG had an indiegamestand thread.

I had figured the cards might make up the $1 purchase price to those who wanted to mess with an EA game but if it doesn't even really have cards then it's a far less compelling deal.

And that development cycle.. sheesh...that's just sad.

Oh wow, Fatshark is developing that new Dead Island game? Going to be worse than usual -- Fatshark is a TERRIBLE developer.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa... Spec Derps devs are making Derp Island 2? Comedy gold. Aside from being 2deep4me, Spec Ops was utterly atrocious gameplay-wise.
Krater with zombies?

Day 1 #FakeCAG for that badboy.

:whee:

I appoint Flowette the official CAG representative to go there and tell them their pricing structure sucks.

https://twitter.com/indieroyale/status/484364760038010880

Amazon is selling the red faction collection for $5.99 and they activate on steam. Comes with red faction 1, 2, guerrilla, Armageddon, and Armageddon path to war dlc. Is that a good deal?

Amazon is selling the red faction collection for $5.99 and they activate on steam. Comes with red faction 1, 2, guerrilla, Armageddon, and Armageddon path to war dlc. Is that a good deal?
According to Enhanced Steam the lowest it has even been was $10 on the Humble Store, so if that is accurate then that is the best deal it has ever been.

Also, the collection on Amazon has a great one star review

I would rate it, but i have never played it. was pretty interested in downloading this entire collection at 6 bucks, but i dont even know what the hell kind of game it is. how about putting some sort of game description here you idiots at amazon.

According to Enhanced Steam the lowest it has even been was $10 on the Humble Store, so if that is accurate then that is the best deal it has ever been.

Ok cool I'll bite since I have enjoyed them to a certain degree and $6 seems good.

Looks like those games have been bundled before together. http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/365/ an Indie Gala Weekly. 3 of them were bundled here: http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/65/ Humble Bundle Weekly. And that is after a quick search. Seems like the games have been bundled a lot, but if you are going to play them all soon, then 5.99 isn't bad. Otherwise, you could always wait for another bundle, or wait for them to go on sale again when you will play them.

TL DR; If you are going to play them now, buy them. If not then wait; they have been bundled before and might be bundled again.

Anyone who bought Divinity: Original Sin but has yet to create a profile (or hasn't progressed too far in the game) here is a code for some Glorious RPG Codex perks/inside jokes/stuffs:

2c0fb066-f16a-42b3-bd9c-894ada7bd2ab

Note that I am a duly authorized emissary of the Codex.

I actually have Children of Liberty on my wishlist, so I'll bite at a dollar. I've wasted far more than a dollar on far stupider things in my life, so if it never pans out I won't be upset.

I appoint Flowette the official CAG representative to go there and tell them their pricing structure sucks.

https://twitter.com/indieroyale/status/484364760038010880
I just suggested them that it would be a nice place to discuss about changing their pricing structure.

it been bundle on indie gala u #FakeCAG! go to ur timeout dungeon no girls for u hehe

The Gaben giveth and the Gaben taketh away. Now that the Summer Seal is over and the thread is crawling . . .

Time for another contest.

Write me a Limerick.

It must be in correct format, it must be obscene (as all limericks should) and it must contain at least one game name from your Steam library. Entrants have to be CAG registered at least 3 months and have 20+ posts, only one entry per person. Contest ends in less than 24 hours from the time of this post. I'll pick my favorite submissions, and the winners get a game from my bundle leftovers. Quote this post with your entry.
The Maw stood there open wide
Waiting until you were inside
But then out came a mouth
And sucked you all out
Leaving your Wizorb all dry

I once knew a girl named Sue
Who knew what I liked her to do
She moved with Perfection
Caused and erection
Then left me in a World of Goo

Anyone who bought Divinity: Original Sin but has yet to create a profile (or hasn't progressed too far in the game) here is a code for some Glorious RPG Codex perks/inside jokes/stuffs:

copped, you the moob, mooby

Caution: Google Translate

Paris, 1 st July 2014 - On the occasion of 14 July, French National Day, the distribution platform Steam cloud renews its partnership with the French Association Capital Games which includes companies based in Paris video game. From July 14 to 16, Steam will offer you great deals on twenty games created by studios in the Paris region from witness to the richness of the French videogame creation. Thanks to the support of the Parisian publisher Focus Home Interactive, we are pleased to present a selection of the best video games Ile allowing independent French to be highlighted on the largest platform in the world of digital distribution of video games.
link

short version: these games will be on sale from July 14-16

-50% - How to Survive and its DLC

-75% - Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
-30% - Any franchise Wargame
-40% - Wargame Red Dragon
-40% - Bound By Flame
-33% - Space Run
-66% - Remember Me
-33% - Faery: Legend of Avalon
-75% - ShootMania Storm
-75% - Mar. War Logs
-75% - The Last Express
-25% - Crouching Dragon Hidden Pony
-50% - Gauge
-75% - Storm
-70% - Puddle
-50% - Let's Sing
-75% - Aarklash Legacy
-80% - Cities XL Platinum
-75% - Stellar Impact
-50% - Trackmania ² Valley
-50% - Trackmania ² Canyon
-75% - Trackmania ² Stadium
-90 % - EYE Cybermancy

Caution: Google Translate
Pfft. Should have learned French so you could translate that properly.

tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

I noticed Codex and Larian are riding each other's dicks hard these days. They even thank them on the title screen and in return Codex doesn't completely trash talk their game like they have every other game released in the last 25 years

The Codex (and its Carebear cousin the Watch) basically exist to complain about how any game that isn't one very specific type of game that mostly doesn't get made anymore sucks.

I can see why it appeals to you Mooby.

I noticed Codex and Larian are riding each other's dicks hard these days. They even thank them on the title screen and in return Codex doesn't completely trash talk their game like they have every other game released in the last 25 years
The Codex (and its Carebear cousin the Watch) basically exist to complain about how any game that isn't one very specific type of game that mostly doesn't get made anymore sucks.
I can see why it appeals to you Mooby.
Yeah I've always hated that about the codex. Oh it's not a crpg circa baldur's gate/fallout 1/2/arcanum era? Well screw you then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back