Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. I just spoiler-tagged it.
My custom-spoiler tags seem to be epic-failing tonight - just like me.
My thoughts were more long-winded than I thought it was.

And if you didn't know - I rent and watch A LOT of movies.
If I ain't playing games + ain't on message boards - good chance, I'm watching a movie or something on TV.
Nah, I don't really care either way. Just teasing you because you're good to tease.

I'm kind of struggling to see the target demographic for that Blink Bundle. People who regularly buy and sell cards will have most everything in it and everything in the lower should be $1 but is $2 tier.

The already low card prices will go lower due to the bundle and there will be more sellers competing so I struggle to see if it's worth it even for alts.

Anyone enough of a bundle noob to not have most of those games probably has no flippin clue about cards or will Sweetja it and axe4ha1p from Certified Digital Trading Card instructors who earned their degree from the Sally Struthers correspondence school.

$5 is just too much unless you've got a really killer bundle. Not in the days of $1 Groupees and Gala bundles plus happy hours and dollar days for the higher tiers, which still aren't $5 even before those specials.

So, I just got through watching Under The Skin and that movie was really-really weird.

NO FILM/STORY SPOILERS

Using tags b/c this is in the "Steam" thread.

Hard to really say entirely what I think of it, at the moment. It is quite slow-paced purposely and has definitely "art-house" written all over it.

Just like Only God Forgives - there really is not that much dialogue in Under The Skin; especially when compared to a great majority of modern cinema. Maybe Only God Forgives spoke more to me b/c the imagery was often to me a bit more clear-cut and I wasn't epic failing there on the symbolism, inferences, and whatnot.

With this fiim Under The Skin - I'm not sure if I'm missing something on some that stuff and/or if...there just isn't that much there for me and even actually speaking to me here.

Under The Skin was wonderfully + meticulously lit (or not lit) + shot...

...But for me - I was just not super-fond of its pacing, for a fair amount of it.

If "art house" + slow-paced isn't your cup of tea - stay the hell away from this flick.

If "art house" + slow-paced is your cup of tea - you'll probably wanna see this.

It sounds like I should give it a check. I was hoping for it to not turn out to be a generic action film. If they did some experimental stuff on a sci-fi film with some nice imagery I could see that being interesting, or, at the very least, worth a watch.

YMS did a review on it, but he and I don't always see eye to eye so I wanted an outsider's opinion.

(No spoilers here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dsVPxURimc

I'm kind of struggling to see the target demographic for that Blink Bundle. People who regularly buy and sell cards will have most everything in it and everything in the lower should be $1 but is $2 tier.

The already low card prices will go lower due to the bundle and there will be more sellers competing so I struggle to see if it's worth it even for alts.

Anyone enough of a bundle noob to not have most of those games probably has no flippin clue about cards or will Sweetja it and axe4ha1p from Certified Digital Trading Card instructors who earned their degree from the Sally Struthers correspondence school.

$5 is just too much unless you've got a really killer bundle. Not in the days of $1 Groupees and Gala bundles plus happy hours and dollar days for the higher tiers, which still aren't $5 even before those specials.
Struggle no more: If you have Fate you can give it to me and I'll give you all the crappy cards I have sitting in my inventory.

Struggle no more: If you have Fate you can give it to me and I'll give you all the crappy cards I have sitting in my inventory.
You really want that game don't you?

You know it's basically supposed to be Torchlight but not as good, right?

Also, y u no bai when 49 rubles in April?

Oh no they didn't

fHYsr2D.png

You really want that game don't you?

Also, y u no bai when 49 rubles in April?
Its Torchlight 2005

I still want it..i played it back in 2005 and loved it

It sounds like I should give it a check. I was hoping for it to not turn out to be a generic action film. If they did some experimental stuff on a sci-fi film with some nice imagery I could see that being interesting, or, at the very least, worth a watch.

YMS did a review on it, but he and I don't always see eye to eye so I wanted an outsider's opinion.

(No spoilers here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dsVPxURimc
Under The Skin is FAR from an action sci-fi flick.

Since, this will get long-winded and I'm in the Stream thread, not a movie thread...

NO SPOILERS - just tagged w/ them b/c I'm long-winded...

This is NOT Species. If Species ever went the "art-house" direction; more emphasis on lighting and slick visuals; was a bit more slow-placed; had less dialogue; and a crazy twist - you'd have Under The Skin.

I think Under The Skin's pacing...kinda sucks. It can be repetitive, at times. Things can feel like they just linger on way too long. While I understand the (obvious) points the flick's trying to make - I'm not sure if there's also other symbolism and stuff that might be there eluding me - and that's why it's so slow-paced. I could be wrong - and I caught most of it or all of it. I don't know.

At 1 hr 50 minutes - this just feels too long. Cut-down a bit (to say 1 hr 30 mins or so), this just could be a much-much better film.

Enemy - another slow-paced flick - had a lot of plot, intrigue, questions, dialogue, and other interesting things going on to really engage the viewer in its crazy world, story, and ambiguous-ness. Enemy was the right length (1 hr 30 mins) for that kind of movie, as well.

I bought two Blink bundles... and they were really solid. $5 each, no regrets. But lately? Just like all the smaller bundlers (like Flying Bundle), they're dropping off in quality and keeping their pricing structure the same. As a company they're not bringing in the better games like before, but they haven't sat down and changed their pricing structure like they should.

I recall having more fun with FATE than I ever did with Torchlight... I believe it had a story and quests as well, as opposed to "OPEN PORTAL KILL MONSTERS KILL BOSS GO TO TOWN OPEN PORTAL KILL MONSTERS KILL BOSS GO TO TOWN"...

I recall having more fun with FATE than I ever did with Torchlight... I believe it had a story and quests as well, as opposed to "OPEN PORTAL KILL MONSTERS KILL BOSS GO TO TOWN OPEN PORTAL KILL MONSTERS KILL BOSS GO TO TOWN"...
So you're saying Mooby will like it?

Didn't think so.

Hmm apparently OOTP 14 was the one I paid $15 for over Christmas and played once, made a good choice there  :razz:. Though at least I have an excuse, being I didn't expect it to be in a bundle and I thought I'd play it hell of a lot more then I have (so far), still better then buying Circuits at 50% off...

What is Enhanced Steam? I've heard that a few times in this thread, but I don't know how to get it.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php

It's a plugin. Install it (there are Firefox and Chrome versions), log into Steam using the browser, and you'll have lots of additional features. Once it's installed, you can click on your Badges page and the plugin will show what games still have card drops.

What happens nowadays when you have 252 keys and claim 5 more?
They no longer roll over to zero, I can personally confirm that.

Supposedly they get recorded in a queue of sorts... once you spend down enough the queued keys will refill your available number.

Oh no they didn't

fHYsr2D.png
It feels like it's missing something...

...I know! Horse Armor!

What is Enhanced Steam? I've heard that a few times in this thread, but I don't know how to get it.
Oh given that I've personally linked it a few times in the last few days, I'm marking you down as daft.

Yup, on your permanent record.

You can take a correspondence course? How many easy payments is it? Is shipping and handling included? How long should it take me to get my certification?

My only advice on cards:

Don't bother selling cards that are going below 10 cents or less. Its better to save them and craft during Steam sales and then sell the special steam sale cards you get. I wish I had known that.
why didn't you read my posts pre summer sale?

wait till the next major sale holiday winter sale and badge all your games with cheap cards and sell all the expensive cards off. then sell all your winter cards the first week. and then if you want to craft a winter badge buy the cards on the last day when everyone is unloading them before they vanish.

also for newbs only

have gun monkeys

want south park stick of truth

TheRainCoat said:
It caps at 255. You no longer reset to 0
asheskitty said:
They no longer roll over to zero, I can personally confirm that.
Ah, that would explain why I only had 254 after activating a couple of 10-key codes. I'm sure that I had more than 234 before that, and didn't remember about that old bug until after I'd redeemed the codes.

asheskitty said:
Supposedly they get recorded in a queue of sorts... once you spend down enough the queued keys will refill your available number.
Will be interesting to see if this is really the case... I'm sure I have at least 10 keys over the limit from one of the codes that I redeemed last night. They definitely weren't added after I used a few keys (brought myself down to 250.)

why didn't you read my posts pre summer sale?

wait till the next major sale holiday winter sale and badge all your games with cheap cards and sell all the expensive cards off. then sell all your winter cards the first week. and then if you want to craft a winter badge buy the cards on the last day when everyone is unloading them before they vanish.

also for newbs only

have gun monkeys

want south park stick of truth
pm'ed! It's alright if I only have a four pack right? I don't know how to split it up so I guess you can just have the whole thing.

Noob question. What's the benefit of having alt accounts? Noticed people mentioning it recently.
From one noob to another: It seems you can idle cards (from bundle repeats, etc.) and then trade with yourself. Get extra cards during steam sales. I'm sure I'm missing other advantages.

FATE is supposedly a generic Torchlight.
Honestly they might as well be the same game, except FATE is developed by a casual game dev (WildTangent) and has a more kid oriented design (simplified in a few areas and the overall tone is lighter). If you put them up against each other though I doubt I could tell them apart very well, and with how many other ARPGs are out there you really don't need to bother unless you've somehow played them all to death (which judging by your D3 addiction, you haven't).

http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php

It's a plugin. Install it (there are Firefox and Chrome versions), log into Steam using the browser, and you'll have lots of additional features. Once it's installed, you can click on your Badges page and the plugin will show what games still have card drops.
Thanks. Is it better than using the regular Steam page from opening Steam directly?

Oh given that I've personally linked it a few times in the last few days, I'm marking you down as daft.

Yup, on your permanent record.
Oh no, what will I do now, now that asheskitty has me down as daft? How will I live with myself...

Honestly they might as well be the same game, except FATE is developed by a casual game dev (WildTangent) and has a more kid oriented design (simplified in a few areas and the overall tone is lighter). If you put them up against each other though I doubt I could tell them apart very well, and with how many other ARPGs are out there you really don't need to bother unless you've somehow played them all to death (which judging by your D3 addiction, you haven't).
FATE was developed by one of the Torchlight devs (he worked for WildTangent back then).. some of the old WildTangent dev team are apart of Runic now.

That's why they're so similar.

I like FATE a bit. I bought it at Target. It had the first two expansions with it. Total of $10, I believe. I play it for some mindless fun every now and then.

Noob question. What's the benefit of having alt accounts? Noticed people mentioning it recently.

if you buy bundles regulary, you get lots of extra codes that are a PITA to trade. so I just put them on the alt account for the cards.
And if you level up the alt enough then you can participate in the holiday and summer sale votes to get cards and sell those too.

And you can hopefully be on different teams and still not win any games anyways.  Plus more chances for boosters.  Limited circumvention of the stupid 200 item SSN rule.

I haven't gotten around to a set of fake social network ids yet.
Funny. I haven't gotten around to making real ones.

I don't have a Diablo problem. I appreciate the concern though.

...whadiyamean it's July?!?

Oh no, what will I do now, now that asheskitty has me down as daft? How will I live with myself...
76494068d493e8c6b87cea19e98b9cd0.340x280x1.jpg

Open for all:

oIor4DZ.jpg
JVc6M2x.jpg
Mw5z4rv.jpg
Rz8SZBI.jpg
TPSihlo.jpg
cdlMBOk.jpg

7HtjVFk.jpg
dKlVQGO.jpg
EoMYlVJ.jpg

Auction still going for this one:

mmJ0fUA.jpg

Bidding is at two bucks. Bids in 50 cent increments.
X5sW1Aq.jpg

Available for Desura:

One Day for Ched
Pester
Int. Snooker
Dark Scavenger
Rhythm Destruction
Children of Liberty

And finally, a new donor only list of games:
Stacking
Paranautical Activity
One Finger Death Punch
Galactic Arms Race
Rock of Ages
Gearcrack Arena
To the Moon

Rush

Bardbarian

Toki Tori 2+

A New Reckoning

Lume

Curious where to donate to get on the donor list? Right over here at my Extra Life page! All proceeds go to Seattle Children's Hospital!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back