Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nordic is kind if a PITA about not giving Steam keys when you buy outside of Steam. I think only Green man outside of Steam sells the Steam versions for most of their games.

Edited to add: If you check for the posts over at Reddit Game Deals by Chainchomp he is the Gamefly rep and he always posts in the comments whether a game they sell activates on Steam or not along with the list of what's on sale.
Great information. Checked Reddit and he has detailed which games activate on Steam. Unfortunately, the games I'm after do not.

Are there any "required" mods for playing FO: New vegas? I finished Goodsprings and keep advancing, but graphic glitches are everywhere. It is playable, but if there is any way to improve the game (without having to restart it) it would be good.

I'm guessing they ran out of keys? I voted but missed out. Stupid work.
I got a key and didn't vote, so you can have mine if you still need one.

Are there any "required" mods for playing FO: New vegas? I finished Goodsprings and keep advancing, but graphic glitches are everywhere. It is playable, but if there is any way to improve the game (without having to restart it) it would be good.
It has been a while so I don't remember all the mods I used while playing, but you might find some interesting stuff in the top 100 mods on the New Vegas Nexus.

Incidentally, this is awfully polite and well-mannered which is a nice change of pace.

*pours tea*

Biscuit?
They're fucking cookies, you son of a bitch!

Hmm, thread seems slow (or maybe it's just cause of the weekend), sooo, thoughts on a 32 year old man dating a 47 year old woman, and go....

asking for a friend of course. :^o
I'm pretty sure Ashes still isn't interested in you, dude.

This, and this or this.

I'd also throw SweetFX on it. ENBs are cool but not worth the performance hit imo.

Have fun.

I don't know if she has money, and I don't care. Not a deciding factor. She's super cute. One of those woman that can be cute/sexy/sultry at the flip of a switch. Not completely aware of just how drop dead gorgeous she is. If I had to come up with an example, I'd say similar to how Alison Brie (Community, Mad Men) can be super cute one minute, and with just a look go into an inviting/alluring mode. She's very open, funny, and intelligent. Very fun to be around. Positive, confident, and upbeat. Not to mention beautiful.

He would be dating her because he's always been attracted to older, mature women. They carry themselves differently. Have their priorities in check. He actually wants a real relationship, with an intelligent, thoughtful partner. That's something he usually only sees in an older woman, not some bubble headed blonde that would rather text her friends half the date than talk to you.

I would be very interested to see (given how many people are saying that they have had a similar age-gap relationship) exactly why and how their relationships ended.
"Friend", huh?

It has been a while so I don't remember all the mods I used while playing, but you might find some interesting stuff in the top 100 mods on the New Vegas Nexus.

First off, as Xealot was saying - join ModNexus, if you haven't already.

Join their Free Club, at least.

Need that so you can get Nexus Mod Manager, anyways.

After that - I'd recommend you install:

1. Nexus Mod Manager - so you very easily manage your mods (for installing, uninstalling, enabling, disabling) for whatever games it supports (FO3, FO:NV, Skyrim, Dark Souls, DAO, DA2, etc).

2. Get some UI Mods for your game - since you're talking Bethesda's games, Bethesda's UI sucks compared to what most PC modders are doing since Bethesda's UI's are so "consolized".

3. Pick whatever mods you want from there.

@WalkOnShadows - relationship stuff

The way you describe her tells me that you want to date her. It also sounds like you might be a bit hung up on the age thing yourself since you're even asking about it. As long as you're both ok with the age difference, it really doesn't matter what others think.

I've dated 2 girls nearly 10 years younger than me & that didn't work (they didn't know what they wanted and weren't ready for serious committed relationships yet), I've also dated someone @10 years older - and we've been together happily for more than 10 years now.

As long as you're both in the same place mentally in regards to the relationship the age-range doesn't matter. All relationships have a chance to fail, but if you're scared of a relationship failing you can't give it the chance to succeed.

I don't start those threads I just contribute sometimes. If you start a thread on a community forum you get notifications every time someone makes any comment from now til the end of time and I have found a way to turn that off if you are the OP. I know you can if you reply but aren't the thread starter.
There's a big "Unsubscribe from discussion" button in the top right of each thread (under the date/post count.)

spJ9S9p.gif

This, and this or this.

I'd also throw SweetFX on it. ENBs are cool but not worth the performance hit imo.

Have fun.

First off, as Xealot was saying - join ModNexus, if you haven't already.

Join their Free Club, at least.

Need that so you can get Nexus Mod Manager, anyways.

After that - I'd recommend you install:

1. Nexus Mod Manager - so you very easily manage your mods (for installing, uninstalling, enabling, disabling) for whatever games it supports (FO3, FO:NV, Skyrim, Dark Souls, DAO, DA2, etc).

2. Get some UI Mods for your game - since you're talking Bethesda's games, Bethesda's UI sucks compared to what most PC modders are doing since Bethesda's UI's are so "consolized".

3. Pick whatever mods you want from there.
Thanks! Last bethesda game I played was Fallout 3 (retail) and I didn't mod it back then

Hmm, thread seems slow (or maybe it's just cause of the weekend), sooo, thoughts on a 32 year old man dating a 47 year old woman, and go....

The "rule" is half plus seven. 47 / 2 + 7 = 31. She could date as young as 31 without it being weird or creepy. Congratulations, the age difference is officially* within acceptable boundaries!

* I'm no officiant, but this is what I've always heard, and it sounds good to me. I dated a 22 year-old at 19 and was told this.

Damn, I getting boosters like crazy finally, think it's the third in a month or so now (Super Meat Boy this time). 

Is Bridge Project or Wildlife Park 3 any good? The only two I'm really interested in from that Humble Flash one (Have ETS2 so don't see the point of ETS1 other then +1 and have Train Sim 14 so same with Trainz 12). Haven't played a zoo game since the original Zoo Tycoon which I liked, and always like bridge builders for at least an hour or so.

The "rule" is half plus seven. 47 / 2 + 7 = 31. She could date as young as 31 without it being weird or creepy. Congratulations, the age difference is officially* within acceptable boundaries!

* I'm no officiant, but this is what I've always heard, and it sounds good to me. I dated a 22 year-old at 19 and was told this.
Can confirm as creepiness limit

Tell your friend to do what he or she wants to do and if someone has a problem with it he or she should tell them to fuck off.

Open for all:

• Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Gearcrack Arena
  • Lume
  • Earth 2160
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Woodle Tree
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Humanity Asset
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Eschalon Book II
  • Amazing Zombie Defense (Yet Another Zombie Defense)
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Bionic Dues
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack
  • Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2
  • Driftmoon
  • Race Injection
  • Thief Gold

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester

• Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker

New donor only list:

• Jolly Rover
  • Level 22
  • Little Racers STREET
  • Metal Drift
  • Millennium: A New Hope
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Skyborn
  • SkyDrift
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • Shelter
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Sonic Adventure DX

That link, for those on mobile or with sigs off or WHATEVER, is right here. Every cent goes to Seattle Children's!

New Releases update

Freedom Planet ($14.99)

Shadow Blade: Reload ($9.99) (early access)

My Ex Boyfriend the Space Tyrant ($12.74)

Open for all:

• Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Gearcrack Arena
  • Lume
  • Earth 2160
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Woodle Tree
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Humanity Asset
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Eschalon Book II
  • Amazing Zombie Defense (Yet Another Zombie Defense)
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Bionic Dues
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack
  • Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2
  • Driftmoon
  • Race Injection
  • Thief Gold

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester

• Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
i'll take Gearcrack Arena, hehe. Crack

It's worked fine for me in the few threads that I've unsubscribed from.
And you were the one who actually started the thread? If so maybe they changed something because it definitely did not work for me a while back as the creator of a Steam community forum thread. The notifications were driving me crazy and the couldn't be shut off but if the creator of a thread deletes the first post the whole thread goes and I don't like doing that because it looks like someone's been censoring.

Damn, I getting boosters like crazy finally, think it's the third in a month or so now (Super Meat Boy this time).
I just got one recently and it was friggin Gun Monkeys. I swear I never get any good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back