Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
New donor only list:

• Subject 9
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
  • Syberia II
  • The 39 Steps
  • The Maw
  • Angvik
  • BlackSoul: Extended Edition
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Trauma
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe
  • Nightsky
  • Legendary
The place to donate is right over here at my Extra Life page. Support Seattle Children's and show that gamers care about kids even as we seek out Skyrim mods that let us finally murder those annoying children!
Could I get Nightsky?

While I'm at it, since no one seems to want Dark Scavenger on Desura, I would like a copy.

Thanks!

Interested in one of the games in the upper tiers of the Squeenix Humble Bundle but don't want to pay the full tier price?? Now's your chance to (maybe) get it on the cheap!! The turnout for Round 1 was so good, I pitched in the difference for another full bundle, all of the purchase going straight to Make-A-Wish!! Everything is up for grabs this time, including the Hitman games and Lara Croft!

Check it out here.
Get your last minute bids in! 1d10 has already told me when it's going to end, so don't hesitate if there's something you want. Good luck homies.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet..

Trine 1 is now the "enchanted edition". A patch just went live for it. There's been a beta for it since June, but now the official version is out.

It's been ported over to the Trine 2 engine, and includes online co-op.
What happened to the achievements? I mean, supposedly you can play the original and the new version. Are the achievements for each game shared or are there separate versions?

I'd check myself but Steam is dead at the moment.

What happened to the achievements? I mean, supposedly you can play the original and the new version. Are the achievements for each game shared or are there separate versions?

I'd check myself but Steam is dead at the moment.
It's only one library entry, so I assume the achievements have carried over into the new one (it says I have 1/33 even though I haven't started up the new version yet).

y u lie? It's $4.79, for god knows what reason.
Must have glitched.

EDIT: no, you're just blind.

3fugsSk.png

EDIT 2: nevermind, what I'm seeing is a loyalty coupon for owning two of the other VCD games.

Must have glitched.

EDIT: no, you're just blind.

3fugsSk.png

EDIT 2: nevermind, what I'm seeing is a loyalty coupon for owning two of the other VCD games.
yup mnsl ol i see there true cag has all the previous hehe what bout dead island franchise pack yo

Not really the Steam topic of discussion, but how and where can I report false negative feedback? Feel free to PM me the details. Never did a trade with the individual and his feedback is projection of himself.

EDIT: Spoder helping!

Think I might cave and buy Derp Island Hipstertide for $5.  They might throw it into another Deep Silver Humble Redux or whatever but I figure at the very least it'll stop me from habitually playing State of Decay.

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Lume
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Humanity Asset
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • Papo & Yo
  • Redshirt
  • Face Noir
  • Soulbringer
  • Wizardy 6 + 7
  • Darkness II
  • Influx
  • Mata Hari
  • Revenge of the Titans
  • Fortix 2
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • GEARCRACK Arena
  • Gun Metal

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester

• Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
May I please have Mata Hari?

Think I might cave and buy Derp Island Hipstertide for $5. They might throw it into another Deep Silver Humble Redux or whatever but I figure at the very least it'll stop me from habitually playing State of Decay.

I really don't know if rip tide is the game to pull you away from that

I played Derp Island all the way through despite it getting repetitive around hour ten or so. The content is boring but the combat is fun enough. At worst it's more of the same, right?
Riptide is supposedly very inferior to the original. Crap maps, or something. I imagine everything else is the same.

I need a ten paragraph review to be sure.
You know that feeling you get when you slap your phallus against the supple skin of an 18-year-old hispanic girl's luscious, plump lips before she works it like the inside is made of candy?

Well, Riptide is like getting a BJ from Jaws.

Jaws_Bond_h1.jpg

Think I might cave and buy Derp Island Hipstertide for $5. They might throw it into another Deep Silver Humble Redux or whatever but I figure at the very least it'll stop me from habitually playing State of Decay.
I see you've been zombified by fox

Lets talk about real games now, guys. 

New Releases

Gods Will Be Watching- $9.99

Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh- Daon- $10.19

Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness- $4.99

Super Trench Attack!- $4.99

Early Access

Son of Nor- $17.99

Darkwood- $13.49

Afterfall Reconquest Episode 1- $6.29

<Skyrim totals>

After 141 hours of playing Skyrim (base-game) on and off for hours and hours - chipping away at this behemoth w/ its ridiculous amount of quests, places to explores, things to do, etc - since owning it (12-24-2011)...

...The Main Quest has finally been completed.

:D
With a total of now 157 hours invested in Skyrim: Legendary lifetime here on play-through #1...

...around 16 hours of those were with Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC.

Dawnguard DLC is in the books as completed.

Bethesda's DLC's + expansions often really do seem to be less sandbox-y, more focused, better storytelling, and (often) more linear w/ some side-questing - i.e. Morrowind's Tribunal expansion + Oblivion's Knights of the Nine DLC, for starters. With their DLC's and expansions, there often seems to be a much better and actually excellent focus on NPC's plot, story, and actually storytelling. Dawnguard is a perfect example of that.

Sure, the dialogue in Dawnguard isn't usually as great as what you have w/ an Obsidian or BioWare game - but it's still good; especially true for what normally comes from Bethesda.

While Dawnguard has a bunch of new areas - a lot of them are big, huge vast open-spaced areas + huge dungeon-like areas loaded with combat - the focus on a really great plot that is both very personal + often epic in scope. And this DLC also introduces one - if not, actually - the best NPC + companion in Skyrim (that I've seen so far). To add to that - there's a new class (Vampire Lord) that you can take on and do some awesome vampire-like things.

Excellent DLC.

Lets talk about real games now, guys.

New Releases

Gods Will Be Watching- $9.99

Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh- Daon- $10.19

Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness- $4.99

Super Trench Attack!- $4.99

Early Access

Son of Nor- $17.99

Darkwood- $13.49

Afterfall Reconquest Episode 1- $6.29
Have you heard anything about Darkwood?

Tempted by ace combat since I love flying games.
They tried to make Ace Combat like Call of Duty. I remembered being really disappointed when I got this on PS3 as a pre-order. But its totally worth $5 if you like arcade fighter jet combat.
I played about 75% of it on my Xbox360 before getting distracted by something else. It was pretty fun. Always meant to go back to it, but haven't started the xbox in forever. I agree with Keanu - it's worth $5 if you like arcade-y fighters.

I played Derp Island all the way through despite it getting repetitive around hour ten or so. The content is boring but the combat is fun enough. At worst it's more of the same, right?
Having played both, I'd say more of the same is about right. But, not necessarily in a good way. It's way too much of the same. I think if they gave the existing survivors new skill trees it would have helped a good bit, but upon loading up one of my late level 30-close to level 40 saves it was like I never stopped playing the first game. I still had fun in it, just not as much as in the first game. It probably would have felt fresher if I played as the new guy my first time through Riptide.

Well it's not like it hasn't been done before but I'll give you what should be obvious and a standard for these sorts of giveaways really isn't.

I just thought I'd share that after 500 hours, I finally have all of my Borderlands 2 classes at level 72.  I am so not the model of efficiency.

Favorite Class: Siren

Very Close Runners-up: Psycho, Mechromancer

I'll probably continue playing with the three above.  Still have legendaries to loot and all.

Sal and Axton are OK, but lack some flair that I find in the others.  I like both of their action skills enough, but neither really interest me enough to keep outfitting them with better gear.  I might revisit the Gunzerker if I nab some specific gear for him during my looting.

Zer0 is such a disappointment for me.  I had so much fun with him in normal, but knew in TVHM that he'd likely fall out of favor.  IMO, in UVHM, he is the most gear/build dependent.  I tried switching between the original melee build I started him with to a sniping build to a pistol build and ultimately back to a melee build.  BL2 is such a chaotic game that sniping just doesn't seem to flow with all the commotion, especially solo.  Sal is arguably better with pistols.  And while Zer0 is a capable melee fighter, you end up with a either a gimped melee build to handle ranged fights or a satisfactory melee build that leaves ranged fighting feeling totally inept.  

Also, I spent 12 straight hours yesterday farming a Redundant Fibber of the shock variety for my LBT/OC Gaige.  My eyes are so sore today, but it was totally worth it.

That is all.

Interesting, I would have guessed that LBT would hit diminishing returns in UVHM. I'm a few bars from 72 in a BFF/OC build.
I think we can all agree that Anarchy + Close Enough is where it's at with Gaige. Choosing between DT and blue sparkles at UVHM levels is more personal preference I think. I like the blue sparkles. I'm sure I'm getting some additional damage from all the DOTs, but it's pretty insignificant. Like maybe keeping enemy health regen slightly suppressed insignificant.

I think we can all agree that Anarchy + Close Enough is where it's at with Gaige. Choosing between DT and blue sparkles at UVHM levels is more personal preference I think. I like the blue sparkles. I'm sure I'm getting some additional damage from all the DOTs, but it's pretty insignificant. Like maybe keeping enemy health regen slightly suppressed insignificant.
Yep! Honestly I can't imagine a Gaige Build without Anarchy + Close Enough. Aah cool. I've been thinking of mixing it up again.

I really like BFF for soloing, but even in parties he's a great, hey, look, another target. He's second winded for me too many times to count. But I suppose more than all of that, I love going on a rampage as soon as I summon DT until I run out of kills to keep him summoned.

I have only rarely noticed enemy health regen in UVHM, though I tend to stay on one or two targets until they are dead (I also get very up close an personal a lot to counter my I can't hit anything.

Yep! Honestly I can't imagine a Gaige Build without Anarchy + Close Enough. Aah cool. I've been thinking of mixing it up again.

I really like BFF for soloing, but even in parties he's a great, hey, look, another target. He's second winded for me too many times to count. But I suppose more than all of that, I love going on a rampage as soon as I summon DT until I run out of kills to keep him summoned.

I have only rarely noticed enemy health regen in UVHM, though I tend to stay on one or two targets until they are dead (I also get very up close an personal a lot to counter my I can't hit anything.
Enemy health regen isn't significant, but it has kept me from getting a second on several occasions. I ran with a DT build for a little while as I enjoy toying with the synergies of the skills and whatnot. Ultimately, I still found myself only using it as a distraction and felt it did a good enough job for me at that with no points invested, so back to LBT I went. Personal preference. I'm currently running this build with the hopes of finally getting a Black Hole shield. Except that Foreman Rusty is being a stingy dick. I have to be upwards of 200 kills and no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back