Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
More review plagiarism, this time it showed up right below the real one-
Speaking of which, you linked to this user's stolen review for Bioshock Infinite awhile back, but if you click through to their profile they have 15 or so other ones, all of which have been taken from various sites. I reported them all for plagiarism a few weeks ago and nothing seems to have happened, but if anyone has some free time and wants to do the same it might help in getting them removed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kendrickforever/recommended/

More review plagiarism, this time it showed up right below the real one-

Pv0tAhS.jpg
I actually thought the latter one really captured the essence of Velocity Ultra or VU (as we call it in the biz).

Why would anyone bother plagiarizing Steam reviews?  Is there some kind of super reward for having a high ranked one?

Why would anyone bother plagiarizing Steam reviews? Is there some kind of super reward for having a high ranked one?
"Hey small indie developer/publisher. Look at my Steam reviews. I have done many which are marked as helpful and as you can see I am a very positive person (wink wink). Please give me a code to review your game."

Why would anyone bother plagiarizing Steam reviews? Is there some kind of super reward for having a high ranked one?
I think it's just that a lot of people are just really, really sad.

anotherskateboard.gif

Maybe having that +1 review count makes them feel "whole" for about 5 minutes. But they're also really lazy and don't want to put the effort in to get it legitimately. Maybe that's systemic of the rise of the instant gratification culture in today's society. Or maybe I'm just in a shitty mood today.

As madjoki said, the full season is Steam. They're giving away 2,500 every Tuesday in August to Prime members. They're also giving out iOS codes for Episode 1 only to anyone.
Cool. Interesting that some places can't sell the Steam version, but they get to give it out. Wonder how much people will be trying to resell it for...

For those who are terrified of venturing outside of the regular PC threads, the new free Origin On The House game is Wing Commander 3. It's like a more violent version of the musical Cats. There's slightly less singing and a bit more outer space.
Cool. I bought 4 through GOG some time ago and I've been waiting for a super-cheap sale on 3. Free is even better.

Cool. Interesting that some places can't sell the Steam version, but they get to give it out. Wonder how much people will be trying to resell it for...
Uh. . . yeah, speaking of, if anybody's a Prime member and already has Season 2, I'd take it off your hands for $1. :D/ :fridge:

Oh, and this should answer your question:

WBnS0kr.png

Cool. I bought 4 through GOG some time ago and I've been waiting for a super-cheap sale on 3. Free is even better.
Gotta love Wing Commander. Haven't played much but what little I did...Good God those production values were second-to-none in the early-mid 90s. Plus the flight model was good too.

I think it's just that a lot of people are just really, really sad.

anotherskateboard.gif
Maybe having that +1 review count makes them feel "whole" for about 5 minutes. But they're also really lazy and don't want to put the effort in to get it legitimately. Maybe that's systemic of the rise of the instant gratification culture in today's society. Or maybe I'm just in a shitty mood today.

I see what you did there...

I'm pretty sure it was posted. But who cares?
I scroll through the topic fairly rapidly when I've been away for a while. I've seen some freakouts about reposts, I try to tread lightly.

Bound someone will miss it, like myself. Good to repost 24 hour only offers. Even if it is a not so great Meridian4 title.

Why the hell do you guys still have Prime? Is there actually anything good given away, besides this month obviously? And are you guys actually paying for it? Really?

If Madjoki has it he's got to be working some angle somehow, like a loophole that makes you a Bitcoin kajillionaire if you launder fake money through 18 different sites or something.

Why the hell do you guys still have Prime? Is there actually anything good given away, besides this month obviously? And are you guys actually paying for it? Really?

If Madjoki has it he's got to be working some angle somehow, like a loophole that makes you a Bitcoin kajillionaire if you launder fake money through 18 different sites or something.
There was a glitch that caused you to keep your IGN subscription permanently for free.

IGN are dumbasses and never cancelled the subs for the accounts.

I'll have to check mine again but I seem to remember it not staying active for me. I knew though if him and you and Drabes were involved there was some scam. :p

I'll have to check mine again but I seem to remember it not staying active for me. I knew though if him and you and Drabes were involved there was some scam. :p
I don't have Prime, so I'm not involved. I have no idea what triggered the glitch for madjoki and Drabe. I think Drabe said you might have had to pay for Prime at one time to be affected.

I have an email from Amarisse Sullivan dated November 2012 telling me not to give up on IGN Prime because she was thhhiiiiissssss close to working out a deal with another digital vendor to replace the GamersGate deal.

I think instead I got a DRM free copy of Potatoman Seeks the Troof that month.  Woo-hoo.

Anyone know how long the codes lasted for TWD Season Two today? I'm considering $7 for an IGN Prime Membership solely for the game, so I sure as hell don't want to join and not have a reasonable shot at getting a code next Tuesday.

Man, I have been so busy the past week that I haven't been able to keep up with the forums, and totally forgot a new humble bundle came out today.  Luckily it wasn't what I'm into so I didn't miss much. Whew  :whee:

Wow. February 2015 is going to BUSY.  Evolve, The Witcher 3, Dying Light, Arkham Knight (?), and Battlefield Hardline (?). Not to mention console peasant stuff Bloodborne and The Order 1886. ;)

A few years ago, they were giving away free trial memberships where you could get a copy of Orcs Must Die for the FGOTM. I signed up for it and got the game. I forgot that I only had a 7 day trial as opposed to the previous month that I signed up for with a different e-mail address, and I was surprised when I checked my Paypal account on the 8th day to find that I had been billed. I immediately disputed the transaction and received a refund from Paypal and a notice from IGN that my subscription would be canceled. It never was. Now, I get free games every month.

[customspoiler=tldr]
pie-rat.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Wow. February 2015 is going to BUSY. Evolve, The Witcher 3, Dying Light, Arkham Knight (?), and Battlefield Hardline (?). Not to mention console peasant stuff Bloodborne and The Order 1886. ;)
#FakeCAG

Suppose those take 16 months to get good and cheap... June 2016 will be a busy month! ...for card idling.

Wow. February 2015 is going to BUSY. Evolve, The Witcher 3, Dying Light, Arkham Knight (?), and Battlefield Hardline (?). Not to mention console peasant stuff Bloodborne and The Order 1886. ;)
B/c that month and Q1 looks so crowded - with some time-sinks of games, too - how much do you wanna guess some of these will delay just to get out of some of these game's way?

My guess - if Dying Light is smart, it'd get the hell out of Witcher 3 + Arkham's way...

I've never been able to get into any halo game. I've played 2 + 3 since most of my friends are dirty peasants and they both seemed average at best. I'm not sure if it's because I mainly play shooters on the PC but I could never understand the fascination with them.
I wasn't fond of Halo 1 PC. While 1st half was great, 2nd half sucked (loaded w/ copy + paste areas, backtracking, and didn't have the variety the 1st half had going on).

Don't have Halo 2 on PC.

Any other Halo games - I'd just like to see them get PC ports, basically.

EDIT:

Just had breakfast with some friends from Capcom and they're saying a remaster of the original Resident Evil is coming to PC download next year.
Sweet! :D

Id wait on hardline anyway to see what the community is like. I play bf4 usually 3-4 times a week at least with friends, and basically the whole group has taken a very long wait and see approach on hardline after the beta. For bf4 most of them pre-ordered right away (yea they aint no cags) but none for hardline

Until they implement a toggle to make your character run, or just speed them up in general, this game will not be receiving my Steambux.

Does look good, though.
No kidding... It's like the game is in slow motion.

Looks alright. I've got a dozen games like that though... I'll wait for the Gala.

Speaking of which, you linked to this user's stolen review for Bioshock Infinite awhile back, but if you click through to their profile they have 15 or so other ones, all of which have been taken from various sites. I reported them all for plagiarism a few weeks ago and nothing seems to have happened, but if anyone has some free time and wants to do the same it might help in getting them removed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kendrickforever/recommended/
People read Steam reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back