Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mdwsdjvj9r1r54r20.jpg

Is there a way to go back and check what your 1000th game was? I am now apparently at 1132.
Nope.

Unless you want to count backwards off your account history page.

And with the way F2P games shift around in how they affect your game count, you might have multiple 1000th games.

Sorry to ask this here, could someone tell me where can I get (buy) AMD Never Settle Codes (I missed the recent glitch on Newegg :cry: ) I got hyped seeing Alien videos and cant find a good deal, so AMD Gold it is...

Store is down due to heavy traffic... or was for a bit anyway... came here curious if they were giving away a free game or something like last time the store was down.

Sorry to ask this here, could someone tell me where can I get (buy) AMD Never Settle Codes (I missed the recent glitch on Newegg :cry: ) I got hyped seeing Alien videos and cant find a good deal, so AMD Gold it is...
The codes from Newegg expired on the 8th, if I'm not mistaken. There will undoubtedly be plenty of Isolation codes floating about come release, so that's likely your best bet for a "cheap" copy.

Nope.

Unless you want to count backwards off your account history page.

And with the way F2P games shift around in how they affect your game count, you might have multiple 1000th games.
Depending on the F2P stuff.

Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising was the 1000th game. At least it wasn't something stupid.

Daily Deal
Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24

Weekend Deals
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $19.99 $4.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $19.99 $4.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - $39.99 $13.59

Capcom Publisher Weekend
Remember Me - $29.99 $5.99
Age of Booty™ - $4.99 $0.99
Lost Planet™: Extreme Condition - $14.99 $2.99
Flock! - $4.99 $0.99
Bionic Commando - $9.99 $1.99
Dark Void™ - $9.99 $1.99
Bionic Commando: Rearmed - $9.99 $1.99
Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6 - $39.99 $9.99
Resident Evil Revelations / Biohazard Revelations UE - $49.99 $12.49
LOST PLANET® 3 - $49.99 $12.49
DmC: Devil May Cry - $49.99 $12.49
Onimusha™ 3: Demon Siege - $19.99 $4.99
Devil May Cry® 3 Special Edition - $19.99 $4.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $19.99 $4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $14.99 $7.49
Resident Evil™ 5 - $19.99 $9.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD - $14.99 $7.49
resident evil 4 / biohazard 4 - $19.99 $9.99
DuckTales: Remastered - $14.99 $7.49

I would have been interested in DmC and RE: Revelations, but charging full retail 20 months/18 months after release and then saying "75% off" is laughable.  Guess Capcom is desperate.  No sale :(  Might go for Remember Me, though.

So, I'm guessing SSFIV:AE got turned into USFIV. I hadn't even noticed it had changed until ES said that I already owned it.

And DMC needs an MSRP drop.

These jerks should have put the Skyrim DLC at 75% off. With all the workshop mods, I can't be asked to spend a mere 50% less than retail on their "official" garbage. Ugh, why did I have to win that game in the first place?

giphy.gif

I would have been interested in DmC and RE: Revelations, but charging full retail 20 months/18 months after release and then saying "75% off" is laughable. Guess Capcom is desperate. No sale :( Might go for Remember Me, though.
DmC is the best in the series if you can deal with different colored hair. Well worth the price. Disc version for consoles has been cheap (under $3 I think), wish they would do the same for PC.

So, I'm guessing SSFIV:AE got turned into USFIV. I hadn't even noticed it had changed until ES said that I already owned it.
Yeah, the name changed into USFIV. Still have to buy Ultra dlc to play new content.

Never played any lost Planet game. I know it sucks, but I want at least backlog one. Is extreme condition the recommended one?

Also, remember me, it is good?

So, on the Mac the school bought me.

But fuck homework. Does Enhanced Steam work on Mac(s) (currently)? I can't seem to get it up and running, but maybe I'm derp right now.

It's alright. Some cool ideas that never come together very well. Possibly worth playing if you like games with a strong style and engaging world design.

I wrote a review for it awhile back: http://mr-ninjasquirrel.tumblr.com/post/83496034386/review-remember-me
Tried to drag Remember Me out of the PS+log just a few weeks ago. Greatly enjoyed the opening sequence and the introduction to the world, but the combat was so clunkily awkward that I gave up after about an hour.

I enjoyed Remember Me - for the most part.  It had some good ideas and I didn't hate the combat as much as most here.  

I did enjoy the world, but in the end I was a bit disappointed in it's linearity.  

A pet peeve of mine is when a game closes a door behind you without warning and Remember Me does this a lot.

You're walking down an alley, when suddenly a short cut-scene occurs (of you walking down an alley!) and when it's over your back is to a closed gate.  

Oh, ok, guess I won't look around back there for collectibles after all....

But - Overall I'd say it was worth playing. 

I'm tempted by RE6 Complete and RER Complete, but can't help but feel like the overpriced MSRPs do not need to be rewarded.  I'll most likely pass/wait.  

Daily Deal
Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24

Weekend Deals
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $19.99 $4.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $19.99 $4.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - $39.99 $13.59

Capcom Publisher Weekend
Remember Me - $29.99 $5.99
Age of Booty™ - $4.99 $0.99
Lost Planet™: Extreme Condition - $14.99 $2.99
Flock! - $4.99 $0.99
Bionic Commando - $9.99 $1.99
Dark Void™ - $9.99 $1.99
Bionic Commando: Rearmed - $9.99 $1.99
Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6 - $39.99 $9.99
Resident Evil Revelations / Biohazard Revelations UE - $49.99 $12.49
LOST PLANET® 3 - $49.99 $12.49
DmC: Devil May Cry - $49.99 $12.49
Onimusha™ 3: Demon Siege - $19.99 $4.99
Devil May Cry® 3 Special Edition - $19.99 $4.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $19.99 $4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $14.99 $7.49
Resident Evil™ 5 - $19.99 $9.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD - $14.99 $7.49
resident evil 4 / biohazard 4 - $19.99 $9.99
DuckTales: Remastered - $14.99 $7.49
Holy crap I was right. o_o

I really recommend the Bionic Commando reboot, by the way. It's a lot better than most people give it credit for. Yes, the story is stupid and it's kinda flawed but it's fun.

Edit: DO NOT GET AGE OF BOOTY. The game's activation was broken for months and Capcom just fixed it... but now there's no multiplayer because Gamespy's down for good.

Should we just rename the topic of this thread: Steam Glitch Watch? I mean, sales are kind of debatable, right?

Krugozor has the Bionic Commando pack for two bucks and I'm tempted to pick it up.  But there's enough very cheap games on that Capcom list that I'm kinda wondering if a bundle might be in the works.

I like how Ducktales and D&D Mystara only get 50% off but the predictable crap get huge (relative for Capcom) discounts.  Bleh.

I was going to get Age of Booty but the reviews on Steam are negative pointing out drm and serial key issues. Not even worth a buck to chance it.

I see there's a Lost Planet Colonies edition... but is not on sale. I'll wait for a good sale on that version, since it have more content

I think it's just multiplayer junk, and it's still GFWL, which may not be getting patched out.
From Wikipedia (even though I own it)...

Colonies also introduces four new single-player modes: Score Attack (points are given for each kill using combos, akin to the co-op mode in Halo 3), Time Trial Battle Mode (similar to the Arcade mode of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), first person shooter mode, and Unlimited Mode (which must be unlocked).

I really recommend the Bionic Commando reboot, by the way. It's a lot better than most people give it credit for. Yes, the story is stupid and it's kinda flawed but it's fun.
You'll just have to fuck it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVYkz5WEio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back