Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, Steam?

FUv04sm.jpg
I know...My Riding Stables is a horrible horse game. I can't believe steam would suggest that!

Why not both?

I had a chat recently with a few folks about this, someone who's Level 270 and with 900 eligible games, gets about three or four boosters a week. I'm Level 57 and get like one a month.
That's odd, I'm level 53 and get a booster every Friday. That's happened since the steam sale when I hit 50.

Crafting badges isn't for everyone.

If you really don't care about badges, go ahead and sell or trade your cards. Most people don't need multiple showcases, just one or two are enough, and many people here - especially game collectors that add any game that's been bundled to their account - will get enough experience from that and sale event-related badges to get one showcase, or even two.
Well, you should look for windows when there's extra value to making badges.
Making a badge most of the time doesn't give much value... a fractional increase in your chance to get a booster. But if you build up your stock and craft your badges in the run up to or while the event cards exist, it's probably the best way to do it. You get your badge, you get your additional drop rate AND you get a card that probably sells for $0.50+ until well into the event.

Well, you should look for windows when there's extra value to making badges.
Making a badge most of the time doesn't give much value... a fractional increase in your chance to get a booster. But if you build up your stock and craft your badges in the run up to or while the event cards exist, it's probably the best way to do it. You get your badge, you get your additional drop rate AND you get a card that probably sells for $0.50+ until well into the event.
True.

It's why I'm hoarding cards at the moment the same way Squirrel hoards nuts.

I saw some giant retail boxes from some shitty PC games from the 90s I didn't recognize at half price books today.  Only $3 and $4 each too.  Might have bit in my more hoarder days, but gave them both a pass.  One was released by some company called www.crack.com or crackgames.com or something.  

Edit:

This was one of the games:

41N9T9Q5VAL.jpg

I saw some giant retail boxes from some shitty PC games from the 90s I didn't recognize at half price books today. Only $3 and $4 each too. Might have bit in my more hoarder days, but game them both a pass. One was released by some company called www.crack.com or crackgames.com or something.

Edit:

41N9T9Q5VAL.jpg
the best part about that is Abuse has been free for awhile

True.

It's why I'm hoarding cards at the moment the same way Squirrel hoards nuts.
I hoard until january 1, sell 200 cards or boosters, then enjoy 364 days of level 0 friend requests wanting the other thousands in the stockpile. *buries ss card in the backyard*

I saw some giant retail boxes from some shitty PC games from the 90s I didn't recognize at half price books today. Only $3 and $4 each too. Might have bit in my more hoarder days, but gave them both a pass. One was released by some company called www.crack.com or crackgames.com or something.

Edit:

41N9T9Q5VAL.jpg
Ha, I actually have this, retail box. It cost me two dollars, and it had some sort of a cheat device for PCs inside. An ISA card.

Would it be too much to ask for a list and maybe work out a trade? :p Yeah, it is.

New layout for Dragonfall Director's Cut was confusing for about 10 seconds. So much easier to use now. The opening scene seems tougher than I remember. Didn't play any further and breezed past the talking points till I could spend karma and save so I don't know if they made any major changes. Dialogue seemed mostly the same. I only got to the part where you make the big payment and all hell breaks loose in my expansion play through which is probably about 1/2-3/4 of the way through the game, so I won' t be able to make any comparisons after that. I am hoping they added more side missions involving the background of your crew.

In retail boxes, of course.

Because f*** DRM.

{angry shrug}
While I do prefer NO DRM, I do have games w/ DRM that I just don't like even at all.

i.e. TSW and D3 both have always-online DRM.

I do not buy retail-boxed games anywhere as close to as I used to.

Mostly, most of my games these days are bought digitally.

And at retail - some games have DRM, some don't. It's a toss-up.

has anyone seen the gamefly digital thread? i only see the used threads. anyways...

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-battlefield-4/5005637

Battlefield 4 (Origin) - $12.74 with code SEP15OFF, seems like historically lowest price according to itad...
EA's Free Game-Time w/ BF4 ruined me.

I finished the SP and played a fair amount of MP, when it was on Game-Time.

So, I need a REALLY-REALLY cheap deal to even want to buy BF4.

While I do prefer NO DRM, I do have games w/ DRM that I just don't like even at all.

Convenience and price trumps disc. Plus half the time the disc ties you to steam or origin anyway, why bother with the disc?

Hey ya'll,

I've got two copies of Tropico 3 and three two copies of Receiver. To avoid lurkers and to support CAG's who missed it, I'll give you a day to PM before I drop the codes.

Thanks for your cooperation. Go back to hoarding with the totally cool new Steam layout. 

3 new games just popped up now-

Beyond Gravity- $0.99

TransOcean- The Shipping Company- $26.99

Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark- $11.99

Sometimes I think you're like one of those politicians that use projection as a defense mechanism when they denounce homosexuality and all of a sudden news pops out they get caught trying to give out handjobs in a bathroom, and you secretly love drm and have made up this crusade to hide your true feelings.

It's 2014 Mysterd, come out of the DRM closet already. Times have changed, you won't be persecuted like in the past.

I was actively trying to avoid bling, but here's a quick crappy pic...

CqAYlwP.jpg
Looks hawt, I like it. Is that a Phanteks ph-tc14pe? I was really close to grabbing one of those but went with something else at the last minute. I've heard great things about those. Is the case a Corsair Air 240? I've got the 540 and love the heck out of the design.

And Drabe is right, he's seen my pics, you'd probably go blind.

Looks hawt, I like it. Is that a Phanteks ph-tc14pe? I was really close to grabbing one of those but went with something else at the last minute. I've heard great things about those. Is the case a Corsair Air 240? I've got the 540 and love the heck out of the design.

Please post your pics...I would not have tagged you for one that goes for flashy lights

Ha, I actually have this, retail box. It cost me two dollars, and it had some sort of a cheat device for PCs inside. An ISA card.

Would it be too much to ask for a list and maybe work out a trade? :p Yeah, it is.
If the HPBs was closer I wouldn't mind, but they closed the one that was 10 minutes away and this one is probably 30-45 minutes away. If I do go to that part of town any time soon I'll take some pics or something. I don't think anything was too good or they would have been asking for way more for them. I think I remember one of the Age of Empire games and the UK Edition of Sim City 3000. I think it has like extra small cars and a lot of pubs.

This is how PC's are supposed to look like.

ZDFGNmtl.jpg

Not like this: (Naked pictures, NSFW)

What's with the mottled black paint everywhere? Did your PC shit itself when it tried playing Destiny because it's so good?

Yeah, I almost went with a Noctua D14, but decided on the Phanteks last minute. The thing is huge. It actually is a Air 540, but the cooler dwarfs the case. I didn't even realize they made a mini version until you mentioned it. Maybe I'll build a mini-me with my spare parts to use as my server.

Yeah, I almost went with a Noctua D14, but decided on the Phanteks last minute. The thing is huge. It actually is a Air 540, but the cooler dwarfs the case. I didn't even realize they made a mini version until you mentioned it. Maybe I'll build a mini-me with my spare parts to use as my server.
I'm ashamed I didn't recognize it was a 540 but as you said that cooler makes it look small in comparison to that monster. I moved away from Noctua D14, got tired of the thing getting in the way of everything. I was really close to the Phanteks because I love those color choices but the red didn't quite match the rest of my build :)

If the HPBs was closer I wouldn't mind, but they closed the one that was 10 minutes away and this one is probably 30-45 minutes away. If I do go to that part of town any time soon I'll take some pics or something. I don't think anything was too good or they would have been asking for way more for them. I think I remember one of the Age of Empire games and the UK Edition of Sim City 3000. I think it has like extra small cars and a lot of pubs.
If it's that much trouble then don't worry about it. Thanks though.

I saw some giant retail boxes from some shitty PC games from the 90s I didn't recognize at half price books today. Only $3 and $4 each too. Might have bit in my more hoarder days, but gave them both a pass. One was released by some company called www.crack.com or crackgames.com or something.

Edit:

41N9T9Q5VAL.jpg
Abuse is great! I loved that game back in the day.

EA's Free Game-Time w/ BF4 ruined me.
I finished the SP and played a fair amount of MP, when it was on Game-Time.
So, I need a REALLY-REALLY cheap deal to even want to buy BF4.
I couldn't play much of the SP. Too generic and boring. And I really tried to like it.

It's too bad we can't pin recommendations.

8v3Cgny.jpg

I'm bad at writing taglines.

Edit: Oh goddamnit, apparently this won't show in my public curator page! Guess removed games are off-limits... no Ride to Hell comments, why valve, why

Man, for some reason the most recent PC photo I can find is from 2004!

Bling
C2gzRJx.jpg
Inside
8UAW3PK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back