Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me hungry for quesadilla. The donkey shows, I mean.

What's the white melty cheese you get at Mexican restaurants called? I asked my neighbor, who just looked confused and said Que?
Monterey Jack?

char_2045.jpg

Makes me hungry for a quesadilla. The donkey shows, I mean.

What's the white melty cheese you get at Mexican restaurants called? I asked my neighbor, who just looked confused and said Que?
There are several, but the ones we buy at our home are asadero and Oaxaca. They're both similar to string cheese, but Oaxaca is usually sold in tearable slices.

And both are great in quesadillas.

(Dang, you let a forum know you're Mexican and all of a sudden there's comments about Mexican food. Funny thing... my hometown's official food is... Chinese.)

Oh, so he was probably saying queso... dude's hard to understand since he only has his bottom teeth.

No, mate...and let's keep the rescue rangers out this, too.
I guess it's time to bring back my sexy Gadget avatar.

Last edited:
There are several, but the ones we buy at our home are asadero and Oaxaca. They're both similar to string cheese, but Oaxaca is usually sold in tearable slices.

And both are great in quesadillas.

(Dang, you let a forum know you're Mexican and all of a sudden there's comments about Mexican food. Funny thing... my hometown's official food is... Chinese.)
No matter what kind I buy, I can't get it to be all awesome and melty. It either burns or hardens quickly. I haven't tried a double boiler/fondue machine, yet, though.

You don't really need a character creation guide. Just pick the skills that you think you want to revolve your playthrough around. Naturally, you're gonna want to pick skills within the stealth category if you want to be an assassin (I'd recommend sneak, marksman, and light armor for sure). Diplomacy isn't really worth it. This isn't the type of RPG where you can talk your way out of situations. Communication is more to delineate information related to quests. However, as opposed to Oblivion and Skryim, Morrowind is much harder to communicate well with a low speechcraft skill, so it's more useful of a skill than the other two games. Still, I'd only recommend picking it as a major or minor skill for roleplay purposes. I would do a lot of research into what sign you pick. I like the steed just because your character is slow as fuck in the beginning of the game.
Finally got time to check out the skills and signs info. Glad to know that it's pointless to tag acrobatics as a skill. I decided to go with the Mage for a sign and mix in some magic skills. Here's what I'm planning when I get the chance to create in a couple hours and get to playing. Male Wood Elf. The Mage Sign. Agl/int Favored Attributes. Major Skills: Security, Marksman, Light Armor, Short Blade, Speech Craft Minor: Sneak, Enchant, Alchemy, Mysticism, Block

I'm hoping between either enchant and alchemy one will let my poison weapons. Is one of those magic skills uber cool? I may swap it and speech craft since speech craft is more for rp purposes.

Finish up some work and last minute additions to a real life rpg campaign and then I'll be ready to get started on a decade old rpg

No matter what kind I buy, I can't get it to be all awesome and melty. It either burns or hardens quickly. I haven't tried a double boiler/fondue machine, yet, though.
What we do in my household is heat the tortilla on a skillet or similar utensil, then once it's a bit warm, you add the cheese on one half and fold it into a taco shape. Then you start flipping it and pressing it with a spatula so the cheese will start to melt, and it won't burn because the tortilla will hold some of the heat at bay.

We don't eat Mexican food, because it sucks.

Thai or gtfo.

What's that site that lets you download Moar Vramz? I totally downloaded like 4gb worth.

thechurchoffudge.com. You have to get through this video ad first, but afterwards they let you download up to 12.

One of the signs of being a psychopath is holding this opinion.
Sharon Tate ate her last meal at the El Coyote Mexican restaurant in LA before she was killed by the Manson Family.

Bad things happen to people who eat Mexican food. (although usually it's the shits)

Sharon Tate ate her last meal at the El Coyote Mexican restaurant in LA before she was killed by the Manson Family.

Bad things happen to people who eat Mexican food. (although usually it's the shits)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geLnpGmQAQ

I'm going with this vid. The other one is too obvious.

Last edited:

You know what's funny?

Thai food gives me the shits. The food is great, but some of the oils that are used in their seasonings just... cannot... be processed.

You know what's funny?

Thai food gives me the shits. The food is great, but some of the oils that are used in their seasonings just... cannot... be processed.
It just knows that you're Mexican and should be having diarrhea anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geLnpGmQAQ

I'm going with this vid. The other one is too obvious.
Wow, I've seen Dumberer and I remember absolutely nothing about it, not even that scene. Though, it could be because I was weeping at the all around awfulness and generally horrible quality of the film I was paying to see.

The bad things are just the universe's way of balancing out the excellent thing that is the experience of eating mexican food.

I had a bit of fun watching this video and thought I'd share.

I found it posted on Destructoid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkzIGSyjLQ

Last edited:
Steam Keys are now available to all Desura purchasers and anyone who added Luna to their collection on Free Day (10-10-2014). Navigate to your collection in Desura. Highlight your title and Click Your Keys and then Get Steam Key! That's it. Luna will release on 11/24/2014 so you should be able to redeem on that day! There will be 18 acheivements and trading cards. Thank you all for supporting Luna and helping me get Greenlit so fast!!
http://www.desura.com/games/luna-shattered-hearts-ep1/keys/

Activated fine, but it don't appear in library yet.

Question for those that are purchasing DA:I through the Hola extension or have purchased other games this way; Do I have to do any extra work to get it to work on Origin and be in English? 

Since we're taking about food today, I was in Madrid over the weekend. Overall the food was excellent, but on Saturday night we were caught in the rain and ten of us just needed somewhere to get some scram.

We found a place called "All You Can Eat Buffet" at €9.95 a pop, how could you go wrong?

Very. It's ranked the #4354th restaurant in Madrid for a very good reason.

The most positive thing I can say about it is that it had a roof. It was raining when we went in and it had stopped by the time we left. Worryingly, there's apparently a further 700 places in Madrid that are worse. That takes some doing.

Question for those that are purchasing DA:I through the Hola extension or have purchased other games this way; Do I have to do any extra work to get it to work on Origin and be in English?
It adds directly to your normal Origin account so no extra work is involved there. Should be in English assuming it's a general "North America" version.

DA:I is an Electronic Arts published game though and so is covered by Origins "Great Game Guarantee" that lets you get a refund within a week of first launching the game. So I'm not worried about it. If it came out Spanish-only or something you just get your money back.

On the other hand, those AC: Unity copies bought via Origin India all came out region locked and need to be activated via VPN or forcing a proxy through Uplay's activation servers. And since it's published by UbiSoft, the "Great Game Guarantee" doesn't apply.

Edit: People are reporting that you need to launch Uplay via a India proxy each time to get AC: Unity in your games library. Eff that noise. FC4 pre-order from India canceled.

Since we're taking about food today, I was in Madrid over the weekend. Overall the food was excellent, but on Saturday night we were caught in the rain and ten of us just needed somewhere to get some scram.

We found a place called "All You Can Eat Buffet" at €9.95 a pop, how could you go wrong?

The most positive thing I can say about it is that it had a roof. It was raining when we went in and it had stopped by the time we left. Worryingly, there's apparently a further 700 places in Madrid that are worse. That takes some doing.
Specifics or it didn't happen!

If someone still don't own Blood Dragon, buy it. Is an amazing game. And if you lived through the 80s, you'll LOVE it. I hope they do some kind of sequel. I'd even preorder it

so did you guys have diarrhea or the food there just suck?

anyone know what the hell is this   dont really feel like giving steam my SS number 

You have created 154 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you.  to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement, 

anyone know what the hell is this dont really feel like giving steam my SS number

You have created 154 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you. to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement,
You can give your SSN to me and I'll fix your problem

anyone know what the hell is this dont really feel like giving steam my SS number

You have created 154 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are required to collect certain information from you. to provide the necessary information. To find out more about this requirement,
Move to Europe and you don't have to give your SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back