Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the other day, I picked up Pixel Piracy from Bundle stars for like a buck less than that entire pack costs now.  You're all welcome. :p  I think I finally reached the end stage of game collecting.  I've gone from "oh, that looks like kinda fun" to "will it raise my steam game count?  GET IT!".

I reckon I'll have a pixel piracy key to give away fairly soon since I do like the look of that bundle.

Just the other day, I picked up Pixel Piracy from Bundle stars for like a buck less than that entire pack costs now. You're all welcome. :p I think I finally reached the end stage of game collecting. I've gone from "oh, that looks like kinda fun" to "will it raise my steam game count? GET IT!".

I reckon I'll have a pixel piracy key to give away fairly soon since I do like the look of that bundle.

Like a week ago, I picked up Pixel Piracy from Bundle stars for maybe a buck less than that entire pack costs now. :( You're all welcome. :p I think I finally reached the end stage of game collecting. I've gone from "oh, that looks like kinda fun" to "will it raise my steam game count? GET IT!".

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Get your story straight, bud.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but...

... isn't the Family Guy game pretty bad?
By all accounts, yes, but that's not going to stop Family Guy fans from playing it.

Analogy: if The Stick of Truth had turned out to be a complete piece of garbage, that really wouldn't have stopped die-hard South Park fanatics from buying it by the droves.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Get your story straight, bud.
Yeah, I realized it was more like 10 days ago instead of just the other day. Thought my post hadn't went through and edited it. Ended up with a double post.

My extra Pixel Piracy Key:

753KL-ZM62F-4A2A0

I rented the Family Guy game a while ago. It's okay for the first couple of worlds, then starts to feel repetitive (which is sad because it's not very long). If you're a fan of the show you can get some enjoyment out of it at least.

One of the reviews on the Steam store page says Alone in the Dark still has SecuRom.  Can anyone who installed it today confirm/deny?

Hm. I've found that it's also hit-or-miss with Steam. Sometimes "patching" involves just downloading updated files and sometimes it involves redownloading 10s of gigs' worth of data (aka "the whole game").
Steam's patcher only downloads the files that have changed. If a game uses a few big files (e.g. Sleeping Dogs) then the download size will be large as steam re-downloads the whole file.

I wish Valve would adopt rsync into their patching system so that only the differences would need to be downloaded (instead of the whole damn file). Dropbox, and similar services use rsync.

Did the Steam store search bar auto-complete function basically stop working for anyone else? In both client and browsers, it went from working, to only working on the first letter typed, and now zilch. I hate results pages when I know exactly what I'm looking for.
It comes and goes, it's been doing that for while for me.

I've never heard a single good thing about it.

Of course, unless I'm mistaken, Foxhack is notorious for liking bad games.
I'm a proud owner of Ride to Hell, so.

One of the reviews on the Steam store page says Alone in the Dark still has SecuRom. Can anyone who installed it today confirm/deny?
Yes, it still does. I made a post in the forum as soon as the game hit Steam. It's just the standard activate-to-play version, so it's not intrusive at all - but it DOES have a limited amount of activations (5 I think).

Atari never removed the DRM and since Eden Games doesn't exist anymore they probably won't remove it. I was hoping for a GOG release of this game since I loved it despite its flaws, but that will never happen.

Student loan reform? I just want Congress to vote on something other than repealing Obamacare. The whole political issues spectrum is open, let's shake it up a little.
let get rid of the whole govt and rebuild with real americans all ages and tjhird party instead of big two

Anyone else see this? What countries are eligible? I wants one!! Not too sure why but I do!!

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc-windows-download/The-Square-Enix-Christmas-Surprise.php
Every time a bundle site has tried to do something similar, the buyer (me) always (eh, usually) gets screwed. After all, why wouldn't they advertise the selection if the games were actually desirable?

Then again, I rarely learn from my mistakes, so hell, I might just be in for one overpriced Humble Bundle Square Enix dollar tier.

I'm a proud owner of Ride to Hell
AixfG.png
Not even i own that one, and i buy everything.

New Bundlestars Killer Bundle - $4.99

Alone in the Dark (excellent game, btw)
It'd be nice if they'd actually put the AITD: Inferno Edition on the PC.

EDIT:

Warning though, Alone in the Dark still has limited activation Securom. :(
No excuse for that garbage to be active in any version now; especially in the Steam-version.

Atari should at least disable the damn Securom DRM-check.

Would be better if they removed the Securom entirely from the Steam-version.

EDIT #2:

Yes, it still does. I made a post in the forum as soon as the game hit Steam. It's just the standard activate-to-play version, so it's not intrusive at all - but it DOES have a limited amount of activations (5 I think).

Atari never removed the DRM and since Eden Games doesn't exist anymore they probably won't remove it. I was hoping for a GOG release of this game since I loved it despite its flaws, but that will never happen.
SInce you mentioned Eden - would be nice if its Securom-crap also got removed from TDU2, as well.

The reddit crowd thinks Murdered: Soul Suspect is one of them since the minimum reqs of that game and the bundle are the same.

Also they did the same thing last year, here's what was included.

Just Cause 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Tomb Raider
Dungeon Siege III
My prediction:

Murder: Soul Suspect

Hitman: Absolution

Nosgoth (Veteran Pack)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

+2 DLC for Guardian of light/Hitman

(Please don't be Kane & Lynch :speaktothehand: )

So yeah, Winter Crash with airstrikes bringing sleigh bells ringing and Santa yelling "ho ho ho" as bombs drop = best CoD map ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back