Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
GLITCHES?????
photo-thumb-59710.jpg

24 hour community choice is lame.

50% on Sniper Elite 3 is also lame.  Guess I keep waiting on that one; I ain't paying $25 for it even with GabeN Funbux

If anyone wants to go halfsies on the don't starve together pack hit me on my beeper.  

Edit:

Full disclosure all owners of Don't Starve will get Together for free once it exits EA.  This is just for EA access.  

I'm pretty sure I won the last two auctions I was in, but if I refresh the page it still shows "less than a minute to bid". 

50% on Sniper Elite 3 is also lame. Guess I keep waiting on that one; I ain't paying $25 for it even with GabeN Funbux
You can find this cheaper than that very easily on the trade market. There's people trading AMD code versions for 5-6 keys. If you dont have tradable keys, it may be tough (maybe Paypal accepters), but if you do its a very easy cheap get and has been for a while.

50% on Sniper Elite 3 is also lame. Guess I keep waiting on that one; I ain't paying $25 for it even with GabeN Funbux
I agree about the community choice. Every 8 hours makes the sale much more engaging. Also, I've seen Sniper Elite 3 keys from video card freebies go for around $10 in the trading thread.

OMG WORST SALE EVER IM DONE WITH COMPUTERS AND GAMING AND MOST OF ALL GABEN

ALSO I HOPE THE SEASONALS ROT IN THE SPECIAL LAYER OF HELL THAT IS RESERVED FOR THEM

Terrible prices and games to start the sale, IMO. Also, I don't really care about the community thing because didn't it take 3 votes to get a card last time? Now, it's just one vote to get a card, but there are one-third the votes, meaning the card distribution is the same. I never bought the community stuff because it was usually the indie trash I cared nothing for, so I voted just to get the cards, and now I don't have to worry about signing in every 8 hours. I guess it sucks for those interested in those games, but meh.

Meanwhile, want Fallout and Borderlands GotY releases at low prices, that's really it.

I hate the 24 hour community vote thing.  All it'll probably be is big name games.   At least with 3 votes a day, they threw themed votes at us and smaller games had some shot.  Maybe they'll surprise me with the vote choices, but I seriously doubt it.

I don't mind only having to vote once per day, but that also means fewer possible spots for game sales. Hasn't the general outcry for the last few years been that we need more feature items each day?

Oh well, I'll concede that as long as we don't see the familiar ridiculous amount of repeats throughout the sale.

I guess I must be the only one that's having trouble loading the pages most of the time. I'm not missing anything, except potential glitches.

Here's a real deal for anyone interested in Rocksmith 2014.  I saw this on slickdeals this morning, but was waiting to see what Steam would do...I shouldn't have waited.

1. Go here: http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/rocksmith-2014-pc-game-steam-key-download

2. Enter code #FUNISHOT on checkout

3. Pay with Paypal

Total came to $6.39 for me.  Had to pay with real monies, but a much better deal.  Hope some of you are able to take advantage of this.  And for reference, I don't know anything about the site, but I got the key and activated it immediately, no problems.  It is a Steam key, but of course requires uPlay.

You can find this cheaper than that very easily on the trade market. There's people trading AMD code versions for 5-6 keys. If you dont have tradable keys, it may be tough (maybe Paypal accepters), but if you do its a very easy cheap get and has been for a while.
Yeah, but I have a heap o' Funbux so that's what I'm looking to use. Anything I'm not planning on playing this very second I'd rather spend my ample Steam credit on than draining my bank account in any fashion.

I hate the 24 hour community vote thing. All it'll probably be is big name games. At least with 3 votes a day, they threw themed votes at us and smaller games had some shot. Maybe they'll surprise me with the vote choices, but I seriously doubt it.
community votes in the past were typically bad deals or deals that got repeated in future dailies. the change is mostly inconsequential

Just to go against the grain BEST SALE EVER, EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR AND MORE, SEASONAL CAG 4 LIFE SINCE 2005

EDIT:Damn Poxi stole my thunder

Two of my bids are stuck. I don't have any gems, I don't have the games, but it still shows me as the highest bidder so I can't cancel the bids.

Ugh, half of the things on my wishlist are still full price... Hopefully they are still refreshing all the deals.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I got very depressed looking through my wishlist. I hope that's the case because there are loads of games on my wishlist that are not on sale at all, or have a very small discount.

Take a game like Gun, for instance. Setting aside the fact that it's Activision and they're stingy assholes,,, It's as old as dirt and I think it hit 75% off sometime earlier this year -- or at least 50%. It's sitting on my screen at a paltry 25% discount.

I had hopes that with Disney showing some signs of life with sales on Steam recently, that this would be the year that LEGO Indiana Jones finally got a discount again. No dice.

Oh Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back