Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Defense Grid 1 + DLC.  Figure I can make back a few cents from the cards.  And it is something I can actually play with my daughter in the room, unlike most of the other games I own.

Any thoughts on Dungeons of Dredmore?  It is only 50% off until January 2nd so I'm waiting to see if it goes lower.  Is the game worth getting?  How is the DLC?

Free bundle fodder that's perfect for your favorite seasonal or alt!

You'll get a 100% off voucher for The Journey Down Chapter 1 when you sign up to a german newsletter at http://www.gamesrocket.de/newsletter/chip_advent_jd_2014. It's all in german so just use google to translate stuff. You'll have to click the confirmation in the email then you'll get another email with the code. Follow the link, add to cart, then use the code when you can and it'll knock it down to free.
Got the coupon and bought the game but still at "Order Status: Pending" a couple hours later :whistle2:k

Also, Chrome wouldn't translate the page so that was a fun linguistic adventure.

Got the coupon and bought the game but still at "Order Status: Pending" a couple hours later :whistle2:k

Also, Chrome wouldn't translate the page so that was a fun linguistic adventure.
If you got a confirmation email then try using that. My orders page wasn't updating, but following the link from the email worked.

Took me a little under two hours to unload 140 holiday sale cards at a net price of 8p each. Oh what might've been.

The lack of a meta-event really killed prices this year. If I'd sold cards pre-sale, I'd have seen around 63% more profit. Boo.

At least the gem auction was awesome. Got some absolute bargains there.

:whee:
I sold everything for 19-20 cents a while back, I'm surprised I actually did something right for a change.

I ended up getting just the DG1 base game without DLC.  No way to know if I'll ever play the DLC - I don't with most games - and at twice the price, it seemed like too much of a gamble.  In the end it came down to how much would I be kicking myself if it's bundled (likely) two weeks from now.  $1.50 for the base game is manageable, but $3 would sting a bit.  Ah, the agony of being a CAG...

In for Defense Grid 1 + DLC. Figure I can make back a few cents from the cards. And it is something I can actually play with my daughter in the room, unlike most of the other games I own.

Any thoughts on Dungeons of Dredmore? It is only 50% off until January 2nd so I'm waiting to see if it goes lower. Is the game worth getting? How is the DLC?
In reference to Dungeons of Dredmore, the answer depends on how much you like roguelikes. I played the DRM version for a long time before I got it on Steam so don't let my hours there fool you. It's extremely deep and challenging. The only thing that really detracts from the game for me is the art/graphic style. But the gameplay more than makes up for it, plus it helps that I absolutely love roguelikes. You can easily invest 100's of hours into it and the DLC's if you so desire.

Whoopie, Hack n' Slash, a game I received in my Steam inventory for free a while back, won the Community Vote. Would have liked Neverending Nightmares.

I guess my only Neverending Nightmares will be these Community Votes and this Winter Sale in general.

wow people are high double fine farts and diapers voting future bundle game or game that just one week ago went on sale cmon neverending nightmares or amazing spiderman (possibly actuvision losing it license) dumb steam losers!@!

Whoopie, Hack n' Slash, a game I received in my Steam inventory for free a while back, won the Community Vote. Would have liked Neverending Nightmares.

I guess my only Neverending Nightmares will be these Community Votes and this Winter Sale in general.
community are dumb as rock should go back to cave of fools i would rather have neverending nightmare win if amazing spiderman didnt win

I ended up getting just the DG1 base game without DLC. No way to know if I'll ever play the DLC - I don't with most games - and at twice the price, it seemed like too much of a gamble. In the end it came down to how much would I be kicking myself if it's bundled (likely) two weeks from now. $1.50 for the base game is manageable, but $3 would sting a bit. Ah, the agony of being a CAG...
will be bundled next year.. good thing u only got the base game

Where I live, I can choose any of 4 different companies to pick up my trash. It's nice to know that Steam wants to be on the forefront of garbage delivery.

For Posterity

Screen_Shot_2014_12_19_at_9_59_27_AM.png

For those interested in getting Valkyria Chronicles, Green Man Gaming has it for the same price as Steam for the next 24 hours. Plus if you use the coupon code "WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE" you get an additional 20% off which brings it down to $12.  While not exactly a steep discount, it is still considerably cheaper than what Steam has to offer today.

So in the past if I remember correctly community vote losers got no additional discount on top of what they already had but they had a good chance of showing up later as a daily or flash (I guess they aren't bothering with flash deals this time They have flashed but 12 hour ones. They're so underwhelming I must not have noticed initially). In this case though the losers got an additional discount, just not as good of one as the winner. I really, REALLY hope this doesn't mean this is as low as they will go this sale because if so then  fuck you Tim Schafer dick riding fanbois, I wanted Spiderman 2 at 66% off.  :bomb:

We also have Double Fine's "didn't-bother-to-finish-it-but-we'll-still-take-your-money" game as one of the 12 hour deals, so there's that.

why is walking dead gone?
Walking Dead Survival Instinct is gone, not the Telltale / PinballFX things.

Activision has a habit of yanking licensed stuff from sale just to save money. They did this last year with Deadpool, it was on a clearance sale before getting pulled.

I had a feeling Family Guy and Legend of Korra would be yanked after their very recent sales, so I grabbed Korra - which is surprisingly still in the store.

Walking Dead Survival Instinct is gone, not the Telltale / PinballFX things.

Activision has a habit of yanking licensed stuff from sale just to save money. They did this last year with Deadpool, it was on a clearance sale before getting pulled.

I had a feeling Family Guy and Legend of Korra would be yanked after their very recent sales, so I grabbed Korra - which is surprisingly still in the store.
Between all this Sony shenanigans and it being published by Activision I'm worried about Spiderman 2 getting yanked. I don't want to hop on this 55% if it may go lower but I'll be annoyed if it goes back to 40% tomorrow and then never goes lower the rest of the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back