Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about $14 USD.

Yep.

And in case you don't trust me + my word alone, it's on that Amazon UK page...buried quite a bit down:
Cheers, D.

Bizarrely it's still £39.99 at full price over here on Steam, so unless it sees an 80%+ drop, it's not going to get better for me on Steam.

I'm gonna bite. Don't think I'll see a better price outside of Nuuvem (and I'm not sure where they lie in the post-Putin clampdown world) so this is a good price.

:whee:

p.s. [Obligatory Christmas wellwishing]

Cheers, D.

Bizarrely it's still £39.99 at full price over here on Steam, so unless it sees an 80%+ drop, it's not going to get better for me on Steam.

I'm gonna bite. Don't think I'll see a better price outside of Nuuvem (and I'm not sure where they lie in the post-Putin clampdown world) so this is a good price.

:whee:

p.s. [Obligatory Christmas wellwishing]
ITAD is saying the lowest it has been is $13.59 on Steam + Amazon (probably on their US Sites):

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=southparkstickoftruth

So, yeah - your price in UK (8.99 pounds - which is around $14 USD) is VERY close to the lowest it has been in the USA ($13.59).

merry-christmas-you-filthy-animal.jpg

Anyone think DayZ is going to drop prices further? Really want to buy to play with a friend but damn they never discount this game.

Always nice to add games to Steam.

BTW - already have this from both Retail + GOG.
Now that is shocking!

Happy Christmas, geeks!

Hey, does anybody know whether Amazon sells a Steam code version of Far Cry: Blood Dragon? The one I see here appears to be a Uplay code.

(Oh, and a non-PM thanks to djbooba! :wave: )

hows this work? I bought it and thought id get a steam code but all i got was a page that lists like 15 codes or so.. not nearly the 47 listed. Do i enter them on steam? How come the numbers dont match up?
I never purchased that, but I believe certain codes activate collections and that's why you only have 15 listed. I'm sure someone else can clarify.

south park is a steamworks game, I bought it on the ubi store during one of the b1g1f sales and the uplay version just launches steam with a steam key, just like lara croft and temple of osiris.

the sega sonic bundle on amazon is like 7 or 8 keys that turn into 47 games on steam, due to collections and stuff.   its a bit confusing but i did count it up when i installed and it ended up the right number.

speaking of uplay don't forget the 15 days of free weird crap uplay is doing, i got some DLCs I think so far?

http://uplay.ubi.com/#!/en-US/events/uplay-15-days

MERRY CHRISTMAS GAMERS​
Here's our present for you! To say thank you for being a loyal subscriber, we've got a FREE copy of Penguins Arena: Sedna's World for some Christmas fun! No strings attached, just a gift from the Bundle Stars team to you:
 ​
CG7F6-M6AVI-ILVTY​

Wow. Thank you Bundlestars.

Here's a link which shows 2011 winter daily sales http://slickdeals.net/f/3798608-steam-holiday-sale-2011-daily-list-days-1-14-extras

This one shows the first couple days for the 2010 winter sale http://forum.groovypost.com/deals/steam-winter-sale-2010-live-dec-20-thru-jan-2-t96494.html

I'm not sure what to make of this but thought I'd throw it out there. I do think a factor is Early Access hurts the value of a sale from the consumer's perspective. There are two sales in the daily feature that are both getting just a 33% discount which may have gone to other games that could be 75% off or more. I do think, as well, that the length of time we've been using Steam and the rise of bundles have hurt how we perceive sales. Bundles have made the sale of nearly any indie game a non factor, as we'll either already own the game or refuse to buy it in fear of it being in a bundle in the future. Obviously, the length of time influences the fact that there are simply less games we're able to buy. This being said, there are things Steam could do, but won't, to increase how interesting a sale is. They could stop featuring games like Just Cause 2 and GTA IV, which are ALWAYS featured, and have been for years, and mix in games that are older or more obscure. They could also refuse to feature early access titles so they could feature other ones instead. They won't do either of these things because Steam is in it to make money, which isn't necessarily an interest which coincides with having a good sale. This is proven by the annoying (and sometimes stupid) buying habits of the average Steam user. Just look at the top sellers right now. Far Cry 4 is wasting a featured slot at $48 and is the #1 seller right now. Counter Strike is the #4 seller despite being released in 2012. Dayz is the #5 seller despite being over a year old and the fact that the sale still have a week left, so people should be waiting to see if it gets featured. Same principle goes for ARMA 3. A lot of people have asserted that Steam "isn't trying" anymore, I think that's not true. They are trying, but they're trying to maximize profit, which means catering to the majority of their audience.
Hey look, Just Cause 2! Looking back over those past two sales, they don't look all that nostalgically awesome. Especially with the prices on the stuff that's since been bundled and even given away for free by this point (and still backlogged). And it actually makes me miss coal a little.

I really want to buy Wolfenstein at Nuuvem but a bunch of people that wanted to buy games from me never replied after I gave them a price so my budget is limited. Bleh. -.-

Hey look, Just Cause 2! Looking back over those past two sales, they don't look all that nostalgically awesome. Especially with the prices on the stuff that's since been bundled and even given away for free by this point (and still backlogged). And it actually makes me miss coal a little.
Even taking out the factor of bundles I don't think these sales are *quite* as great as we make them out to have been. They're pretty similar to the sales now, just the titles are older. Bundles and length of time spent participating in sales depreciates the value of a sale from our perspective. However, I think the inclusion of Early Access in the sales does make them worse. I also think there are ways Steam can make them better but won't.

The Nuuvem page just says you can't activate in Germany, Austria, Israel and Japan and those are pretty much censorship due to those countries being sensitive to showing Nazis and I guess maybe it portrays the Japanese in WWII in not a positive light or something. I don't know, never played it.

But it has cards. The straight Uplay one doesn't, obviously.

Would have been nice if I heard about this the day it started. Also why is the "24/12" :roll: badge not attainable now? It's still Christmas morning here. fucking Ubi frogs.
Not that I would have noticed but they didn't even send an email about it coming up. The tools.

One thing's for certain, while the Dailies & Flashes throughout the sale have been lukewarm at best, there's at least been something worth jumping on here and there. The CC's have all been dogshit.

Anyone think DayZ is going to drop prices further? Really want to buy to play with a friend but damn they never discount this game.
Not by much. During the Autumn sale they knocked it down 25% but they had raised the MSRP to $34.99 right before so it was a negligible change. I don't think its been a daily deal during this sale yet, but realistically I think the best you can hope for is that same price it was during autumn. It doesnt get heavy discounts because its very popular even when not on sale.

So has anyone played The Secret World? I like conspiracy shit, and liked the concept of The Matrix Online, if not its execution. Never considered it at full price, though, and then forgot it existed.

I've also been hearing a strange amount of chatter about TSW, considering every time my first thought is "that isn't dead yet?"

Just wondering if it's worth 10 bux to mess around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back