Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
For Posterity

Capture.jpg

I voted for what?

No point in playing CSGO for like a month if you play competitively now.

Going to be full of hacking losers
The other day someone asked me if I was walling.

srs question. he said. :twoguns:

Apparently you can't be decent without hacks especially if you're a "squeaker."

Alaska. I like snow very much... It feels like I'm still in Finland.
Finland: (from Dark lands: the grim truth behind the 'Scandinavian miracle')

In summer, you'll be plagued by mosquitos, in winter, you'll freeze – that's assuming no one shoots you, or you don't shoot yourself. Finland ranks third in global gun ownershipbehind only America and Yemen; has the highest murder rate in western Europe, double that of the UK; and by far the highest suicide rate in the Nordic countries.

The Finns are epic Friday-night bingers and alcohol is now the leading cause of death for Finnish men. "At some point in the evening around 11.30pm, people start behaving aggressively, throwing punches, wrestling," Heikki Aittokoski, foreign editor of Helsingin Sanomat, told me. "The next day, people laugh about it. In the US, they'd have an intervention."
Actually I've met a number of cool Finns.

I've only met one Finn. He was an old WoW friend who unexpectedly took up an invite to come on my Stag - we were across the water in Estonia.

Nice chap. Good taste in nasty shots.

I don't think I'd like Finland but the people (based on my small sample) are lovely.

We get very few community votes and they throw out a game design software day barely anybody cares about.  Good job Valve!

We get very few community votes and they throw out a game design software day barely anybody cares about. Good job Valve!
They could have at least gave us RPG Maker Elite Super-Ultra XXVII or something. I have some great ideas for Age of Dragons: Investigation that I want to get on Greenlight.

They could have at least gave us RPG Maker Elite Super-Ultra XXVII or something. I have some great ideas for Age of Dragons: Investigation that I want to get on Greenlight.
You'd probably be one of those douchebags that gives a chance to win like 1 of 100 keys for a vote, meaning they get thousands of people voting for them and the vast majority get squat. :bomb:

I guess I'll go ahead and grab that Don't Starve Together pack... 2 copies for $5 and I can give one to my friend. I'd kinda like The Stanley Parable, but I guess I'll hold out for the bundle.

Not impressed by the repeats. :/

I voted for the music maker program because it had the worst reviews. At this point, I'm in the mood to punish the steam community.
I like your logic and have elected to do likewise.

You'd probably be one of those douchebags that gives a chance to win like 1 of 100 keys for a vote, meaning they get thousands of people voting for them and the vast majority get squat. :bomb:
Actually, I'm going to release it as Age of Dragons: Investigation Deluxe Edition with 20% more color-swapped sprites. I'm afraid you only voted for the standard version, sorry. No keys for you.

I voted for the music maker program because it had the worst reviews. At this point, I'm in the mood to punish the steam community.
I like the way you think, voted music maker as well. On another note, when the hell is the msrp for SC: Blacklist going to drop... My sweet spot for it is 4.99.

I guess I'll go ahead and grab that Don't Starve Together pack... 2 copies for $5 and I can give one to my friend. I'd kinda like The Stanley Parable, but I guess I'll hold out for the bundle.
Don't Starve Together will be free for owners of Don't Starve once it leaves Early Access. If you're willing to wait you can get it for free later on. Now if your friend doesn't own Don't Starve then your friend will have to buy it regardless.

Kind of considering Shadowgate because I actually do want it and even though the bundle force vibes are strong in this one I feel like I should at least buy one thing so I can tell myself the sale was not a total bust.

Community choice selections are software.
Is there anyone who seriously wants one of these? My vote is yours. Just reply to this post so I don't miss it.

Sales... Holy shit. I thought the posted leak was a joke.

That said I don't have Don't Starve, I like Klei games though suspect that this one has little in common with Shank/Mark of the Ninja, and I have heard really good things about it. That in the fact that the "together" is going to be free to anyone who owns it... I doubt its going to get bundled anytime soon so maybe I should pick it up.

The other day someone asked me if I was walling.

srs question. he said. :twoguns:

Apparently you can't be decent without hacks especially if you're a "squeaker."
Haha. I use to be accused of "walling" all of the time in CS:S. At first it was annoying but it didn't take long to realize it's a backhanded compliment from someone who is generally underskilled and a miserable person. Or (most likely) from someone unwilling to admit to themselves that they're not as good as they thought they were.

It's difficult to understand why one would exploit the game and put their Steam account at risk for the illusion of being considered "good" by random internet people.

My advice is to just shrug it off and have a good laugh by killing them again. :twoguns:

Haha. I use to be accused of "walling" all of the time in CS:S. At first it was annoying but it didn't take long to realize it's a backhanded compliment from someone who is generally underskilled and a miserable person. Or (most likely) from someone unwilling to admit to themselves that they're not as good as they thought they were.

It's difficult to understand why one would exploit the game and put their Steam account at risk for the illusion of being considered "good" by random internet people.

My advice is to just shrug it off and have a good laugh by killing them again. :twoguns:
Oh it didn't bother me. I actually just laughed when he asked me. My own teammate.

And as you said, it's silly to risk my steam account. Level 50 wasn't chump change.

Apparently, there is a glitch with the current "Bundle in a Box 2" Groupees Bundle where you can get the full bundle for 1$. Better than pre-ordering. Just got one so it works.

Apparently, there is a glitch with the current "Bundle in a Box 2" Groupees Bundle where you can get the full bundle for 1$. Better than pre-ordering. Just got one so it works.
they will fix it by removing game key from ur profile. sorry to bust ur bubble.. besides, most of the 2nd tier are shitty anyway

Already redeemed all my keys. I don't think they'll ever attempt to pull the games from my account like GamersGate.
ya i thought about it too.. but tier 2 are .. well.. crappy.. Even the Jagged Alliance 2 Wild fire game (only one interest me) is bad. it's just a poor cash in and an insult to Jagged alliance name.

but thank you for letting us know about the glitch

They won't revoke the keys.. they probably won't even remove the keys from your profile. Might not be a glitch, sales are really poor, wouldn't surprise me if it's intentional.

Man, I don't think I even want it for 1$. I have everything except Experience 112 and I am sure the mystery game will be some garbage as well.

Ok, that's a big error. I didn't think they'd do anything about the BIAB error, but this one...interesting to see what they do.
Probably too lazy to revoke keys, but I'm sure they'll remove the keys from our profiles. There aren't many good bundles I didn't bta on.. but I now have BTA keys from the Wadjet Eye bundle (Blackwell collection and Resonance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back