Steam: Deus Ex Collection - $5 or $2.50 for each game (75% off) - DEAD

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
header.jpg

Deus Ex Collection on Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a known issue with the game. The problem is that you can't turn off mouse acceleration. You do get used to it.

[quote name='moojuice']Never played this before, just bought it...is it just my system, or is the mouse overly sensitive, even on 1?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried changing your OS settings, too? How about changing the sensitivity in User.ini to a decimal less than 1. I haven't installed my Steam version of this, so I don't know if that may help.

Also, this will remove accel., but will disable the mouse on menus/inventory. (You can alt+Enter to windowed, use the mouse on a menu, then switch back.)

Changing the OS settings doesn't work. The only known solution is the one that disables the mouse in menus. Which you use a lot in Deus Ex.

I installed that HDTP which created a shortcut on my desktop but when I click on it, it brings up a box saying "Failed to find Steam". Am I just supposed to click the normal Deus Ex shortcut (which works just fine)?

[quote name='kidrocklive']I installed that HDTP which created a shortcut on my desktop but when I click on it, it brings up a box saying "Failed to find Steam". Am I just supposed to click the normal Deus Ex shortcut (which works just fine)?[/QUOTE]

Posted by Testtype earlier in the thread. Have fun!

[quote name='forbiddenx']Aww man! Dead deal? :( I wish i could've grabbed it for $5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suppose I should probably mark it as dead so it doesn't mislead anymore people.

[quote name='cheapo72']Posted by Testtype earlier in the thread. Have fun![/QUOTE]

Ahh I saw that but when TNM worked I thought I was okay and forgot about it. Is there a legal way to get that exe file without going out and buying a disc version of the game? I'm assuming it's not legal to d/l the retail disc version of the game even though I've bought the product on steam?

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm assuming it's not legal to d/l the retail disc version of the game even though I've bought the product on steam?[/QUOTE]

That's for the judge to decide! :O

In all seriousness, I do believe it's a violation of the DMCA to circumvent copy protection. That's why backing up a DVD of a movie is technically illegal. But not many people take that seriously.

bread's done
Back