Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jason506']Batman is tempting at that price, is the pc version easy to control? I played some at a friends house on the 360 and it was fun.[/QUOTE]

With the $25 you save, you could buy a controller for your PC. :p

Picked up Osmos, Dragon Age is tempting, but it is hard for me to believe Amazon will not have it for $30 sometime this weekend.

[quote name='jason506']Batman is tempting at that price, is the pc version easy to control? I played some at a friends house on the 360 and it was fun.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the PC version controls great. In fact, I tried it with the 360 controller first, but changed to the KBAM because it was easier

[quote name='alpha064']I already had a copy of Saints Row 2 prior to the purchase and didn't get a copy to gift, so no.[/QUOTE]

For the most part, you can only gift Valve games.

Already bought Grid and Osmosis, but that THQ pack is really tempting even though I already own well over half of the games in it.....I could Ebay off my old, non-Steam ones and have the convenience of owning them all on Steam....Tempting....

Anyone who sees the THQ pack on sale and scoffs (I did, at first) note that they have just added the 3 Red Faction games and Saints Row 2 to the usual pack. (That's why it shows up in 'New Releases' - Valve's Complete Pack now has L4D2 at no price change, fwiw).

The Lucasarts Premier Pack is disappointing considering D2D had the pack for $40 (minus the pay-to-play SW Galaxies & the broken Jedi Knight 1).

May not technically be in this sale, but Plants vs. Zombies is $5 right now on Steam and that's a steal for easily 50+ hours of gameplay in there as one of the best values of the year.

I'll probably pick up Osmos once I try out the demo.

Lucasarts pack, THQ pack, Grid, Osmos and Plants vs Zombies. Steam has already made more money off of me than all other stores combined this black friday/pre-black friday.

Is the digital deluxe edition of Dragon Age worth the extra cash? This is very tempting for me, but I can't decide which copy I'd want.

[quote name='Tsukento']While also not part of the deal, Sam & Max Season One is also on sale for $20.09: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/539/[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't for the fact that I need to limit myself, I'd probably have gotten both Sam and Max and the Wallace and Grommit pack that's $10 on the Telltale site right now.

And the Lucasarts pack.

And maybe the THQ pack.

SO MANY DEALS. :hot:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']If it wasn't for the fact that I need to limit myself, I'd probably have gotten both Sam and Max and the Wallace and Grommit pack that's $10 on the Telltale site right now.[/QUOTE]
Woah, link?

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Darn, I just bought the Adventure Collection over the weekend only to see it on sale with the LucasArts premier pack. Nertz.[/QUOTE]

Now you have learned to only buy things on Steam if they are on sale or completely brand new. Even then you might get a situation like with SFIV where they mark it down 50% one month later.

[quote name='NutManIV']Even then you might get a situation like with SFIV where they mark it down 50% one month later.[/QUOTE]

That was so awesome, one of the best deals I've ever seen on Steam. Pay no attention to my Dan's ass avatar. :lol:

[quote name='NutManIV']Now you have learned to only buy things on Steam if they are on sale or completely brand new. Even then you might get a situation like with SFIV where they mark it down 50% one month later.[/QUOTE]
Not even then.

Left 4 Dead 2 is already going to be on sale/is on sale for around $30 at different online sources as well as brick & mortar stores. It's just better to buy things when they're on sale. :D

[quote name='Tsukento']It's just better to buy things when they're on sale. :D[/QUOTE]

Especially when it's digitally downloaded content.

The THQ pack is insane. I would get it if I didn't already have half of those games or if I could gift them to people. This makes me look forward to the Steam xmas sale.

Damn it, I would have totally bought the Digital CE off of steam instead of a physical copy of the regular edition. I can't believe how cheap the game has been so shortly after launch.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Damn it, I would have totally bought the Digital CE off of steam instead of a physical copy of the regular edition. I can't believe how cheap the game has been so shortly after launch.[/QUOTE]Buy the CE on Steam and sell your physical copy on ebay. I did the same thing.

[quote name='hotwls13']Hmmm, considering GRID and Farcry. I was hoping to get Farcry 2 for $5 from Best Buy. Is the DLC worth twice the price??
[/QUOTE]

The DLC is a few extra guns, vehicles and multiplayer maps. The single-player stuff is pretty useless. I don't play it online, but I kinda doubt that many people bought those multiplayer maps.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Buy the CE on Steam and sell your physical copy on ebay. I did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me how the codes are mailed to you for the Steam version? I need to know how they are split up between the CE items, the shale content, and the blood armor.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Can you tell me how the codes are mailed to you for the Steam version? I need to know how they are split up between the CE items, the shale content, and the blood armor.[/QUOTE]The codes show up with the CD key after you finish downloading the game. Shift tab when the game starts or right click the game in your Steam list and you should see the codes. There should be two separate codes for the DLC if I remember.

I've read that the DLC for Batman:AA is only available through GFWL. However information on this seems hard to come by period so does this mean the Steam version does not include the two maps? Are they a big loss overall if that's the case?

[quote name='silent h3ro']The codes show up with the CD key after you finish downloading the game. Shift tab when the game starts or right click the game in your Steam list and you should see the codes. There should be two separate codes for the DLC if I remember.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I guess that answers it. So you get a code for the Armor and a code for Shale. I needed to know since I've already used the codes from my physical copy, so just wanted to make sure I can just give the codes I'd get from Steam to whomever buys the physical copy.

[quote name='Drizzt']I've read that the DLC for Batman:AA is only available through GFWL. However information on this seems hard to come by period so does this mean the Steam version does not include the two maps? Are they a big loss overall if that's the case?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak on behalf of batman AA, but SFIV PC requires GFWL to play online. What they did was make me download it then made me install GFWL and activate the CD Key to play SFIV online. So if the content comes straight from GFWL, you should get the two maps still supposedly.

Is there any reason I shouldn't pick up the Digital Deluxe Version of Dragon Age? I am poking around for disk version Dragon Age andOr C.E. Black Friday deals.

[quote name='fore1337']Is there any reason I shouldn't pick up the Digital Deluxe Version of Dragon Age? I am poking around for disk version Dragon Age andOr C.E. Black Friday deals.[/QUOTE]

*coughCMLcough*

[quote name='Default09']Is Farcry a good deal for 10 bucks? Didn't like Osmos demo all that much, and not completely I wanna play the games in the THQ pack.[/QUOTE]

Holy jeez it is....that is a great game!

[quote name='silent h3ro']Buy the CE on Steam and sell your physical copy on ebay. I did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Ya, thinking I'm selling my copy of Red Faction to get this...25 bucks on Amazon gets me halfway to the total cost of the package!

Problem is I don't have any physical copies, most of the THQ games in that pack I already have digitally, either from steam or from competitors. son of a bitch.

Wasn't the Lucasarts collection on sale somewhat recently (last few months)? Does anyone remember how much it was then? I remember I was tempted but didn't bite...

[quote name='Brian9824']How is Batman on PC control wise?[/QUOTE]

I use the 360 control, so then its the same as the console versions, I havent used the keyboard and mouse

Picked up Osmos. Super chill game. And it's easy enough so you can kind of zone out while playing.

I'm tempted to pick up a lot of these titles...but I either already own or have played and beaten the console version. And I feel like I won't end up playing the other ones.

Also, what's Fallen Earth like?

I picked up Grid and it is awesome, a very intense brutal racing game, its awesome to play a racing game where the AI doesnt drive perfect, they crash and spin out more then I do. Game is alot of fun, great sense of speed, great visuals. Well worth the 7bucks.

if you dont have this game pick it up

I don't use a gamepad or anything so racing games on PC are not my cup of tea. I'm waiting for Gran Turismo 5 this spring though.

[quote name='Justin42']Wasn't the Lucasarts collection on sale somewhat recently (last few months)? Does anyone remember how much it was then? I remember I was tempted but didn't bite...[/QUOTE]

To rehash my earlier post: D2D had it just last week for $40. For the extra $10 Steam gives you the pay-to-play Galaxies and the broken Jedi Knight.

By the way, the 5 day 1day only sale means that each day for 5 days, they will have a new set of games for sale for that day.

So, I get the THQ pack and I go to start downloading the games on my desktop. I get 4 or 5 games to start downloading when all of a sudden Steam shuts down and auto updates.

Now whenever I start it I get the Steam - 732897 is not responding error and the corresponding white screen of death.

Looks like i'm going to have to uninstall Steam, along with 150gb of games, on the off chance that it will actually work when I reinstall it. That's according to the Steam forums since Valve won't actually respond about the issue that people are having. FML.

[quote name='Geello']So, I get the THQ pack and I go to start downloading the games on my desktop. I get 4 or 5 games to start downloading when all of a sudden Steam shuts down and auto updates.

Now whenever I start it I get the Steam - 732897 is not responding error and the corresponding white screen of death.

Looks like i'm going to have to uninstall Steam, along with 150gb of games, on the off chance that it will actually work when I reinstall it. That's according to the Steam forums since Valve won't actually respond about the issue that people are having. FML.[/QUOTE]

Try moving the data files in the steamapps folder somewhere else and then uninstall/delete the steam folder and reinstall it. You should be able to move all the files back and won't lose anything you've already downloaded.

And what do you mean downloading the games on your desktop...?

bread's done
Back