Steam Halloween Sale OCT 28 - NOV 1

Got the overlord pack but otherwise its a pretty weak sale overall. I was hoping for a 5-10 dollar bloodlines but guess I'll just have to wait and see if it shows up for the xmas sale.

[quote name='happysnork']So, are these games likely to be on better sale over BF or Holiday? I would like to grab a couple copies of PvsZ and one Bioshock, but if they will be a few bucks cheaper down the road that would be several bucks more I could invest in other games during the holiday sale.

I am fairly new to Steam sales and am just curious how risky it would be to pass over these deals now and hope for

[quote name='eastx']Plants vs Zombies has never gone below $5 before and it's an absolutely excellent game, so you can feel safe buying it now. Some of the other games on sale now may cost less during the holiday sale, but we can't know which ones yet. You should check out the Steam topic for more Steam info. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']I would say PvZ is probably a safe bet that it will not get any lower, it is a popular game and Popcap tends to not let their prices drop too much. Bioshock on the other hand goes on sale all the damn time so there is a fair chance that at Christmas sale we see it for $2.50ish, but you cant bank on it.

In general I do not bite on steam sales less they are 65% or more since there will always be more sales in the future(plus price drops for certain titles).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gcorlett']Bioshock has frequently been $5 on steam during sales, but never cheaper. You're talking about a triple-A title here... I think it's unlikely to go below $5, possibly ever. I would speculate that you might see it bundled with Bioshock 2 for $15 this Christmas, but... really, $5 is a great price if you need a game to play now.

Others covered PvZ. I bought it a year ago for $10 during a sale. Great fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Definitely going to grab PvsZ now then and will wait for Bioshock. It's just going into my backlog so no hurry on it anyway, was just going to grab it if this was an amazing deal that won't come up again. :D

[quote name='MSI Magus']Its just kind of annoying that Valve can not have a sale without feeling as though they have to put their own games on sale. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, dammit, I hate it when they put MORE games on sale! That's the worst! Especially games that are MP-only, and rely on a steady trickle of new players to keep the game alive and fresh! It's so confusing! They should never have these multi-game sales at all, and just stick to those weekend deals!

/sarcasm

Just funnin', bro. That was definitely a "modern problem" you posted up there. As in, problems we ALL like to have. :lol:

[quote name='JKSonic']HAHA, I completely missed Amnesia! I definitely want that game, played the demo and it seemed amazing. Bad thing is I've bought so much stuff lately not sure when I'll get around to playing it.

Then again as somebody else said it's cheaper on GamersGate... Has anybody had experience with them? I mean is it just a DL site like Steam or Direct2Drive or what? It doesn't have Steam achievements does it? That seems like it would be the only benefit of buying it from them if you're into that.[/QUOTE]

As a current Red-level user I must say they are even better than Steam. They give Blue Coins on every purchase, which has made me get some free games already. And on top of that they also give you them for reviewing the game, rating it and helping others on GameTutor.

Also, games sold at GamersGate are 100% free of steamworks, so you can buy with confidence with them if you don't want to install or use steam, they don't sell games that require third-party out-of-game software to run.

And on top of that, they have the sweetest customer service. They refunded me twice for unused games for problems that weren't completely their fault, AND they have a "the game is yours forever" policy with product keys. If you need another one within a reasonable time, they will help you with it (specially good for games with limited installs and people on countries where LIVE isn't yet supported).

Overlord Complete Pack $7.49

Overlord II $4.99

Overlord™ $1.24

Overlord™: Raising Hell $2.49

Aliens vs. Predator™ $9.99

Dark Fall: Lost Souls$6.79

Haunted House™ $9.99

Devil May Cry 4 $9.99

Burn Zombie Burn! $4.99

Ghostbusters: The Videogame $9.99

Dead Space $9.99

Alter Ego $14.99

BioShock™ $4.99

Resident Evil™ 5 $14.99

Nation Red $3.39

Ghost Master® $2.49

Doom Rails $4.99

Zombie Bowl-o-Rama $2.49

Amnesia: The Dark Descent $13.39

Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition $4.99

Zombie Driver $4.99

Left 4 Dead Bundle $14.99

Left 4 Dead $9.99

Left 4 Dead 2 $9.99

Team Fortress 2 $9.99

Silent Hill Homecoming $19.99

Dracula Origin $4.99

Worms Reloaded $9.99

Here is a list of everything on sale with prices. Maybe an admin can put it in the og post because the new guy can't.

Waiting for a freaking SATA cable to arrive to I can add my new HDD, hurry up damn it. It's filled to the brim because of Steam.

I just got PvZ for my iPod Touch. Not sure why I'd want to buy it for higher cost on my PC though. I admit, I was tempted. It's an awesome game.

I'm considering Burn, Zombie, Burn. I don't think I have a SmashTV-like game on PC. And I do enjoy burning zombies...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I just got PvZ for my iPod Touch. Not sure why I'd want to buy it for higher cost on my PC though. I admit, I was tempted. It's an awesome game.

I'm considering Burn, Zombie, Burn. I don't think I have a SmashTV-like game on PC. And I do enjoy burning zombies...[/QUOTE]

Burn, Zombie, Burn is free right now for Playstation Plus members..........Not on PC but free is nice, if you have Plus.

[quote name='drakesvg']Cheapest Iv seen AVP, think i might finally bite on it, While Im at it i guess i will double dip on dead space even though i have it on 360. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to pick up AvP as well.

Also noticed they have a STALKER CoP + SoC bundle for $9.99.

Edit - Went ahead and bought AvP. Didn't expect it to be over 15 GB. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it Steam but why buy Amnesia for ~$14 on Steam when you can get it for $9.99 on GamersGate? I kinda want that game but I think I like the thought of Plants vs Zombies more....much more.

[quote name='Reaperain']I know it Steam but why buy Amnesia for ~$14 on Steam when you can get it for $9.99 on GamersGate? I kinda want that game but I think I like the thought of Plants vs Zombies more....much more.[/QUOTE]

It is also $9.99 on Impulse.

[quote name='Fonz72']Burn, Zombie, Burn is free right now for Playstation Plus members..........Not on PC but free is nice, if you have Plus.[/QUOTE]

and it isnt very good either.

That's the cheapest I've seen Plants vs Zombies go, and I've been keeping tabs on the price since it first came out. Definitely not gonna pass that deal up.

[quote name='pstriple']That's the cheapest I've seen Plants vs Zombies go, and I've been keeping tabs on the price since it first came out. Definitely not gonna pass that deal up.[/QUOTE]

Yea it is the cheapest I've seen it. I think last years sale was only about 30% off for PvZ

[quote name='lllGurulll']I'm holding off on that one for a lower price.[/QUOTE]
Last Christmas the lowest any Popcap game went was $7.. $5 might be the sweet spot.

$3 or less is my buy point for pretty much any game. Picked up

Overlord ($1.50), Nation Red ($3.33), Frontlines ($3), and Zombie Bowling ($2.50) for 10 bucks. Good deal.

Total spent this sale: $27.65. Agh, Steam is going to bleed me dry with all these sales they've been having recently. My wallet starts whimpering every time I start up Steam these days.

And it might not be over, depending on what THQ game goes on sale tomorrow...

Mother fuck. I just bought amnesia yesterday for full price. I hate digital but game looked like it was worth a go, I love the whole cthulhu overtone it has to it.

[quote name='mgford11']Is there any difference in the iPhone version of pvz and the pc/steam one?[/QUOTE]

There is a lot more content in the PC version, if your only 2 options for playing it is iPhone and PC then the PC version is the one to get but you can get both for 5.98 so might as well get both :D Personally I like the iPad version best but I don't have one so I had to settle for the iPhone and XBLA versions, since I got the XBLA one for free I might have to get this one too :D

Is there a way to get MJ back in PvZ? A hack or something?

meh, nothing really that interesting for me...TF2 perks my interest now and again, but I'll wait and see if it goes on mega-sale @ x-mas.

[quote name='caldazar']meh, nothing really that interesting for me...TF2 perks my interest now and again, but I'll wait and see if it goes on mega-sale @ x-mas.[/QUOTE]

I got it for 2.49 last year during a sell :D

[quote name='jrhawk42']Nation Red looks interesting.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39800/
anybody tried this? It seems like like Alien Swarm but w/ zombies.[/QUOTE]
It plays kind of like Alien Swarm, but the only goal is to survive and/or rack up the largest score possible. It's kind of fun, if you're looking for some mindless action. There's a demo, you could try it out before buying it.

Do games sold on Steam that usually have Xbox Live achievements still have that functionality? In particular, Fallout 3 and Batman AA.

[quote name='pholly']Do games sold on Steam that usually have Xbox Live achievements still have that functionality? In particular, Fallout 3 and Batman AA.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, if a game on steam requires GFWL (like Batman AA), then it will still require it through steam, and will therefore have XBL achievements. Can't verify personally, though.

Dilemma:

I love Worms and this would be a no-brainer if the 360 version wasn't the buggiest fuck fuck that ever fuck fuck, so I don't know what to do here.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Dilemma:

I love Worms and this would be a no-brainer if the 360 version wasn't the buggiest fuck fuck that ever fuck fuck, so I don't know what to do here.[/QUOTE]

Worms Reloaded is much better than Worms 2. It has more single-player content, new weapons, wayyy more customization of gametypes/etc, and most importantly, custom maps! See the discussion thread in the OP.

And as for Plants vs Zombies, yes, the PC version has much more content than the iPhone version. Definitely worth buying even if you already have it on iPhone.

bread's done
Back