Steam Holiday Sale - Chances for free games for completing achievements!

[quote name='tankyroo']It didn't take that long, I would say ~20 minutes, It took about half a game. But I've played before, so it might take longer if you've never played.[/QUOTE]

thanks! i'd rep you if i could

I have 50% off silent hill homecoming, 50% THQ title, and 25% valve title for trade, will take some coal.

Please PM me if anyone's interested.

Yay another F2P-game-achievement!
Rise of Immortals
Supporter - Get 10 assists in a match.

Also, got a 50% off Rock of Ages coupon. Anyone wanna trade it? It's basicly worth 4€ (the game is 8€ and with 50% off it's 4€)

anyone doing the trade achievement? i'll trade coal for coal or 25% off valve for anything if anyone actually wants it.

Steam: ToddManG

[quote name='ToddManG']anyone doing the trade achievement? i'll trade coal for coal or 25% off valve for anything if anyone actually wants it.

Steam: ToddManG[/QUOTE]

it's pointless to try and trade now or I'd take you up on your offer. The servers are being hammered so it usually just keeps timing out.

Got my seven pieces of coal, should I trade them in and cross my fingers or should I keep them and most likely not win anything?

Update: Just crafted them, got 50% off introversion complete pack. I already have all of those games D:

[quote name='tankyroo']New objectives!
Lets hope we all get something good today :D

P.S. CrimeCraft is free to play.[/QUOTE]

10 gig download. gz.

Just did the Jamestown achievement, I wish I would have played that game sooner, it's really fun!

Got a piece of coal though.

I'm quite lucky with this I think. I got:
6 coal
Two Worlds II
Half-Life 2
Jamestown Deluxe Pack
2 coupons

Still got 2 more achievements to do for today, hoping for another game. Shame I already had Half-Life 2. Also already had Jamestown, but atleast the Deluxe pack also had the DLC. Always better then a worthless coupon.

[quote name='Tailsk']I'm quite lucky with this I think. I got:
6 coal
Two Worlds II
Half-Life 2
Jamestown Deluxe Pack
2 coupons

Still got 2 more achievements to do for today, hoping for another game. Shame I already had Half-Life 2. Also already had Jamestown, but atleast the Deluxe pack also had the DLC. Always better then a worthless coupon.[/QUOTE]
Nice, I've only gotten a bunch of coupons.

ya stuck on coal. did jamestown and yet it moves. both enjoyable games and for once everything worked smoothly. 2 coal. i'll do crimecraft later for some more coal.

Is there a list of the easy achievements that don't require full games.

So far I have gotten
-Check Your Inventory
-Join 2011 group
-Audiosurf (Owned full game)

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']Is there a list of the easy achievements that don't require full games.

So far I have gotten
-Check Your Inventory
-Join 2011 group
-Audiosurf (Owned full game)[/QUOTE]

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Steam_Treasure_Hunt_Wiki There's a couple more easy ones coming that don't require full games. Like linking your facebook, having 10 items on your wishlist. Also alot of the games in the Humble Bundles are achievement games.

I got 2 gold coupons. Those can be used on the sale. I went through trading with various people and now I have amnesia, portal 2, and metro 2033. :D

did anyone get the crimecraft achievement to work? just scored 200+ points in a single round but it won't complete. :(

I wonder if I can stack the coupons after the sale. I have a 50% and 25% off coupon for any Valve game. Here's hoping I can get CS:GO with a sweet discount. =)

[quote name='r3m1x']I wonder if I can stack the coupons after the sale. I have a 50% and 25% off coupon for any Valve game. Here's hoping I can get CS:GO with a sweet discount. =)[/QUOTE]

Unless your coupons are different than mine, they are only good on games released before jan 2nd, so, um, no, that won't work. Most of the non-gold coupons are worthless because most of the games are on sale cheaper right now than the coupon price would be.

I like this.
Even if the only things I got are two coupons, 50% Everything valve and 50% X3 Gold, wich i'm not going to use and four pieces of coal. Atleast it makes me play some of my never before touched indie games like Jamestown! xD

I got 50% off Silent Hill Homecoming.

Also, the Atom Zombie Smasher achievement is way too hard. Especially because there are so many glowing things it lags like crazy.

[quote name='tankyroo']Also, the Atom Zombie Smasher achievement is way too hard. Especially because there are so many glowing things it lags like crazy.[/QUOTE]
Turn on Netbook mode in the options ;)

[quote name='Maxwood']Turn on Netbook mode in the options ;)[/QUOTE]

THIS^_^

I couldn't get past the first few waves and it seemed impossible. Then turned on that option and started to get the hang of it. Lasted til like Wave 11.
Just more coal. Seems like Valve turned off the gift faucet.

[quote name='tankyroo']I got 50% off Silent Hill Homecoming.

Also, the Atom Zombie Smasher achievement is way too hard. Especially because there are so many glowing things it lags like crazy.[/QUOTE]

I have a Borderlands GOTY 50% off coupon I would trade for that or other 50% coupons.

[quote name='mietha']Unless your coupons are different than mine, they are only good on games released before jan 2nd, so, um, no, that won't work. Most of the non-gold coupons are worthless because most of the games are on sale cheaper right now than the coupon price would be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. =)

[quote name='smellhasreturned']I just got the worst possible coupon

50% off Duke Nukem Forever v____v[/QUOTE]

bite your tongue. I love this game :p also the new DLC is far better than the original game.

Holy crap, the grand prize is EVERY single game on Steam?!?! One lucky bastard is going to have the time of his life

What the hell...
I just completed the Rusty Hearts achievement and I already had the TF2 achievement but... it still says I haven't unlocked them on the TGGP page. Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='Headhumper']What the hell...
I just completed the Rusty Hearts achievement and I already had the TF2 achievement but... it still says I haven't unlocked them on the TGGP page. Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

Check the Steam thread in the deals forum, you're not the only one having that issue. I'm having the same problem with the Revenge of the Titans achievement.

[quote name='sunghost']Check the Steam thread in the deals forum, you're not the only one having that issue. I'm having the same problem with the Revenge of the Titans achievement.[/QUOTE]

Alright. Hope the fix it soon :whistle2:(

[quote name='Headhumper']Haha! Oh look... 2 coal. Awesome. :|[/QUOTE]

At least coal can be turned into something useful, unlike 50% off TheBox :/ That game looks so stupid.

Anyway, I'm sitting at 6 coal right now so I might try and get that Revenge of the Titans achievement later today so I can turn this coal into something useful.

Not sure if anyone can help with this, but is Portal 2 supposed to be in my inventory? When I checked my inventory and clicked on it, that's how I got that first objective. Any insight would be great, thanks

My dad's been hoping he'll get Portal 2 or L4D2, I'm hoping he does too so we can play together. I just got Section 8 Prejudice by trading my 7 coal. :)

Alright. Now I have 7 coal. Should I craft them to a gift or should I save them for the Epic Holiday Giveaway?

I just need to trade to get the Trading achievement. Anyone wanna trade some coupons to accomplish it?

Not sure if I show up under Racer1309 or LightLogic on steam, Thanks!

[quote name='Racer1309']I just need to trade to get the Trading achievement. Anyone wanna trade some coupons to accomplish it?

Not sure if I show up under Racer1309 or LightLogic on steam, Thanks![/QUOTE]

added you. I read you can trade coal for coal to get the achievement.

bread's done
Back