STEAM: Indie game sale (10-33% off)

I'm thinking of getting Aquaria too. Direct2Drive seems like a pain in the butt to deal with, so I'd rather pay a few extra and get it through Steam.

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble looks interesting... but I don't think I could download that and not feel a little gay, haha. I know, I'll get it for my sister... riiight.... haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mevo is actually a great game, but on my end, it's plagued with horrible slowdown. I don't get this slowdown with Fallout 3 or anything like that. Gonna try it out a bit more and see how it is, it affects me in that I pretty much can't get the last GRUV for stage 2.

Shame really, the music is fantastic.

i played a few demos of these indie titles to see if any of them would interest me. here are my impressions of a few of them.

-RIP trilogy reminds me of SmashTV (which is a VERY good thing) and is only $4 for 3 games, so i put that in the maybe pile.
-Retro/Grade isn't available yet but it is a rhythm space shooter. very pretty graphics but i was kinda confused.
-Larva Mortus i thought was pretty fun. it's a room-to-room monster slaying game. kill monsters, level up, get more equipment, etc etc etc. might be worth the $8 it's on sale for.
-this isn't part of the thread but i also tried out the wallace and gromit demo, and i'll say that it was a lot of fun! i'm a huge wallace and gromit fan so perhaps that's why i found it so enjoyable. i'm considering paying $26 for the 4 games and the 2 free ones it comes with.

i haven't had the chance to check out other indie games yet, but i wanted to learn more about Merchants of Brooklyn, Space Giraffe, and a lot of the other ones. perhaps maybe somebody might post their impressions?

I tried Retro/Grade, and it makes sense, but there isn't enough variety in it to make it visually interesting, and the music isn't addicting at all.

Space Giraffe makes a LOT of sense when it clicks, if you don't understand the game, you might hate it. Essentially you're trying to keep yourself alive until you can "bull" off the enemies for a score multiplier. You can shoot the enemies, but that's less of a score, but required to stay alive against bullets and flowers and possibly other enemies. The key is avoiding bullets and flowers(shooting them beyond a certain point), then bulling the normal enemies. There's a demo on the official site, give it a try. For $18? It's either $5 or $10 on the XBLA, so I'm not sure. Not that it's horrible, but the price difference hurt Llamasoft in this case. Gonna give a wait, but might give in before the sale is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordwow']I may grab Defcon[/quote]

I bought it. I was waiting for another weekend deal on it, but since it's a couple years old now I suspect I would have waited forever. $6.69 is pretty cheap, though I really get excited over the $2.50 deals (got Trials 2 and AudioSurf for that much)

As for Abe's - I bought it when they released it on steam for like 13.50, so 3.50 is amazing. They're solid games (and really hard) for that price.

[quote name='cheapo72']1) It might be nice if they had this sale when all the games on the indie promotion page were actually available for sale.

Braid, And Yet It Moves, Between, Musaic Box, etc.

2) Am I the only one unable to download the demos for Musaic Box & Between?[/QUOTE]

musaic box is also on direct2drive's sale for $5
the demos (and screenshots) were acting wonky for me yesteday, but are ok now.

I went ahead and bought Aquaria on Steam. I'd just rather have it on there because I already have most of my games on Steam and can easily play it on other computers now if I wanted to. (After I bought it I also noticed that you also get achievements with Steam, heh. So there's another reason).

[quote name='RollingSkull']I am somewhat dismayed now that I realize it wasn't releasing in 24 hours but instead releasing a MONTH from now. It feels like I was just dug into for additional capital. Caveat emptor and all that, but I doubt I'll be buying in on any further of Steam's experiments. Monster Truck Nitro was a disappointment and this is now a bit of an irritant.[/QUOTE]

How is this different from any pre-order? I don't get how you can call a pre-order an "experiment." I guess I'm miffed that you feel like you're being "dug," when you got the game at half off, and are now complaining simply because you failed to properly read the release date.

Also, regarding Monster Truck Nitro: there is a demo, ya know.

A few Indie titles that had no price when the sale started are priced now and are on sale for 10% off.

And Yet It Moves - $14.99 ($13.49)
Musaic Box - $9.99 ($8.99)
Mevo and the Grooveriders - $9.99 ($8.99)

bread's done
Back