Steam - Lucasarts Adventure Pack - $9.99

etcrane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Finally, after several months of waiting, Steam has released the Lucasarts Adventure Pack - 4 Sweet Games for only $9.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2102/

Games include Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the Dig, and LOOM.

An incredible deal for those of you who haven't picked these up yet.

Also, just an fyi ... the Jedi Knight Collection was just released for $19.99 - includes everything from Dark Forces through Jedi Knight Academy. Great deal as well!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/

I'm all up on this like an ant on cotton candy.
Now they just have to put out all that Tentacle PC madness, and I'll be on that like a pyro at a campfire.

[quote name='distgfx']Dark Forces on Steam isn't exactly the ideal version.[/url][/QUOTE]

You mean Dark Forces II, right? There is nothing wrong with the version of Dark Forces that's on Steam.

Knights of the Old Republic is finally on Steam as well for $9.99.

I'd pounce, but if they have another amazing sale like last year where everything gets a discount, I'd be better off waiting until then.

*sigh* I already bought all of these (except Fate of Atlantis which I actually still have a CD-ROM of :p). I wish they'd released this when they actually released the games.

I've still got the legitimate CD copies of Day of the Tentacle/Indiana Jones and the Fate of Antlantis (Or whatever the indy game is) w/full sounds.

[quote name='asianlikerice']i was expecting "day of the tentacle" or monkey island, this is disappointing[/QUOTE]

That would be LucasArts Archives Vol. I, which included Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max Hit the Road, and Fate of Atlantis, or the nearly as awesome LucasArts Archives Vol. III, featuiring The Dig, Full Throttle, and Monkey Island Madness (MI 1 and 2 on a single CD). Maybe they'll release those packs someday.

not a deal. this isnt a sale. this will be the constant price for this pack indefinitely.

btw, if anyone is interested in the dark forces bundle, direct 2 drive has it for 15$

i hope lucasarts releases their other adventure games in packs later. i know itll cost probably 20$ since the remaining games are a lot more popular/higher quality.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Knights of the Old Republic is finally on Steam as well for $9.99.

I'd pounce, but if they have another amazing sale like last year where everything gets a discount, I'd be better off waiting until then.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Knights of the old republic is well worth the 9 bucks.

[quote name='postulio']not a deal. this isnt a sale. this will be the constant price for this pack indefinitely.

btw, if anyone is interested in the dark forces bundle, direct 2 drive has it for 15$

i hope lucasarts releases their other adventure games in packs later. i know itll cost probably 20$ since the remaining games are a lot more popular/higher quality.[/QUOTE]

Actually this is a deal for anyone who has been waiting since the games were released on Steam several months ago ... they were $20 at launch ... now they are $10 ... it would appear that we have a deal ...

[quote name='VidPower']For anyone buying these games, don't forget that you can run them on SCUMMVM, a perfect emulator for running these old adventure games.[/QUOTE]

I thought you couldn't run the Steam versions through ScummVM.

[quote name='postulio']not a deal. this isnt a sale. this will be the constant price for this pack indefinitely.

i hope lucasarts releases their other adventure games in packs later. i know itll cost probably 20$ since the remaining games are a lot more popular/higher quality.[/QUOTE]

Deal and sale are not synonymous.

[quote name='sweeper1303']But the direct to drive is missing 2 of the games in this collection.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the two it's missing are Jedi Knight (aka Dark Forces 2) and its expansion...which are, apparently, the two that don't work smoothly in Vista.

The bundle is tempting - I used to love those games - but Jedi Knight not working well is almost a dealbreaker for me. :whistle2:k

The adventure games, on the other hand...the only ones I've played have been the Monkey Island and Sam and Max games, so I should pick that up later.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']To be fair, the two it's missing are Jedi Knight (aka Dark Forces 2) and its expansion...which are, apparently, the two that don't work smoothly in Vista.[/QUOTE]
This is correct. Fair warning, but JK can become completely unplayable with a black screen and just a HUD displaying. Additionally, music will be absent since the code originally read straight from the CD and hasn't been updated to accommodate files on your HDD.

Very poorly handled release.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You mean Dark Forces II, right? There is nothing wrong with the version of Dark Forces that's on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I meant Dark Forces II. Sorry about that, should of been more specific.

[quote name='mikejenks']Lucasarts adventure pack that lacks Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango? What a turd.[/QUOTE]

I think they should have called it "LucasArts Adventure Pack Volume I," perhaps. They've said there will be more adventure games to Steam coming later.

And really now, I wouldn't call any pack with Loom, The Dig, and the two Indy games a "turd."

bread's done
Back