Steam - Lucasarts Week - Monkey Island 1/2 & Bundle - 50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Monday:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition $7.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (65)

Tuesday:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (93)

Wednesday:
Empire at War: Gold $5.00 (75% off)

Metacritic:
Empire at War (79)
Forces of Corruption (75)

Thursday:
Star Wars: Battlefront II $5.00 (75% off)
Metacritic (78)

Weekend:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
The Secret of Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle $7.49 (50% off - 63% savings)

================
Weeklong:
Star Wars Collection $49.99 (50% off - 66% total savings)
includes:
Other Lucasarts Games on Steam:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Beat me to it.

Already played TFU on console and that was good enough for me. Besides, isn't the PC version supposed to be a godawful port?

Hoping for a deal on Republic Commando, Battlefront 2 and the Jedi Knight series (Outcast and Jedi Academy in particular).

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Hopefully they have a deal on KotOR. Have my discs somewhere and want to play it again, but I don't ever pay full price on steam :)[/QUOTE]

You missed out when it was $2.50 during a Black Friday daily deal!

Wow, that collection is horrible for the price. There's maybe 4-5 games on the list worth a shit and priced individually come out cheaper than the package altogether.

FYI, SWG is dead. My home server of Bloodfin was the last good server standing and now that it's a ghost town, you can call it.

I've heard that Force Unleashed plays horribly on PC, even with a strong rig. Can anyone tell me how it is before I bite? I for sure can't run it now, but I am upgrading to a pretty powerful PC in the winter (i7 3ghz, 6gb ram, gtx 470, etc). It should be good enough but I remember reading a while ago that the PC port is very poorly made.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm disappointed that there are no Money Island or other adventure games as part of this.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as they aren't Star Wars games, it makes sense that they aren't in the $50 collection. But they might be a daily deal during the week.

I remember hearing that the download/install size for TFU through Steam is huge... not a bad deal; though, I found TFU enjoyable for what it was and definitely worth $7.50 for those who haven't played it.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm disappointed that there are no Money Island or other adventure games as part of this.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's only the first day. We still have four more days to see what other Lucasarts titles will go on sale.

I played through the PS3 version of the game and I picked it up the last time Steam had it on sale for the extra missions. The game has bare bones customization, and it runs at 30FPS locked rather than the console versions which reach 60FPS. The frame rate lock made the game feel slower.

But the game is still fun a definitely worth the price.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']I've heard that Force Unleashed plays horribly on PC, even with a strong rig. Can anyone tell me how it is before I bite? I for sure can't run it now, but I am upgrading to a pretty powerful PC in the winter (i7 3ghz, 6gb ram, gtx 470, etc). It should be good enough but I remember reading a while ago that the PC port is very poorly made.[/QUOTE]

Bought SWTFU during the recent Summer Sale and played it on my new desktop rig (i7 930 , 12 GB RAM, Crossfire HD5780). Had no problems playing it and thought it looked great, but I'm not a graphics whore so there might be something awful like screen tearing that I'm just totally oblivious too.

The only nitpick I had is that the download was insanely enormous (

[quote name='luxarific']Bought SWTFU during the recent Summer Sale and played it on my new desktop rig (i7 930 , 12 GB RAM, Crossfire HD5780). Had no problems playing it and thought it looked great, but I'm not a graphics whore so there might be something awful like screen tearing that I'm just totally oblivious too.

The only nitpick I had is that the download was insanely enormous (

TFU is a pretty crappy PC port but it seemed to run fairly well on my old rig even forcing 8xAA. But beware that the engine is locked to 30 fps and the download is ~30 GB. IIRC the only graphical options are the resolution and a check box for high detail and the loading screens in the menus are annoying.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Thanks for the info, I'm not really nitpicky enough to notice screen tearing either (unless it's REALLY bad like Darksiders was pre-patch) so I'll buy it now for when I get a good system. I was just worried about framerate and other running-the-game type problems, but it doesn't sound like there is any.[/QUOTE]

I'm lucky(?) in that I'm pretty much oblivious to everything save frame rate drops when the game engine is struggling to deal with everything on screen. I don't think I've ever consciously perceived screen tearing - my brain just doesn't register it. So I'm not the best person to discuss PC ports, alas. SWTFU was a blast on my desktop though, even though the size of the download is absolutely ridiculous.

Sadly, after looking in the Steam Store, there's not much in the way of Lucas Arts titles that I want that I don't already own. (LucasArts Adventures, Monkey Island 1&2).

I will throw out (and I don't know if it's related) that Monkey Island 2 is priced at $.99 at the moment on the iPhone, for those of you interested.

I would be down with Dark Forces for the guarantee it would run on my machine and future ones..you know without digging out that old jewel case from 1995!

F.T.L.O.G.! Do not buy SW:TFU! I bought and was tricked by the cheap and tempting price. This game will give you a headache with the bugs and glitches it has........ I won't bother going into the details but if you would like to know please visit the steam forum for the game to see why.

Save your money or better yet just give it to me!

man if that complete collection had KOTOR 2 on it I would've bit. Otherwise, it's very very meh...

Edit: I have always wanted to at least try the Star Wars MMO... I will think about biting but I doubt it will happen...

[quote name='Darknuke']Edit: I have always wanted to at least try the Star Wars MMO... I will think about biting but I doubt it will happen...[/QUOTE]Don't bother; the game was amazing year one and it was all downhill after that.

It might be worth it for me to grab this just for the bonus material. I have the original game for the PS3. Can you play the bonus levels without playing the main game first?

BTW a 30 GB download is beyond ridiculous.

The game is definitely worth it for $7.50. I bought it at that price during the Steam summer sale. Just be sure to have a 360 controller. Even with the fps lock, it's still a steal considering all of the content and that the 360 ultimate sith edition still costs $40 used at gamestop. Don't listen to all the bitching about the pc version, I was able to play it fairly smoothly at 1080p with only a hd3850. And on the download size, it doesn't matter if you have decent broadband and a fairly large hard drive (1tb~$50-60).

I've been tempted to get this a couple of times now, but it's not going to happen. The 30gb size is just too silly for me... I don't think I would bother installing it even if it was free. I just have to facepalm every time I think about it. In the wise words of the Angry Video Game Nerd... "What were they thinking?!?"

Hmm, TFU is the only one I want from this set besides Empire At War and I've passed on it a ton of times. Decisions, decisions.

I bought it. It was cheap. Has good graphics and a decent story line. It will make a good play through for a boring weekend. Yes it may have some problems, but I've played through worse and had a blast.

Bought for the same price from D2D just last week. I knew what type of port it was going into it and I shouldn't have any problem running it, but I hope the second game is ported better.

[quote name='token2k6']I would be down with Dark Forces for the guarantee it would run on my machine and future ones..you know without digging out that old jewel case from 1995![/QUOTE]

Runs on my Windows 7 64 bit machine, so it'll probably run fine for you. Hope they'll do a deal on the Jedi Knight pack for you.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']^This since I missed the Black Friday sale.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $2.50 and I don't even like the game. I figured it was worth trying out. The combat's just awful.

I would love for the Lucasarts Adventure Pack to go on sale. Gimme that for $5 and I'll add it to the impressive stack for unplayed Steam games.

[quote name='hellhunde']I picked it up for $2.50 and I don't even like the game. I figured it was worth trying out. The combat's just awful.[/QUOTE]

I loved it when it came out but don't know if I can go back to it this long after. I don't think the mechanics would have held up well with all the refinements we have seen in newer bioware games.

[quote name='pROvIs']I loved it when it came out but don't know if I can go back to it this long after. I don't think the mechanics would have held up well with all the refinements we have seen in newer bioware games.[/QUOTE]

The only other Bioware game I've played is Mass Effect and Kotor just felt clunky and disjointed by comparison. I can definitely tell how Bioware has refined their style by playing Kotor, but without the benefit of nostalgia, I couldn't find anything to make me play more than a few hours. I've heard Jade Empire still stands up, which is another Bioware game I picked up for cheap on Steam, but have yet to play.

[quote name='hellhunde']The only other Bioware game I've played is Mass Effect and Kotor just felt clunky and disjointed by comparison. I can definitely tell how Bioware has refined their style by playing Kotor, but without the benefit of nostalgia, I couldn't find anything to make me play more than a few hours. I've heard Jade Empire still stands up, which is another Bioware game I picked up for cheap on Steam, but have yet to play.[/QUOTE]

Jade empire's mechanics were a bit more refined and some of the bugs were worked out but the story and experience to a star wars fan was no where near the same thing.

damn!!! Definitely gonna get this, what a no-brainer. Didn't this have some kind of primitive DLC back in the day? Does Steam version have any of that?

what is, under graphics req., "Hardware T&L" ?? All I have is puny on-board graphics..

[quote name='token2k6']damn!!! Definitely gonna get this, what a no-brainer. Didn't this have some kind of primitive DLC back in the day? Does Steam version have any of that?

what is "Hardwaer T&L" ?? All I have is puny on-board graphics..[/QUOTE]

It was one of the first games i think with some basic XBL DLC but I dont even remember what it was. Might be light saber crystals or something.

[quote name='pROvIs']It was one of the first games i think with some basic XBL DLC but I dont even remember what it was. Might be light saber crystals or something.[/QUOTE]
It was the now infamous 'Force Armor' DLC.

bread's done
Back