STEAM Rockstar Collection $42.50

gamer1233

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
header.jpg

Steam is having a rockstar games sale, right now they have the Rockstar Collection on sale all week for $42.50

If you missed the Bully deal, newegg has a better price. Thanks goes to EliotAndrews for the alert.

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
$5.99 (FREE SHIPPING)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832262074

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skull333']Aw man, i'm late to this... so does this mean a San Andreas sale won't happen again? It seems as though a sale for this game happened earlier and i missed it. I've been meaning to buy just that game... I hope they discount it again.[/QUOTE]Vice City was on sale. Maybe they will have a San Andreas sale during the week?

[quote name='gamer1233']Vice City was on sale. Maybe they will have a San Andreas sale during the week?[/QUOTE]

Whew ok great! Thanks for clarifying that. I'll keep my eyes open. Hopefully they have this 2 hour sale during a time where I am on the computer...

This deal is REALLY tempting...let's see if I can talk my way into it, shall we?

I already have Bully: SE, Max Payne 1 & 2 , GTA: VC, and GTA: SA for PC (retail). I have GTA IV for PS3, and I have Manhunt for PS2. The only games from this pack that I have on Steam are Max Payne 1 & 2 (hence I have already doubled up on that series by both retail and Steam).

But if I buy this pack, I technically would only have to eat MP 1 & 2 (for the 3rd time) as they are the only games I own on Steam from this pack. And for less than the cost of Episodes from Liberty City and GTA IV, I get it all conveniently on Steam.

Then again...I still have to pre-order Red Dead Redemption and UFC 2010 (still deciding whether to PO via Gamestop or Amazon).

Damn....what should I do? The practical fellow in me says I should save the money for RDR and UFC.

I'm trying to resist, but my gut tells me I'll probably hold out til Wed, Thurs at most.

I was really wanting to get a copy of Manhunt on PC and I really wanted to get GTA4, but I didn't want to buy it last week during the D2D sale. I haven't played the Max Payne games in a while, but I really liked them and I wanna trade my copy of the first one for a digital. I also wanted Liberty City stories. Damnit, this is almost too good to pass up.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']How well do Vice City and San Andreas perform compared to their console counterparts? I am very interested in revisiting San Andreas but don't want to get the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

Kick-ass. Native widescreen, high resolutions, and mods out the wazoo for GTA III/VC and SA. The only downside is there is no analog brake/throttle support, unlike the consoles. Makes driving kind of tough.

Thanks jp0213, for the update on Bully - Though it's only 30 FPS, it sounds more than playable. Let's hope there's a good deal planned. (Otherwise, I may buy the whole Rockstar Pack.)

good luck to everyone..my PC would only run half these games, and one pill is hard to swallow. if they had broken them up, I may have gotten a few..oh well

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thanks jp0213, for the update on Bully - Though it's only 30 FPS, it sounds more than playable. Let's hope there's a good deal planned. (Otherwise, I may buy the whole Rockstar Pack.)[/QUOTE]
Oh most definitely playable and with the lower requirements it should run on a large portion of machines.

o OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista
o Processor: Intel Pentium 4 (3+ GHZ) / AMD Athlon 3000+
o Memory: 1 GB RAM
o Graphics: DirectX 9.0c Shader 3.0 supported, Nvidia 6800 or 7300 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better
o DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
o Hard Drive: 4.7 GB free space
o Sound Card: DX9-compatible
o Input: Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox 360 Controller supported

if i didnt already own all of those id have mounted and made love to this deal. its worth it for gta4 and the episodes alone, the rest is just icing on the cake.

Yea, I'd advise waiting until later in the week for the R* pack, to see if the individual stuff isn't cheaper getting it piecemeal during the daily sales. Though if you really wanted the Episodes, probably worth it to buy it right now since I doubt it'll be on sale.

Don't forget that Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City are Games For Windows Live titles! That means you can earn Achievements for your Xbox Live GamerTag, even if you've already played through the console versions.

I bit, I own I own vc and SA on console and max payne 1 & 2 on pc, but need 4 and stories, too good to pass up. Been wanting to play Bully for a while now as well.

Too many games, not enough time :(

How often are these two hour sales happening? It sucks I missed out on the Vice City one.

Manhunt is alright. I haven't finished it though, and it was on the PS2. But it was an interesting premise, although a bit rough around the edges.

what makes the episodes from Liberty city any good? I played GTAIV for a good amount of time on PS3 when it was launched, never returned haha. Wondering how good the episodes are, I would consider purchasing the pack since I don't own any

fucking balls, are they seriously going to be doing these at all hours of the day? Oi.

If they're seriously going to be doing these "quick deals" this frequently over the week, they'll have to put everything Rockstar has on sale. They only have 10 games on Steam (not counting the freebies, GTA1+2 and Wild Metal).

There is a homemade patcher that works for Win7 though, it's on the steam forums.

Edit to add. I dont think I'm going to bite :D

Spent many nights with this game on ps2 already. Total mind fuck, makes you trip balls.

Any game you play on the mac version of steam requires the devs to release a version that is devloped for OSX. Steam OSX doesn't make all games run on OSX.

Mythus, they never had Bully by itself, there's still time it might show up.

Damn Mythus, nearly had a heart attack ... until I realized that no ... none of us 'missed' Bully :wall: ... hopefully we'll all be up when Bully goes on sale for a reasonable price.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']fucking balls, are they seriously going to be doing these at all hours of the day? Oi.

If they're seriously going to be doing these "quick deals" this frequently over the week, they'll have to put everything Rockstar has on sale. They only have 10 games on Steam (not counting the freebies, GTA1+2 and Wild Metal).[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I thought it would be one per day, so I'm real grateful I bothered to check CAG and Steam before I went to bed. These sales start a little late for those of us on the east coast, imo.

I wonder why Manhunt 2 isn't on Steam though? I passed on the D2D sale last week not owning the original, and now that I do I kind of regret passing it up =/

Makes me wonder if the weekend deal won't be GTA 4 by itself for a cheap price, and then no deal on Episodes, because I really can't see them doing a deal on it a week or two after release.

[quote name='animalspinners']Yea, I'd advise waiting until later in the week for the R* pack, to see if the individual stuff isn't cheaper getting it piecemeal during the daily sales. Though if you really wanted the Episodes, probably worth it to buy it right now since I doubt it'll be on sale.[/QUOTE]

I was bummed that I had passed Vice City (thinking that picking up the games piecemeal would be better), since now it seems like they'll be doing 2 sales per day and picking up almost the whole pack seems possible.

That was until I realized that the % of savings on the Pack price is already 75%. (What's up with the price on "Bully", though?)

[quote name='HeSaveDave']virus? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, too many recommendations for it. I downloaded it and scanned it and it looks clean. My copy of Manhunt is downloading on steam now, once it finishes I will apply the patch and see what happens and report back.

Just got Manhunt, been curious about it for a long time. For $2.50, why not? Just a few minutes left.

My predictions: Max Payne 1+2 bundle for $5 or $7.50. GTA3 and SA for $2.50, separately. Bully for $10. Midnight Club 2 just for the hell of it.

In for Manhunt - I'll just play it on my older XP PC if I have issues with it in Windows 7. I'm hoping now for a nice deal on the GTA pack, since I have EFLC already (EFLC isn't in the pack). It's probably not going to happen, as it seems like they're going to have these 2-hour sales on individual titles, but you never know. =P

Crap, I'm too late for Manhunt :(. Oh well, wasn't sure on that whole patch deal to make it work on Win7, but let me know how it works. Maybe I'll find the game cheap used for the PS2 instead.

Wow. I had it in my cart and filled out everything.. then when I went to review my purchase, it jumped to $9.99!!! No money for Steam!

[quote name='Vendetta']In for Manhunt - I'll just play it on my older XP PC if I have issues with it in Windows 7. I'm hoping now for a nice deal on the GTA pack, since I have EFLC already (EFLC isn't in the pack). It's probably not going to happen, as it seems like they're going to have these 2-hour sales on individual titles, but you never know. =P[/QUOTE]

I'm a retard. I misread you :p

If anyone is wondering, all the patcher is doing is editing 1 or 2 lines of HEX in the exe to make it compatible with Vista. Hell, if you google it, you can even find the tools and information to do it yourself.

All the patcher seems to be doing is making the edits for you and recompiling.

It's such an easy fix that I'm shocked Rockstar doesn't take 5 minutes out of their day to update the .exe and provide a new one. Hell, the work was done 2 years ago by people on the Steam forums.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I'm a retard. I misread you :p[/QUOTE]

He was referring to the GTA Pack...not the Rockstar Pack. GTA Pack doesn't have EFLC.

...and you apparently figured out what he meant right after I wrote the above. ;)

Yea, I must be bad at reading tonight. I totally blanked when it came to the GTA pack, forgot it was there.

I find it funny that it costs more than the collection.

OK, I just tried the patch and got Manhunt running in Windows 7 with no problem. Looks a lot nicer than the PS2 version I played before, much like all the PC versions of GTA vs the console. Obviously too late to buy Manhunt by itself on sale now but for those thinking of getting the Rockstar pack, keep the Manhunt patch in mind if you have Vista/Windows 7.

bread's done
Back