STEAM Rockstar Collection $42.50

gamer1233

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
header.jpg

Steam is having a rockstar games sale, right now they have the Rockstar Collection on sale all week for $42.50

If you missed the Bully deal, newegg has a better price. Thanks goes to EliotAndrews for the alert.

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
$5.99 (FREE SHIPPING)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832262074

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Yea, I must be bad at reading tonight. I totally blanked when it came to the GTA pack, forgot it was there.

I find it funny that it costs more than the collection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really odd they don't lover the price of the GTA Pack. Oh well...this isn't the only time Steam has been a bit quirky with its prices.

Geez, won't they consider people in other parts of the world? The Manhunt sale came on at 3 am where I'm in the world... when I was sound asleep. Looks like I'll be missing some deals :/

[quote name='TestType']Geez, won't they consider people in other parts of the world? The Manhunt sale came on at 3 am where I'm in the world... when I was sound asleep. Looks like I'll be missing some deals :/[/QUOTE]

I'm in the US, West Coast, but I agree. You'd think it shouldn't be too much trouble to implement sales into the system reflecting different time zones so they can maximize their advertisement, and ultimately, profits. And they say Valve loves money. ;)

This whole 2-hour sale deal screams "price experiment", as Valve has talked about doing such things in the past. Like the midweek deals which happen all the time now, they're probably trying this out to see if it increases sales by putting it in a short time window. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm in the US, West Coast, but I agree. You'd think it shouldn't be too much trouble to implement sales into the system reflecting different time zones so they can maximize their advertisement, and ultimately, profits. And they say Valve loves money. ;)[/QUOTE]

Indeed, if Steam is to be the number one digital game distributor worldwide and do extremely limited deals like this, I would hope they work out some system for the time zones.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']This whole 2-hour sale deal screams "price experiment", as Valve has talked about doing such things in the past. Like the midweek deals which happen all the time now, they're probably trying this out to see if it increases sales by putting it in a short time window. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, it might get them more page views since some people will be constantly refreshing the page, but I think by the time word gets out to a major part of their potential buyers the deal is already over. Probably gets more impulse buys this way though so maybe it works out in the end.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']This whole 2-hour sale deal screams "price experiment", as Valve has talked about doing such things in the past. Like the midweek deals which happen all the time now, they're probably trying this out to see if it increases sales by putting it in a short time window. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.[/QUOTE]
The percentage of sales is probably higher among the number of people who see it. But compared to the normal ~72 hour sales, that's nothing.

Maybe, but so far they're trying it on really old games that have already been on sale before. I think it's plausible that a game like Vice City, which is super old and has been on sale before, could conceivably do similar sales in a rush 2-hour sale that it would do as a midweek or weekend deal at this point in its lifetime. The fact that this Manhunt sale was at such a weird time (11 PM PST) when much fewer people would be awake seems oddly deliberate.

Btw, no need to constantly fresh the homepage. Rockstar has a Steam group that's pushing out the sale updates via RSS.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rockstargames_group

Doh missed Manhunt. I don't like these 2 hour sales. I need Valve to call me whenever a sale happens!

so i already have some of the stuff in this pack. anyone know if i purchase this rockstar pack if i can gift the games that will be duplicate purchases?

[quote name='the KOPE']so i already have some of the stuff in this pack. anyone know if i purchase this rockstar pack if i can gift the games that will be duplicate purchases?[/QUOTE]

No you don't get additional copies if you already own one of the games in the pack.

The rockstar pack sounds good, but I have GTAIV on PC, and the episodes on ps3. Then everything else on ps2(well almost everything else :D) Here's to hoping a max payne bundle!

Don't want the whole pack but I would have bought Manhunt at that price. Stupid short term sale :(

[quote name='cheapo72']GTAIV is up now for 75% off ($7.50).[/QUOTE]

Yep, it looks like they upped the window to 3 hours, and it ends at 1 PM PDT.

I passed on the D2D and GFWL deals knowing Steam would have a similar sale, so I'm jumping on this despite owning it on 360.

Luckily, the only game left I don't own and am interested in would be Bully, and then I don't have to worry about these silly 3 hour sales anymore.

I made a new thread for it so it gets maximum exposure.

It seems they are doing what we've always wanted, which is offering each game individually from the bundle...but for only a few hours and randomly. The bundle's total individual price would be $170, so $42.50 would be 75% off, which is the same discount all of these mini sales have been. However, I can't possibly see Episodes going on sale by itself, but who knows.

This is getting to be re-goddamned-diculous. I get home from class at 1:30 (which I consider pretty early for west coast) and it's already OVER?!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm in the US, West Coast, but I agree. You'd think it shouldn't be too much trouble to implement sales into the system reflecting different time zones so they can maximize their advertisement, and ultimately, profits. And they say Valve loves money. ;)[/QUOTE]
It does seem like, if there's exactly one sale per day anyway, that the sales could go all day...

[quote name='mokmoof']It does seem like, if there's exactly one sale per day anyway, that the sales could go all day...[/QUOTE]

Yesterday had two sales. Everyone is assuming a second sale will be up tonight sometime.

I got GTA IV. Not really interested in anything else. I just want to try a GTA game.

If anyone missed it, it'll surely be on sale again in the future.

Fingers crossed for any sort of sale on Episodes from Liberty City ... unlikely at this point in time, but worth keeping an eye out for.

Speaking of which, I know that the multiplayer aspect of the original 2 downloads for LIVE was split, in the sense that you had new items in Lost & Damned and then if you downloaded Gay Tony, it had more items but seemed like separate multiplayer from vanilla GIV or L&D. Does the PC version rectify this by having everyone in MP gain access to all the items from the 3 games in one multiplayer pool or is it segmented?

If I'm not clear, what I mean is, from my understanding on the 360, if I had vanilla GTA IV I wouldn't have access to the new items in either DLC in multiplayer, so I'm assuming they were different servers accessed via the in-game menus? Have they corrected this in the PC version so that the player base (which was already shrinking on the 360) has been combined on PC and isn't a few folks here and there?

I always enjoyed the multiplayer but it started getting annoying when they fractured the community via the DLC episodes.

Man, that's really lame to hear ... am I the only one that wishes they had just updated the multiplayer for each title as a single unit? I know there would be bitching from one side or another, because it would either require the purchase of the DLC to continue playing multiplayer or it would have to be a free update, but it just seems ridiculous to fracture the user base like that. I would assume that Gay Tony currently has the most active online community at the moment for PC?

Actually I'm pretty sure the main GTAIV has the most active. Atleast on consoles. I don't play GTAIV online on PC. Too many cheaters. Free roam though is pretty fun with people cheating.

Not the most amazing deal, since I believe the two Max Payne's together were $3.75 during a previous sale. Still, I recommend the series because, during their respective release times, the Max Payne's were graphical marvels and had fun gameplay. (I recommend the first over the second, though.)

Of course, I have to throw in my obligatory complaint about Steam's little "timed sales" experiment: This "Miss a Deal by an Hour" idea isn't Steam's shining moment.

I bit, even though I should have bit back when they were $3.75. I'll probably grab every one of these mini sales except for the racing game, Bully, and SA. I still have my 1st edition (Pre-Hot-Coffee) disc and book on the shelf next to me. Although having it on Steam would be convenient, $5.00 is too much for a duplicate, I'd jump on $2.50 for it and Bully though.

I also have my doubts about Episodes being a solo deal but who knows.

[quote name='vherub']the rockstar collection at 42.50 is 75% off, so there is a chance episodes will get a shot on it's own at 75% off[/QUOTE]

Rockstar has 10 games in their collection(not counting the free ones that are only included in the bundle). If they keep up the pattern of 2 games a day, episodes will have to come up eventually, and so far everything has been 75% off. I'm not really expecting to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did show up.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Rockstar has 10 games in their collection(not counting the free ones that are only included in the bundle). If they keep up the pattern of 2 games a day, episodes will have to come up eventually, and so far everything has been 75% off. I'm not really expecting to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did show up.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday they only did 1 game, so they could easily do another day of just one deal, either way no one has any way of knowing if it'll come up or not. I'm sure it won't be 75% off if it does go on sale though, more like 33% off.

gta3 was so much fun to mod.

even simple stuff made a huge difference.. if you edit the cfg file and put a - in front of the bullet damage variable, bullets give you health.. good times

[quote name='RockMySocks10']ummm so this is 1 deal yesterday, 3 deals today, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

I thought there were two yesterday, Vice City and Manhunt.

bread's done
Back