Steam Sale: Aliens vs Predator $33.49

good deal just because the game is so new, but I rather wait till Holiday times and hope to pick this up for like $15. It seems like the kind of game that will plummet in price, as it already is beginning to.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']good deal just because the game is so new, but I rather wait till Holiday times and hope to pick this up for like $15. It seems like the kind of game that will plummet in price, as it already is beginning to.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. This one has under $10 sale written all over it.
But for the impatient, a good deal.

Bah, another skip. By the time the Holiday Sale rolls around this'll be 50-66% off. The newly released DLC should be included with this game at no extra charge as well.

Exactly, the community is nearly dead on this game, and I've heard the PC version is in dire need of patching. I owned the Xbox version til earlier this week when I traded, greatly enjoyed it but definitely needed some balancing patching and other fixes. Rebellion is too small a team to quickly fix the game, so by the time this game is bargain bin price, it should be a better game =P

DON'T DO IT!

The game is HORRIBLE!

The community is dead and multiplayer is still horrible. Dedicated servers are STILL in beta.

The single player is abysmal with braindead AI. Each campaign re-uses the same levels. Multiplayer is the same shitty single player levels too.

If you really want it, import it from the UK.

I live in the US but pre-ordered it from Zavvi.com a UK site, it's $30 shipped.

And I still feel ripped off.

Not a bad game, but not worth $33.49 either.

The MP could be real good with some tweaks and fixes.. but I doubt the community will stick around long enough for it, which is a shame, it's definitely something different over the other popular FPSes.

A weekend deal and the game has only been out about a month reeks of desperation, as well.

I agree, I'd stay away from this game or wait until it's dirt-ass cheap during the holidays.

The reasons for these significantly rapid price drops are due to the hardships being experienced within Rebellion. The Oxnard studio has seen a lot of layoffs after the shipping of this game, along with the total closing of their Derby studio.

That being said, you can expect support to be minimal, but more likely non-existent in terms of future patches.

Be smart and play the waiting game with this one.

In the meantime...if you really need a fix for your AvP cravings, the original AvP (selling for $5 on Steam) is an overall better product. Even better, grab AvP2, as Monolith did an outstanding job on that game...which is still the best Aliens game produced to this date.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']
The reasons for these significantly rapid price drops are due to the hardships being experienced within Rebellion. The Oxnard studio has seen a lot of layoffs after the shipping of this game, along with the total closing of their Derby studio.

That being said, you can expect support to be minimal, but more likely non-existent in terms of future patches.

Be smart and play the waiting game with this one.
.[/QUOTE]

And that's the problem, imo.

I had a good deal of fun with the MP in the short time I played it. Grabbing unsuspecting marines and aliens out of the shadows with the predator never got old. I think to myself that if they patched this, and showed it a good level of support, I'd probably dump my PS3 one and pick it up for the PC (that has dedicated servers).

To see that they will probably not get around to fixing it due to internal problems, and their continued support is an $8 map pack released before the game is fixed means the community is just going to go elsewhere.

I was hoping to play a different FPS experience other than Bad Company 2 / Modern Warfare 2 / everything similar but I really don't have high hopes Rebellion will ever fix this game... or fix it before the community leaves.

I'd love to get AvP 2 again (spent a ton of time with the MP on that one) and hope it goes up on Steam eventually.

The same things that will be the downfall of this are the same things that plagued Bioshock 2... it's all about the money and the "premium" map packs before the MP is fixed and 100% playable.

[quote name='Muitabui']:(
I rather have the classic one be on sale this weekend[/QUOTE]

Agreed, at a sale of $2.50 I'd buy AvP Classic in a heart beat :)

rofl you guys really ARE cheapasses :p

AvP Classic 2000 is definitely worth the $5 especially when using them with Mad Max RW's mods over on the Steam forums.

Wow, long time since Steam could entice me to commit to a sale. The entire week of Square deals was nothing I wanted outside of Batman which I had already purchased for $25 and readily beaten.

Nothing.

Not buying this travesty for $33. I could rent it for free on the PS3 and I still won't do that.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Nice sale. I would want the physical copy of the game so I'll wait till it goes on sale for like $20-30 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

The game requires Steam, so the disc essentially becomes a coaster after you attach the game to your account. I know some people like the disc to save bandwidth, but other than that, it doesn't provide much added value.

[quote name='Tancred']DON'T DO IT!

The game is HORRIBLE!

The community is dead and multiplayer is still horrible. Dedicated servers are STILL in beta.

The single player is abysmal with braindead AI. Each campaign re-uses the same levels. Multiplayer is the same shitty single player levels too.[/QUOTE]
This. Spend the money on a good game, like BFBC2.

[quote name='TheMedic00']The game requires Steam, so the disc essentially becomes a coaster after you attach the game to your account. I know some people like the disc to save bandwidth, but other than that, it doesn't provide much added value.[/QUOTE]

Right, this is the case with many games. I just like box-art/manuals/artbooks/special editions for games as I'm a collector. I appreciate these little things being a professional artist myself.

Steam is great btw, I picked up the cheap bundles they had on sale during Christmas and I'm set for the year.

I wouldn't buy this game at $2. For that sake, I wouldn't want to waste any of my currently free 600gb on this PoS game even if it was free. Jodou got it right, if you are going to buy an FPS atleast grab a quality one like BFBC2, or for that sake even fall back on CS:S or TF2.

bread's done
Back