Steam: SEGA Week. (Complete Pack: $89.99)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
promo_image_english.jpg

The Complete Pack comes with over 15 games and several expansion/map packs.

------

Friday: Football Manager 2010 ($19.99, normally $39.99) 50% off [Metacritic: 87]

Thursday: Empire: Total War ($20.40, normally $59.99) 66% off [Metacritic: 90]
Thursday: Napoleon: Total War ($26.79, normally $39.99) 33% off [Metacritic: 81]

Wednesday: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing ($14.99, normally $29.99) 50% off

Tuesday: The SEGA Sci-Fi Pack ($17.49) [The games in this pack are currently individually discounted, as well.]
Tuesday: Space Siege ($5.00, normally $19.99) 75% off [Metacritic: 60]
Tuesday: Stormrise ($7.50, normally $29.99) 75% off [Metacritic: 42]
Tuesday: Universe at War: Earth Assault ($5.00, normally $19.99) 75% off [Metacritic: 77]

Monday: Aliens vs. Predator ($24.99, normally $49.99) 50% off [Metacritic: 68]

------

Is the two-stars rating for my format or the fact that these deals are garbage? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like at least one Konami title has been delisted from Steam, doh. Yeah, they don't have enough titles listed to do a week of sales. Silent Hill and Rocket Knight for cheap would be rad though.

Oh well, This week was lackluster, and I wanted to try total war... anyhoo. Eliot; the thread was well maintained and looked great, thanks for that. Just thought a comment is always nice to receive :)

When the discussion turned to why Sega hasn't released some of its classics on Steam, I thought it would be funny/sad if this promo turned out to be a "buy our pack now before we load it up with good titles for the holidays" sale.

It seems it very well may be.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...NESISacircbdquocent_CLASSICS_COMING_TO_PC.php

Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin, Shadow Dancer, Sonic 3D Blase, Space Harrier, and Vectorman confirmed "from $2.99".

Yup. I'm been talking about the Sega Classics thing for ages, so, I knew all along that this whole sale was timed pretty intentionally.

[quote name='cheapo72']When the discussion turned to why Sega hasn't released some of its classics on Steam, I thought it would be funny/sad if this promo turned out to be a "buy our pack now before we load it up with good titles for the holidays" sale.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...NESISacircbdquocent_CLASSICS_COMING_TO_PC.php

Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin, Shadow Dancer, Sonic 3D Blase, Space Harrier, and Vectorman confirmed "from $2.99".[/QUOTE]

$2.99 each? HA! HA! :roll:

[quote name='cheapo72']When the discussion turned to why Sega hasn't released some of its classics on Steam, I thought it would be funny/sad if this promo turned out to be a "buy our pack now before we load it up with good titles for the holidays" sale.

Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin, Shadow Dancer, Sonic 3D Blase, Space Harrier, and Vectorman confirmed "from $2.99".[/QUOTE]

Even though I own most of those in Genesis cartridge format, I'd be more than willing to entertain a purchase of some of the great Genesis/Master System titles for cheap via Steam. Especially if they are well-done and have the proper support.

Wow, $2.99 or more for old Genesis games that are guaranteed to be poorly emulated and featureless? I recommend Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 over any PC SEGA offering.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Try it yourself?[/QUOTE]
More specifically, Football Manager 2010 is having a free weekend over at Steam; I recommend checking that out.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Wow, $2.99 or more for old Genesis games that are guaranteed to be poorly emulated and featureless? I recommend Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 over any PC SEGA offering.[/QUOTE]

I got a used copy from gamestop at around $9 after discounts. Totally worth it. $3 a pop for EACH game is just too much when you consider how cheap you can get SUGC for.

If you like team management games its great but if you expect fifa 2010 or a soccer playing game where you control the players then this isn't it. Its fun for creating a great soccer team and rising up the ranks. I don't even like soccer and I've spent numerous hours on this game.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Definitely try the demo because it's a really niche game.[/QUOTE]

It's only niche in the US, actually. It's extremely popular in Europe. In fact, it is always in the list of top ten games being played on Steam at any given moment (and that's not just because of the free weekend; a Football Manager game it always, always there). More people are playing Football Manager, than Left 4 Dead 2.

bread's done
Back