Feedback
180 (100%)
header.jpg

spotlight_NEW_friday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_thursday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_wednesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_tuesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_3.jpg

Through the 14th, Steam & Square-Enix/Eidos will be offering sales on some of their catalog of great games.

Weekend Deals:
Batman:Arkham Asylum $24.99 (50% off)
Just Cause $7.49 (50% off)
Batman/Just Cause Bundle $22.09 (66% off)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Ultimate Collection $7.49 (50% off)

Metacritic:
Batman: Arkham Asylum (91)
Just Cause (75)
Final Fantasy XI Online (85)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Chains of Promathia (77)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess (XX)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Treasures of Art Urhgan (83)
Final Fantasy XI Online: A Crystalline Prophecy (XX)

Demos:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Just Cause

Thursday the 11th:
Mini Ninjas $14.99 (50% off)
Gyromancer $7.99 (50% off)
Bundle Pack $15.29 (66% off)

Metacritic:
Mini Ninjas (74)
Gyromancer (71)

Demos:
Mini Ninjas
Gyromancer

Wednesday the 10th:

Tuesday the 9th:
Monday the 8th -
Hitman/Deus Ex Series 50%, or buy them all for 66% off
Deus Ex $4.99 (50% off)
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Codename 47 $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Blood Money $4.99 (50% off)

Hitman/Deus Ex Bundle $16.98 (66% off)
The Hitman Collection $7.99 (60% total savings)
The Deus Ex Collection [currently no savings]

Metacritic:
Deus Ex (90)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (80)
Hitman: Codename 47 (73)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (87)
Hitman: Blood Money (82)

Demos:
Deus Ex & Demo addon mission
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin & Demo 2
Hitman: Blood Money

Last edited by a moderator:
Passing again here and probaly every other day. $5 was the sweet spot....sucks too iv been waiting on Gyromancer since it released! Square just prices their stuff way too high!

Well, this week's deals have kind of sucked, I doubt Friday will make that much of a difference. Still have my fingers crossed for 2.50 Just Cause but I doubt it.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Wow, Monday's deal is still proving to be the best. Gyromancer is pretty cool but not sure about Mini Ninjas. I was still hoping for a $5 price point on Gyromancer though. I'm feeling another day of pass.[/QUOTE]
What's an extra $2.50? Really.

I picked up Gyromancer. Been waiting for it to get at least a 50% off sale forever.

attempted to play the demo of gyromancer but it keeps crashing before it actually launches...anyone having that same problem?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Don't pull that crap, I'm sure a $2 game value instead of paying $7 or regularly $14 is pretty "Cheap Ass" to most people.[/QUOTE]

Say what?

Really, I agree with him. Honestly, I think Geomancer was overpriced to begin with. So $7.50 still feels too high to me for a sale.

For me they're shooting themselves in the foot with the bundle since I'm not all that interested in Gyromancer. Seeing that it's essentially the Mini Ninjas sale price of $14.99 + .30 for Gyromancer, I can't help but feel that buying MN on its own is a horrible deal.

[quote name='hal']For me they're shooting themselves in the foot with the bundle since I'm not all that interested in Gyromancer. Seeing that it's essentially the Mini Ninjas sale price of $14.99 + .30 for Gyromancer, I can't help but feel that buying MN on its own is a horrible deal.[/QUOTE]
Pricing has been wonky all week. The Deus Ex bundle, if you'll recall, was $4 more than just buying Deus Ex and Invisible War separately.

*shrug*

[quote name='Muitabui']attempted to play the demo of gyromancer but it keeps crashing before it actually launches...anyone having that same problem?[/QUOTE]
I had a similar problem with the full version. Apparently well documented. I found that SquareEnix was wanting people to change their desktop resolution to get the game to start and then make change to 16:9 or 4:3 resolution then exit the game and change your resolution back. I just ran it in compatibility mode with 640x480 and then did the recommended changes. Then removed the 640x480 option.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Don't pull that crap, I'm sure a $2 game value instead of paying $7 or regularly $14 is pretty "Cheap Ass" to most people.[/QUOTE]

Relax, and don't pull what crap? To me $7 isn't a deal for this game. I posted the title .gif in response to the person asking what the big deal was about an additional $2.50, thought it was pretty obvious...

I'll try harder next time, would hate for you to feel the need to tell me not to "pull that crap" next time.

[quote name='mokmoof']Pricing has been wonky all week. The Deus Ex bundle, if you'll recall, was $4 more than just buying Deus Ex and Invisible War separately.

*shrug*[/QUOTE]

You might be able to answer this, who sets the sale rates? Not sure if it's Steam or the Publishers...

I know I want Gyromancer cause it's only on Steam and XBLA, so it's not like it's gonna get any cheaper anytime soon. Now the question is whether to pay the extra $7.50 or so for Mini Ninjas...

Anybody that's beaten it care to give approximate length of the game? I'd rather play it on PS3 cause I'm a trophy whore, but the PS3 version goes for about $30 at the moment.

Eeeh, actually looks like I'm gonna pass on both games for now. I've been interested in Gyromancer since it was announced, but after playing the demo I can see Puzzle Quest is a much deeper game, and I prefer tile swap to rotation styled games. Plus PQ has MP, so I'll hold out in case Gyromancer ever goes lower, doubt I'll come back to the game much after I beat it once. And Mini Ninjas being on consoles, it'll fall in due time and I'll be able to trade it when I'm done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine liked and wanted Mini Ninja's for a decent price, but, considering the reviews, I'd pick it up when it enters $7.50 and below range.

As far as I'm concerned, a dollar saved is another dollar towards the next game.

[quote name='CSKit']You might be able to answer this, who sets the sale rates? Not sure if it's Steam or the Publishers...[/QUOTE]

Publisher. Probably why this week has been sucking.

For those that can't see images, it's 50% off FFXI Ultimate, and then 60% off Batman and Just Cause 1 (with it being 66% off for bundle)

Also these deals last tlil Monday

Save up to 66% off Batman: Arkham Asylum and Just Cause and save 50% off FINAL FANTASY XI: ULTIMATE COLLECTION! Deals last until Monday!

[quote name='Warlock82']So same price as the GFWL sale on Batman then, which I suppose is to be expected :p[/QUOTE]

Not even close... GFWL had it for $12.50, Steam has it for $24.99 from what I'm seeing if you get it seperate.

The bundle is $22.09. I'm getting 50% off each game instead of 60% like it's claiming.

I don't think Just Cause is even worth $7.50, tbh. Pretty disappointing last day.

I've also been extremely disappointed by these shitty random "bundle deals". Just do 66% off each game?

Why they even bothered to offer a sale price of Batman at $25 when the pack is $22 is beyond me.

Also, the graphic states 60% off of the Just Cause/ Batman individually - current prices are at 50% off.

Updated OP.

[quote name='animalspinners']Not even close... GFWL had it for $12.50, Steam has it for $24.99 from what I'm seeing if you get it seperate.

The bundle is $22.09. I'm getting 50% off each game instead of 60% like it's claiming.

I don't think Just Cause is even worth $7.50, tbh. Pretty disappointing last day.

I've also been extremely disappointed by these shitty random "bundle deals". Just do 66% off each game?[/QUOTE]

Oh that's right. For some reason I was thinking it was $20. So yeah, this is a crap deal then.

Edit: Also that image lies. 60% off *is* $20, but it's actually only 50% off....

Well, the first day was awesome for me, since I didn't have any of the Deus Ex or Hitman games. Otherwise, I purchased nothing else. Oh well, that first bundle will last me awhile.

Ok, now I'm wondering if 50% off is a pricing error. The image clearly says 60% off, and the bundle is cheaper than Batman alone, which is bass ackwards.

[quote name='Warlock82']Ok, now I'm wondering if 50% off is a pricing error. The image clearly says 60% off, and the bundle is cheaper than Batman alone, which is bass ackwards.[/QUOTE]

If anyone plans to get Batman or Just Cause alone, hold off for the supposed 'real' prices of $20 and $6, respectively. Considering they never fixed the Deus Ex Pack, I'm not sure anyone will catch this.

[quote name='squishface']I'm hoping this is an error ?[/QUOTE]
Nope, it comes with a deactivation tool but the installation limit is still there.

Anyone know if you get the Square-Enix REWARDS points with Steam's version of Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection?

[quote name='squishface']I'm hoping this is an error ?

3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
4 per month machine activation limit "

3rd party DRM in a steam game?!?!? If that is the case then NO WAY!
I thought all steam games had no drm because it is ran off the steam app ?[/QUOTE]

It's correct, unfortunately.

Pick up a boxed retail copy somewhere if you can. Oddly there's no SecuROM on that version.

EDIT: Also.. Just Cause for $7? WTF? It's been hanging out in discount stores for $4-6 for some time now.

[quote name='CSKit']Anyone know if you get the Square-Enix REWARDS points with Steam's version of Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection?[/QUOTE]

Unless I just don't know where to look, I did not get any rewards points when I bought Last Remnant off Steam, so I would doubt that the FFXI collection would have it.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Unless I just don't know where to look, I did not get any rewards points when I bought Last Remnant off Steam, so I would doubt that the FFXI collection would have it.[/QUOTE]

To check, goto the Library, right click the game title and select "View game CD key".

NVM, found the answer, to get points it has to be retail.

[quote name='Shimrra']I am more curious to know with FFXIV around the corner is this game still pay per month?[/QUOTE]Yep - 14.99. I played it when it launched on the PS2 so many years ago.... and I'd consider it again if I didn't recently try out Star Trek Online.

Now, I'm just biding my time until The Old Republic.

[quote name='choral_music']Yep - 14.99. I played it when it launched on the PS2 so many years ago.... and I'd consider it again if I didn't recently try out Star Trek Online.

Now, I'm just biding my time until The Old Republic.[/QUOTE]

It's actually $12.99 per month, and $1 for each additional character you make.

[quote name='speedracer']Did FFXI ever turn into a decent MMORPG? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Sucked up 4 years of my life, I own all the expansions on PS2 (but none of those add-ons except the first one), and I'm highly considering this 7.49 package to restart.

I was told that if I redeemed the registration key from the Ultimate Collection, I'd get access to what content I'm missing (those 2 other add-ons). Do I get the free 30 days, too, since its giving me access to content I lacked previously? XD

[quote name='Ryukahn']It's actually $12.99 per month, and $1 for each additional character you make.[/QUOTE]Cool. I stand corrected.

[quote name='choral_music']Now, I'm just biding my time until The Old Republic.[/QUOTE]
Excellent.

[quote name='plutoknight'] Do I get the free 30 days, too, since its giving me access to content I lacked previously? XD[/QUOTE]From Steam:
Included with your purchase of FINAL FANTASY XI is 30 days of free time. The subscription for this game requires a valid credit card that supports Verified by Visa® or MasterCard SecureCode®.
For those customers that do not have a credit card that supports Verified by Visa® or MasterCard SecureCode®, Square Enix is able to assist you with creating an account.

I'm tempted to do an 8-dollar revisit for 30 days... but I'm likely not.

bread's done
Back