STEAM Tomb raider Anniversary 75% off

[quote name='Jodou']It's a lame deal because the game was MSRP of $20 at release and I got it on sale that week for $10. Great game, but lame deal for something that was almost as cheap back then.[/QUOTE]

I think MSRP was $30-40 at launch, depending on platform, though I could be wrong. Those version you actually own though unlike this, but still nearly free for a great game ain't bad, even with DRM restrictions.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I think MSRP was $30-40 at launch, depending on platform, though I could be wrong. Those version you actually own though unlike this, but still nearly free for a great game ain't bad, even with DRM restrictions.[/quote]
Maybe for console it was, but we're specifically looking at the PC version only.

I kind of doubt this game originally retailed for $20 on the PC. And even if it did, it's on sale for $5. You might have gotten it for $10 awhile ago. Other people didn't. A lame "deal" would be this for $18. That's lame. Getting something for 75% off is not lame.

steam also has a deal on Buccaneer: the pursuit of infamy going also.

i guess they're both good deals, but ill pass :D

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I kind of doubt this game originally retailed for $20 on the PC. And even if it did, it's on sale for $5. You might have gotten it for $10 awhile ago. Other people didn't. A lame "deal" would be this for $18. That's lame. Getting something for 75% off is not lame.[/quote]
I just felt this game should already be $10 if not $5 by now. Matter of perspective TBH.

[quote name='nikkai']And that is coming from an avid PC game player... =)

Don't forget about the NSFW mods out there... haha - PC exclusive ;)[/QUOTE]

well I know... :whistle2:#

But I think the Wii controls would be better than the kb/m.

I know of the 360 controller.... but don't have one yet.

Still a great price for it though!

I was going to get this on PSP to have it portable, but $5 is hard to pass up. I wonder if there are any differences in the two versions.

[quote name='Capitalizt']Yes I believe so...It has the same general gameplay style and "feel" to it...but the environments in Anniversary are a bit more epic...especially in later stages...old school egyptian tombs, the roman colosseum, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "more epic?"

The puzzles in Underworld were much better than Legend or Anniversary IMO. They really opened up the environments in Underworld, so that the puzzles and platforming aren't nearly as linear as they were in previous games. You really are exploring some huge environments, rather than being funneled down a path. Otherwise I agree, the games all have the same general style and feel. Anniversary is certainly worth $5 though.

I just finished TR: Underworld on PS3 last week and I was thinking about getting another TR game to play. Damn, Steam is beginning to read my mind!:shock:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Hmm...I already own a copy for the 360 and PS2, and if I didn't, I'd presumably buy a real copy of this, not a DRMed up one...but for $5...[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity why would you buy this game on the 360 and PS2?

Either way I'm very interested in this. It ran like butter on my PC (the demo).

[quote name='Jodou']I just felt this game should already be $10 if not $5 by now. Matter of perspective TBH.[/QUOTE]

Your logic is bad. The game costs $20 normally, regardless of what you think it should cost. $5 is pretty much the lowest possible price point. Many people will benefit from this deal - the world doesn't revolve around you.

Anyway, Steam's got another game on sale too. Buccaneer is on sale for $9.99, 50% off the regular price.

Yeah, site seems to be down for me too right now. Guess I'll have to check later, thanks for the deal OP!

Edit: Steam's back up now

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Your logic is bad. The game costs $20 normally, regardless of what you think it should cost. $5 is pretty much the lowest possible price point. Many people will benefit from this deal - the world doesn't revolve around you.[/quote]
That's why it's called an opini. . .you know, it's just easier to call you an idiot instead.

[quote name='Jodou']That's why it's called an opini. . .you know, it's just easier to call you an idiot instead.[/quote]

What's your problem? You're contributing absolutely nothing here.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just out of curiosity why would you buy this game on the 360 and PS2?

Either way I'm very interested in this. It ran like butter on my PC (the demo).[/QUOTE]

Not any particularly good reason. I bought it for the 360, and then got the PS2 version when the price dropped. At the time I was thinking maybe I'd be able to standardize on one system, but that doesn't seem to be working out :(

[quote name='Vegan']What's your problem? You're contributing absolutely nothing here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the backup. :) I'll skip out on eating meat today just for you!

I should have played Tomb Raider last night - this is actually the first version I've ever owned, even though I've always been interested in the series. But I ended up starting on Half Life 2 instead; that's been on my backlog for way too long.

[quote name='eastx']Thanks for the backup. :) I'll skip out on eating meat today just for you!

I should have played Tomb Raider last night - this is actually the first version I've ever owned, even though I've always been interested in the series. But I ended up starting on Half Life 2 instead; that's been on my backlog for way too long.[/QUOTE]

Good choice.

[quote name='eastx']Thanks for the backup. :) I'll skip out on eating meat today just for you![/quote]
You guys make a cute couple. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']You guys make a cute couple. ;)[/QUOTE]

Man, you sure continue to contribute intelligent discussion to this thread. You're a valuable member of the CAG community, and absolutely not someone who posted a stupid opinion that no one could possibly defend. There is no way that you'd result to pointless and pathetic insults rather than taking back whatever poorly-thought out posts you made. Good show!

BTW, Acetaminophen is also known as Tylenol. If $5 is too much for you to spend on a game, you may enjoy the generic version of the same medicine. It will help you with those headaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game looks pretty good on my rig. Every time there's one of these sales I end up buying a copy for myself and gifting one to a friend too. It's hard not to with it being so damn cheap.

[quote name='eastx']Man, you sure continue to contribute intelligent discussion to this thread. You're a valuable member of the CAG community, and absolutely not someone who posted a stupid opinion that no one could possibly defend. There is no way that you'd result to pointless and pathetic insults rather than taking back whatever poorly-thought out posts you made. Good show![/quote]
Lol calm down, mate. I think you'll find we're all entitled to opinions, stupid or otherwise.

If you're so butt-hurt over mine, I suggest you find another shoulder to cry on.

:O

Anyway, bought it. I was thinking about picking up buccaneer but I have 4 games coming in the mail this week and Im sick of spending too much money on games I dont play. But 5 isn't so bad. Also, Xiemos, I remember a certain patch for TR back when it was blocky as hell lol. LOL back in the days where getting pictures of it took an hour to DL because of dialup.

[quote name='Xiemos']I implemented a certain patch after buying this game. All is good in the world :D. Thanks Steam.[/QUOTE]

Whoaaaa whoa whoa. No fair mentioning such things and not giving details :p

dammit, it slipped my mind to buy this and now it's gone.

I guess it's good to save $5 but would've liked to have gotten it. oh well.

It's a solid PC game...don't know if its a port or not, but it has no issues on my rig, runs like a dream, and plays pretty well too, although Prince of Persia's incredibly fluid play has spoiled me a bit...I keep thinking I can wall run :D

bread's done
Back