Steam Trading Cards Trading Thread

That's interesting. When I crafted my summer sale badge all I got for it was a related emoticon (summer sale postcard), no coupon. Guess it's not universal.

I got a 50% off Dungeons of Dreadmor coupon from crafting my SART badge. I assume it's worthless, but if anyone has a TWD, Castle Crashers, or SR3 card they'd like to trade for it it's yours.

[Have]
McPixel
Uncle Frank (x2)
Heaven
Hell (x2)
Space Shuttle 23
White House

Organ Trail
Final Stand (x2)
3D Station Wagon
Clements Concept Art
Action Clements
Zombie (x2)
Washington DC

Portal 2
The Lab

Strike Suit Zero
UNE Pilot

The Binding of Isaac
VII The Chariot

Worms Revolution
The Scout
The Heavy
The Soldier

[Want]
Half Life 2
Alyx Vance
G-Man
Gordon Freeman
Bring the fight to them

Portal 2
Chell
GlaDOS
Intro
Mannequin
Underground

Really Big Sky
Mothership
Temporal
Dinosaur

Strike Suit Zero
Captain McCallum
Control
UNE Captain

System Shock (Will trade my They Bleed Pixel cards for these)
SHODAN
Confrontation

Ok, so I crafted my lvl 2 summer sale badge and got a useless coupon that expires in a few days.

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it to keep crafting badges. After all, your Steam level really doesn't do much of anything for you other than giving you more slots for friends (if I could give most of mine away I would, since I couldn't care less about having hundreds of people I don't know on my "friends" list), and more customizations for your profile. Oh, and a slightly higher percentage for card drops.

And then there's the alternative: Put every damned card on the Steam Market @ 1 penny less than anything else listed. Seriously, I tried to buy a card the other day and literally couldn't click the buttons fast enough to get it. The top slots are constantly hammered. At least I'd end up earning money that I could actually buy more games with.

I'm curious what everyone else's opinions are. Do you prefer crafting badges? I really think it might be more fun and beneficial to just craft them for games I truly love (System Shock 2, Thief --if it ever gets cards, Deus Ex --ditto, etc), and sell everything else (if for nothing else than to be able to buy needed cards for the ones I care about).

Have: Complete Steam summer sale cards

Want: $500

Will consider trades for a Ps4 or Xbone.
Dude, you realize you could buy every card there is (10 cards x 5 levels = 50 cards) for about $12.50? +$20-30 or so for the foil set...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have: Complete Steam summer sale cards

Want: $500

Will consider trades for a Ps4 or Xbone.
74cz.jpg

He could be joking, too. Considering the outrageousness of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just having us on. There are friendly trolls in the world.  :)

Do you prefer crafting badges? I really think it might be more fun and beneficial to just craft them for games I truly love (System Shock 2, Thief --if it ever gets cards, Deus Ex --ditto, etc), and sell everything else (if for nothing else than to be able to buy needed cards for the ones I care about).
I plan on crafting for the games I've spent hundreds of hours playing (Skyrim and the Total War series). The remainder I will use as trading fodder. A buddy of mine is crafting Civ. V, but had Shogun 2... we made an even 4 for 4 trade even though we knew we'd probably get nothing but duplicates. I ended up with three duplicates, he ended up with two - but we've at least got cards we can trade for the same game, now.

I'm ditching all of my Saints Row and will probably get rid of my Mount & Blades, too, even though I really dig the artwork.

My real dilemma will be whether or not to craft and get a shitty coupon, or to wait until a seasonal sale when I know my odds of shitty coupons will be less.

I wonder how that works. If you craft a badge during a sale, and get a coupon, you can't use the coupon on a sale item, so it's useless. Or do they simply not give coupons at all for games currently on sale?

And I've gotta say, the brief, set expirations on coupons is just horrible. Bad enough they're always for awful games, or only small discounts if for good games, but having them expire so quickly is really annoying. I imagine most of them end up going to waste.

They really need to give more thought to their rewards system. Not much motivation as things stand now. 

Beat Hazard actually has a new ship unlocked if you complete the foil set... yeah... the foil set.
The dude who made that game is getting absolutely flayed alive in a Steam discussion on the subject. He apparently knew next to nothing about what Foils are ---- his response, "Let's wait and see what happens." re: the rarity of his Foil cards.

Have:

50% off Omerta - City of Gangsters coupon

10% TokiTori 2 coupon

Saints Row 3: ZMOS card

Steam Summer Torchlight II rare profile background

Want: Portal 2 / Civ V cards (any).

Have

Alan Wake

-Barry (2)

-Taken (2)

Awesomenauts

-Clunk

-Derpi Zonk

-Froggy G

-Leon Chameleon

-Voltar the Omniscient (2)

-The Awesomenauts

Bastion

-The Distillery

-The Wilds

-The Windbags

Binding of Isaac

-VII The Chariot

Costume Quest

-Fall Valley

Dead Island

-Sam B

-Banoi Beach

-Royal Palm Resort

-Pool

-Zombie

Droid Assault

-GX series Heavy Guardian

Half Life 2

-G-Man

-Gordon & Alyx (Trading Card) (2)

-Respite

Indie Game The Movie

-Hanging Controller (2)

-Phil

McPixel

-Uncle Frank (2)

-McPixel

-McPixelette

-Megasatan

-Space Shuttle 23

-White House

Offspring Fling

-Momma Flinger

-Acid Spitter

-Spiky Cuddler

-The Mighty Dinobaus

-Mysterious Ninja

Psychonauts

-Edgar

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer

-PanzerKampfWagen IV

-T-34 76

-Gumrak

-Elevator

-Spartanovka

Steam Summer Getaway

-Prison Architect

Team Fortress 2

-ENGINEER (Trading Card)

-HEAVY (Trading Card)

-MEDIC (Trading Card) (2)

-SNIPER (Trading Card)

Terraria

-Glowing Mushrooms

-The Guide (2)

-Minishark

-Night's Edge

The Walking Dead

-Starved for Help (Trading Card) (2)

Want

The Binding of Isaac

-0 The Fool

-I The Magician

-III The Empress

-V The Heirophant

-VI The Lovers

Droid Assault

-A series Assault

-M series Military

-K series Assassin

Psychonauts

-Figments

-Lungfish Citizens

-Milk Man

-Raz

-Velvitopia Villains

Hotline Miami

-Biker

-Pig

-Rooster

Indie Game The Movie

-Danielle

-Renaud

-Jon

Saints Row: The Third

-The Herald of the Walking Apocalypse

-Oleg Kirrlov the Brute

-Pierce Washington

Stacking

-Caviar

-The Exhibit

-The Manda

-Hobos

Steam Summer Getaway

-Bioshock Infinite

The Walking Dead

-A New Day

The dude who made that game is getting absolutely flayed alive in a Steam discussion on the subject. He apparently knew next to nothing about what Foils are ---- his response, "Let's wait and see what happens." re: the rarity of his Foil cards.
Looks like he changed some things around... you now get the Gold ship for the foils (and you could have got it from the last Summer Sale as well).

The coupons you get from crafting suck most of the time. I like crafting most of my badges though because I love the rare/uncommon backgrounds and emoticons I keep getting.

Got my first booster pack, for McPixel! Like a fool, I opened it, got two doubles. Damn that allure of possibly getting a foil!

I've got a 50% off Sniper Elite coupon and two 10% off Toki Tori 2 coupons if anyone wants to chuck me a random card.

Have

----------------

Half Life 2

G-man

Respite

Scribblenauts

Maxwell

Don't Starve

Willow

Wolfgang

Summer Getaway

Skyrim

Football Manager 2013

Want

----------------

Half Life 2

Alyx Vance

Bring the fight to them

Trouble Underground

Scribblenauts

Barrel of Monkeys
Lily
Notebook
Poison Apple

Finally hit Level 10... no booster packs, yet! But I landed an uber-rare Ninja smiley from Shogun 2 that's going for $.50 or so.

[H]
Civilization 5 - Catherine
Civilization 5 - Military x 2
[W]
Civilization 5 - Economic
Civilization 5 - Elisabeth I
Civilization 5 - Washington

I wonder how that works. If you craft a badge during a sale, and get a coupon, you can't use the coupon on a sale item, so it's useless. Or do they simply not give coupons at all for games currently on sale?

And I've gotta say, the brief, set expirations on coupons is just horrible. Bad enough they're always for awful games, or only small discounts if for good games, but having them expire so quickly is really annoying. I imagine most of them end up going to waste.

They really need to give more thought to their rewards system. Not much motivation as things stand now.

I don't know how it will be in the future, but the 10% Tori Toki coupon stacked with the sale a couple of weeks ago.

[H]

Team Fortress 2 Sawmill Strongmann:

Medic
Scout
Sniper
Heavy

Sid Meier's Civilization V:

Catherine

[W]

Tomb Raider:

Crossroads
Parachute
Survivor

Torchlight II:

Berserker
Dark Alchemist
Vilderan

1:1

I don't know how it will be in the future, but the 10% Tori Toki coupon stacked with the sale a couple of weeks ago.
I can tell you that I got a 75% off until 8/4 coupon for Prime World Defenders which is now on sale 33% off until 8/5 and I am not able to use the coupon so yes if the game you have a coupon from crafting goes on sale it essentially worthless as you will not be able to use it.

Toki Tori was a different case in that it stacked and was good for a year and did not come from crafting badges. I've gotten many coupons from crafting badges and so far all of them are for short durations of about a week and cannot be combined with other offers.

[H]

Summer Getaway

Chivalry

Football Manager 2013

Prison Architect

Tomb Raider

Torchlight II

[W]

Summer Getaway

Kerbal Space Program

Anyone seeing this thread for the first time (or coming back) should remember to look at all the previous pages. Some, if not most, of the people looking to trade are editing their old posts instead of making new ones.

Anyone seeing this thread for the first time (or coming back) should remember to look at all the previous pages. Some, if not most, of the people looking to trade are editing their old posts instead of making new ones.
The thread search function (see top of the page) actually works pretty well now, in this CAG 3.0 era.

HAVE:

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Cards

Tower Wars Cards

Frozen Synapse Cards

Airbuccaneers Cards

WANT:

They Bleed Pixels Cards (Headmaster, The Clawed Girl, Blade Imp, Shambler, are top priority)

I've just been selling the ones I get and buying the ones I want from the marketplace.  It's just easier than trading and you get fair market value.

bread's done
Back