Steam Weekend Deal #2 - Complete Overlord Collection $8.75 75% off

Very tempted, but I really doubt I'd get around to playing them anytime soon.
Not to mention, my desktop is over 6 years old. I doubt I'd meet the specs to run it, even with all my upgrades.

What an amazing deal! I was hoping to grab the games for my 360 (I prefer gaming on my TV), but I can't resist the PC version at this price.

[quote name='Fors78']Someone talk me into buying this, im not sure if I would like the games hmmmm. I have the first one on the 360 that I picked up cheap used sometime or another but I have never had a chance to play it yet. is the PC versions better?[/QUOTE]

Download the demo?

I already picked up the original Overlord for $5 on Steam a while back, but for $8.75 for the expansion + Overlord II, I'll pick this up even though I already have part of it.

Anyone know if these games work on windows 7 with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (shared) with up to 1695MB total available graphics memory graphic card and how big it is?

Should I consider Overlord if I HATE the demo for Overlord 2? I thought the series sounded fun until I actually played the demo for 2. Gameplay was no fun for me, and the aesthetic seemed gross rather than funny or clever or cute or whatever.

It's just...$1.50...

[quote name='Apushmataha']Awesome deal. I've been tempted to buy them on PS3. Now I can finally give in and spend less than $10.[/QUOTE]

The console versions are horrible but the pc versions are awesome.

I've been playing it a bit since I bought it earlier today. The game is awesome, and funny...especially the minions! :)

I'm running on Windows 7, Core2 Duo 2.4, 2GB RAM, and GF 7950 512MB. I have everything on high and it runs flawlessly. Great deal!

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Not sure if my system can run these really good yet, but figure for this price I might as well get them now and play them when it can...:twisted:[/QUOTE]

Same with me but only for Overlord . Actually I'm pretty sure my system can't run it at all , but I bought it anyway. $1.50 is like the cost of a soda at a gas station. If it doesn't run I can always keep it till I get a newer pc

Dang,
Had to pick this one up. Had been thinking about picking these up for some time now on the 360 (for achievements mainly; my pc is more powerful than my 360), but I can't pass at this price.

Now to add them to my massive backlog list.

I normally don't buy games on Steam unless they're from Valve (because you're forced to) but I bit on this one since I doubt I'll be able to get all three titles at this price used anytime soon. Sucks I won't be able to trade/Goozex it later on, but $8.75 isn't too shabby.

[quote name='shytface']I normally don't buy games on Steam unless they're from Valve (because you're forced to) but I bit on this one since I doubt I'll be able to get all three titles at this price used anytime soon. [/QUOTE]

I think the deals you've missed on Steam would more than make up for any TIV you get on PC games. Seriously--we are talking dozens of things you've missed over the past couple of years if you avoid Steam.

Even though i already own Overlord for the 360 and Overlord: Raising Hell for the PS3, this was too cheap just to pass up to have the 2nd game plus the 1st game with expansion.

I bit as well, I had heard about this game, but for that price, I shall love it. These past steam sales have been pretty good, makes me squeak in joy over the anticipation of the holiday season. I know steam will find a way to take my money.

Tempted... but I don't like the idea of Steam... hrmm... Do I have to be connected to the internet every time I want to play? :\

[quote name='UjnHunter']Tempted... but I don't like the idea of Steam... hrmm... Do I have to be connected to the internet every time I want to play? :\[/QUOTE]

Don't think so, i just tested TF2 offline, not connected to the internet and it started fine. Though kind of pointless to play TF2 offline. Overlord is probably the same.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Tempted... but I don't like the idea of Steam... hrmm... Do I have to be connected to the internet every time I want to play? :\[/QUOTE]

no Steam has an offline mode, though officially you have to be connected the first time you launch a game

however I have downloaded a few games and launched them for the first time when I was offline and worked fine but it's better safe than sorry

just download the game and once it's done launch it once to get through the first time launch procedure and you'll be fine for offline play

im in. steam has been spectacular lately. ive bought Braid, Saints Row 2, Mass Effect, Monkey island, Modern Warfare 1.

now this.

thanks.

This is the best Steam deal in ages, and I was already quite pleased with last weak's Mass Effect sale.

Looking forward to seeing what they offer on Black Friday too.

[quote name='eastx']This is the best Steam deal in ages, and I was already quite pleased with last weak's Mass Effect sale.

Looking forward to seeing what they offer on Black Friday too.[/QUOTE]

just to quote myself from the other thread on this same topic [quote name='buckythekat']I hope they don't do a black friday sale honestly, but I can't remember them having done one before anyways

the after Christmas one is more than enough of a wallet rape (plus they really just want all your Christmas money :p)[/QUOTE]

Beyond amazing. I played a good bit of the first but never picked up, always telling myself I would. I would pay 10 dollars for almost anything, let alone both games and the expansion.

[quote name='Justin42']yeah, the after Christmas sale last year was fantastic, I spent waaaay too much on it, though![/QUOTE]
I missed out on that last year. Was it really that good?

I've made a wishlist for the Christmas sale... though I also have certain price points things need to be at for me to cave but oh man I hope the iD Super Pack is 50% off again

Overlord's a lot of fun, but you might want to try the demo to be sure it'll run ok on your computer. But it's a fun premise, not always ideally realized but for $8.75 for 2.5 games (not sure how to count the expansion pack) it's worth a shot. ;)

The amazing thing about the post-Christmas sale last year was those prices still seem pretty good TODAY-- a year later!

I bit. Great deal. Heck of a lot cheaper than what they'd cost for the Xbox 360. Can't even get a lousy arcade game on their marketplace for $8.75! I may actually get back into PC gaming if Steam keeps up deals like this.

Unfortunately, I don't think my PC can run Overlord 2, but I am still buying it for when I get a new laptop. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the first game and the expansion. Even without the ability to play the second game, this is still a great deal.

[quote name='mokmoof']I bit. Great price on what are hear are great games.

The apparent similarity to Pikmin is what sold me, ultimately.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap. If it's like Pikmin, then I'll have to get it.

I have alot of games to play so I only bought the first one for 1.50. I remembered playing the demo on ps3 and thought it was fun. I guess I could've bought the whole pack. oh well.

I'm siked about this year steam wise. I missed all of last years game releases and missed last years sales which means that they must have sales on stuff this year that I will want. I hope they are insane. High hopes

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']I might get the first game, but is there a way to run it in windowed mode? Alt+Enter doesn't do the trick, and I don't see any option in the config menu.[/QUOTE]

Seriously this is on your list of criteria when buying games or not? Even if it works in some games and they have the option you still get a huge performance hit. . .

It usually wouldn't matter, but with my current monitor situation (distance from the screen, and size) I get really quickly get nasty motion sickness playing most 3D games in fullscreen. In a smaller window it doesn't happen.

Wasn't too interested, but I did buy just the first one for $1.50. I mean, you just can't pass that up.

Seriously, if I hate the tone of the second game and couldn't make it through the demo is it possible I'd like the first game? The second game seemed different from how I imagined the first one...

bread's done
Back