STEAM Weekend Deal (9/2-9/6) - All Company of Heroes products 75% off

Volcynika

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Great deals all. Best online RTS at the moment IMHO. It does need some balancing though.

Keep in mind that if you only want to play online, the main game and the expansions are all stand alone. For basic multiplayer you need only one of them. Buying OF will get you the new faction voices and buying TOV will get you some replacement multiplayer units (some of which are better than the units they replace) and some new online modes. Each game has its own single player campaigns.

Im all over this. I freakin loved the original CoH but never played any of the expansions. Was hoping for a steam deal and this is better than I expected.

[quote name='evilwrath666']Already have CoH and I loved it, but never played Opposing Fronts so I purchased it.[/QUOTE]

FYI, With the Company of Heroes games you only need to install one of them through Steam. When you run the game you'll need to log into your Relic Online account where you attach the different CD keys to access the content for the games. If you don't have CoH through Steam you'll now be able to play the original game or Opposing Fronts through Steam as long as everything is attached to the same Relic account.

I guess I've been watching these Steam deals for too long now because every week it's something I bought during a previous sale. I haven't bought anything since the summer sale since I've owned 95% of it. Seems to be the same deals rotated through a 3-month cycle with one new one here and there.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']The original Company of Heroes single player is going to be available for free once CoH Online is out.[/QUOTE]

and open beta just started

[quote name='eastx']Hey Volcy, how about some links in the OP?[/QUOTE]

Added them, was a little busy earlier, sorry.

I have 2 PC's that I want to play this on so my son and I can play together. When I log on Steam, I can only be logged my user name on 1 PC. Is there a way I can play it on both PC's at the same time?

[quote name='tukai']I have 2 PC's that I want to play this on so my son and I can play together. When I log on Steam, I can only be logged my user name on 1 PC. Is there a way I can play it on both PC's at the same time?[/QUOTE]
Run steam in offline mode, play eachother via LAN instead of through the internet.

[quote name='tukai']I have 2 PC's that I want to play this on so my son and I can play together. When I log on Steam, I can only be logged my user name on 1 PC. Is there a way I can play it on both PC's at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Tell one of the Steams to "Go Offline" from the Steam drop down menu on the main window. You'll be able to play the game on both computers; however, this games uses an account to authenticate access online. I'm not sure if you'll be able to run two copies with the same account even if you are only doing LAN play.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Run steam in offline mode, play eachother via LAN instead of through the internet.[/QUOTE]

Or break the bank and spend $5 on 2 copies ;)

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Run steam in offline mode, play eachother via LAN instead of through the internet.[/QUOTE]

Nice I will try that after I install it on both PC's. Thank you so much. I thought I would have to buy another and gift it.

[quote name='Darknuke']Or break the bank and spend $5 on 2 copies ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah who'd think of that?
I mean we could steal or we could just pay another 2.50

Nice! I knew if I waited long enough there would be a nice deal on this. In for main game for sure. Not sure if I'll get the complete collection or not as I'd only be playing SP/Skirmishes. Competitive RTS scares me.

I picked up the complete collection. Kinda wondering if I should've just settled for the original, but whatever. Unlikely to find a better deal!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Yeah who'd think of that?
I mean we could steal or we could just pay another 2.50[/QUOTE]

Buying 2 copies is a better solution to his problem, but it's not stealing for him to install it on two computers at once.

[quote name='nikkai']Dare I say, this is more of an RTS than Starcraft will ever be.

*duck*[/QUOTE]

I normally don't really like RTS games & I don't doubt that Starcraft is a great game, however after playing the demo of COH a year or so ago, I suddenly began to have a mild interest in RTS games.

Sucks that i already had opppsing fronts and the original but I bit on the Complete pack

Im assuming You cant use steams Tales of valor with the original discs for Coh vanilla and oppsing fonts

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Sucks that i already had opppsing fronts and the original but I bit on the Complete pack

Im assuming You cant use steams Tales of valor with the original discs for Coh vanilla and oppsing fonts[/QUOTE]

I have Tales of Valor on Steam and CoH gold on disc and they seem to get along fine (and I think ToV is stand-alone). Just make sure you tie everything to the same Relic account.

I'm tempted to pick up the first two on Steam just to avoid the terrible patching process. I'm assuming the Steam versions are up to date like usual and don't require tons of sequential patches?

Is ToV worth getting for $7.50? I have CoH Gold, but have yet to play through it - about 3 missions in.

[quote name='eastx']Buying 2 copies is a better solution to his problem, but it's not stealing for him to install it on two computers at once.[/QUOTE]
Install, no. But to buy one copy and play on two computers at once is technically "piracy". I mean, I'm not going to hold it against him, but it seems silly when you can have a clear conscience for $2.50.

[quote name='Xealot42']I have Tales of Valor on Steam and CoH gold on disc and they seem to get along fine (and I think ToV is stand-alone). Just make sure you tie everything to the same Relic account.

I'm tempted to pick up the first two on Steam just to avoid the terrible patching process. I'm assuming the Steam versions are up to date like usual and don't require tons of sequential patches?[/QUOTE]

Steam has always installed the most recent version when you download it, and it auto updates as well if I'm not mistaken. It is nice not to go thru the patching process...

The original looks too sweet to pass up at $2.50 since I have never played any of these before. I'm in for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy owed me $30, he had only $20s on him so I took one and had him gift me the Complete Pack! haha worked out nicely

Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='Xealot42']I have Tales of Valor on Steam and CoH gold on disc and they seem to get along fine (and I think ToV is stand-alone). Just make sure you tie everything to the same Relic account.

I'm tempted to pick up the first two on Steam just to avoid the terrible patching process. I'm assuming the Steam versions are up to date like usual and don't require tons of sequential patches?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see that now.

I guess I just bought extra keys

I keep hearing people say that CoH:O is going to have the single player missions of these games free of charge. What is the story on that?

Since I have been enjoying StarCraft 2 so much, figure 12 for complete series RTS , I was in.. Though this is WW2 and my least favorite period for Games to take place.

[quote name='wild21crazy']Probably will just play the sp on this. Would you guys recommend buying the complete collection if I only plan on playing sp?[/QUOTE]
Based on magazine reviews that I've read, the original's campaign is excellent, the 1st expansion adds two shorter campaigns that are very good, and the 2nd expansion (ToV) adds 3 short campaigns that are good.

bread's done
Back