Steam Weekend Deal: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $24.99 (50% off)

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
header.jpg

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and the Reborn DLC is 50% off this weekend. Deal usually lasts until 12pm or so pacific time on Monday.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn DLC

EDIT: This is $35.99 at Amazon and NewEgg. Both have free shipping. Those who have ECA and a recent $10 video game credit for buying Halo 3: ODST could probably get it cheaper. It requires steam anyway.
Amazon - F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
NewEgg - F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam hasn't had very good weekend deals in awhile. I don't fault them, but it seemed there was a time where almost a few months straight had a constant barrage of weekend deals I couldn't pass up. I'm not going to knock Valve though, I still love them.

I still haven't finished this game! It's ok, but I could have waited until a good deal like this. For this price, it's worth it.

I'll pick up the DLC for 50% though just for kicks.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Steam hasn't had very good weekend deals in awhile. I don't fault them, but it seemed there was a time where almost a few months straight had a constant barrage of weekend deals I couldn't pass up. I'm not going to knock Valve though, I still love them.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I thought Braid and Monkey Island for $5 and Street Fighter 4 for $20 were pretty good deals...

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, FEAR2 PC is $20 on clearance at Target, and can be activated on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that YMMV. Not every target will have that. Hmm...I wonder if mine does? Haven't checked the clearance games in a while...

I'm still on the fence. I really enjoyed Fear 1 when it first came out, it was the only shooter I beat without taking a break, and I made sure to stay away from the expansion packs. Anyone willing to shed some light if this is even worth a purchase?

The expansion packs for FEAR1 weren't that bad. Extraction Point was dull, but Perseus Mandate was quite good.

FEAR2 is a step down from FEAR1 but is still a pretty decent game. I paid $20 for the 360 version at the GameStop sale but I wouldn't pay any more.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Steam hasn't had very good weekend deals in awhile. I don't fault them, but it seemed there was a time where almost a few months straight had a constant barrage of weekend deals I couldn't pass up. I'm not going to knock Valve though, I still love them.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, lately there's just not much that really gets me, though SF IV the other week caught my eye...I mean wallet! If this were only $14.99 I'd probably bite, but...ah well.

Not a terrible price. But yes, this game is on the Steam Retail CD-Key List so if you can find it cheaper in a store, you will still have in installed and updated through Steam either way.

Is there a decent online community for the PC version? I finished my single player campaign playthrough on the PS3 yesterday and was frustrated to find a complete lack of players online when searching for a deathmatch game. Only TWO games total were found even when selecting "any" for all gametypes. So I just ejected the disc and played something else.

The single player was pretty decent, but given the non-existence of online players I'm glad I got it on the cheap at the Target clearance.

Steams weekend deals havent been that great for a few weeks, for a while they were on a roll where I ended up buying a game every weekend

Personally, i could barely finish this game. In my opinion it was a not very good rehash of the fear gameplay. If you loved fear1, but thought that the expansions started to leave you flat, then dont waste your money on fear 2. If the expansions still engaged you, then pick up fear2 on the cheap, just dont expect to be wowed.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I don't know, I thought Braid and Monkey Island for $5 and Street Fighter 4 for $20 were pretty good deals...

Keep in mind that YMMV. Not every target will have that. Hmm...I wonder if mine does? Haven't checked the clearance games in a while...[/QUOTE]
Agreed! I bit on both Braid and Monkey Island SE, even though I've sort of been "out of" PC gaming for years now. Steam is kind of changing that for me. Would it be too greedy of me to wait on a Plants vs. Zombies sale (i.e. $5)? The demo was a lot of fun and actually runs well on my old-ass PC, I might just nab it at $10 (I'm sure it's well worth it).

Anyway, as for this weekend's deal, passing on FEAR 2...I'm not big on FPS games to begin with, and the demo I played on 360 repelled me further. I did see it at Target for $12.48 a few months ago.

[quote name='Ultra Woody']Or you could just get F.E.A.R. 2 at GameFly for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

I don't really care... did that happen to be the PC version?

I'm getting sick of consolers commenting on PC sales... GTFO.

[quote name='Ultra Woody']Or you could just get F.E.A.R. 2 at GameFly for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Some people don't like used games.

[quote name='TheToE']LOL, just picked this up today @ Target for 9.98.[/QUOTE]

Go back and get me one if this is for the PC.... I'll pay shipping + time if not much :D

[quote name='ghostmedicine'] Would it be too greedy of me to wait on a Plants vs. Zombies sale (i.e. $5)? The demo was a lot of fun and actually runs well on my old-ass PC, I might just nab it at $10 (I'm sure it's well worth it). [/QUOTE]
It's absolutely worth $10, in my opinion. Loads of regular content and minigames.

Yep, my Target actually had this on clearance for $20 or maybe less...surprised me but I had already played thru it on 360.

bread's done
Back