Steam Weekend Deal + free weekend: Booster Trooper, 50% off/$4.99, or 4-pack $14.99

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Poor little overlooked game, here. Kinda had the same problem as Lead and Gold: idiots shunned it at launch over dedicated server bullshit, but it's since added them. It's a 2D sideview deathmatch game, quite like Soldat, for anyone familiar with that game. I actually really like this one. The game is also on a free weekend, and is a small download, so there's no reason not to give it a shot. I'm counting on a big influx of players.

$4.99 for one copy (normally $9.99), or $14.99 for a 4-pack. Buy it. I'd love to see some other players, for once.

Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/27920/

Checked the forums, apparently the online is DEAD, should be better this free weekend, but after that... who knows? And the single player portion is just the same except with bots.

Pass... unless I get really bored this weekend and don't mind spending $5 to go nuts online on something different.

[quote name='RollingSkull']L&G also never gave us a demo. Nobody is going to take the plunge without some demo.[/QUOTE]

A free weekend don't satisfy you?

Ye gods. I don't use the term shit sandwich lightly but this is shit sandwich combo meal for $5. It's nowhere near as good as Soldat which is its most obvious competitor and (mostly) free, it runs surprisingly poorly with the graphics turned up considering how little is going on, and has less variety than Soldat. Even in an alternate dimension where Soldat doesn't exist, you'd be better off with the free Quake Live if you wanted fast paced deathmatch.

If you're interested in the game make sure you check out the free weekend before buying, because damn.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Ye gods. I don't use the term shit sandwich lightly but this is shit sandwich combo meal for $5.[/QUOTE]

That's not real, is it? You can't print that!

I'll give it a shot but will probably end up passing. Nothing against the game, I've just been buying too many games lately and I hardly ever play the ones I buy.

This looks quite entertaining. It doesn't look like it has a single player or story mode, though, so I'm going to pass.

If I'm mistaken, though, feel free to enlighten me.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']This looks quite entertaining. It doesn't look like it has a single player or story mode, though, so I'm going to pass.

If I'm mistaken, though, feel free to enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

It actually does. It says so on the steam storefront.

Does the free weekend mean it's free to play this weekend or it's free to download (and keep) this weekend?

[quote name='setupusthebomb']It actually does. It says so on the steam storefront.[/QUOTE]
Think it's only bots for single player, no campaign.

[quote name='JeriKu']Does the free weekend mean it's free to play this weekend or it's free to download (and keep) this weekend?[/QUOTE]Full game free to play only for this weekend. If you want to play after this weekend, you have to BUY the game.

I tried this the other day when Dling the all of my id/Bethesda pack games, and I kind of agree with others who are saying that this game sucks. I usually am more giving when it is smaller indie developers but this game is flat out crappy. Like mentioned above the game doesnt run well with maxed out graphics (yes my computer is more than capable, I max out nearly every game I own with either high or very high settings). Plus it just overall does not have a very fun feel, controls feel clunky and overall I was very disappointed.

After playing for roughly 5 minutes I deleted all of the content off of my computer.

I must be missing something fundamental, but how do you get this for the free weekend? There's no download link that I can find.

[quote name='Brian234']I must be missing something fundamental, but how do you get this for the free weekend? There's no download link that I can find.[/QUOTE]

Look on your list of Steam games on the client. Everyone has it on there while the free weekend is going on. Mine just says Booster Trooper - 1.8 days left.

If you don't see it, see if you need to update Steam.

The only things I know about this game is that it looks a lot like Crash Commando and it has a metric shit ton of achievements. I'll check out the free weekend first.

[quote name='Volcynika']Look on your list of Steam games on the client. Everyone has it on there while the free weekend is going on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - yep, it's right there :)

People who are saying this looks like a ripoff of Crash Commando are kind of dumb, because Crash Commando would, by the same logic, be a complete and utter ripoff of Soldat.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wow this looks exactly like Crash Commando. If DnS Development hasn't somehow acquired EPOS Game Studios or isn't another name for the same people. The Crash Commando team could probably sue. Is there a connection between the developers?[/QUOTE]
The developers are unrelated, but no, EPOS could not sue DNS over this game, anymore than EA could sue Activision for Call of Duty being similar to Medal of Honor. EPOS doesn't have a patent on side-view deathmatch games, or something.

bread's done
Back