STEAM weekend deal: Peggle Complete $9.99 (50% off)

i'd probably have done it if I didn't get peggle on xbla a few weeks back.

Oi. That'd be great if I didn't already have Peggle Deluxe.

Weekend deal bundles are a pain, because it seems I always have at least one of the games in the bundle, which usually kills the deal.

yeah, I already have peggle deluxe. And I just got peggle DS.

I figure I won't get peggle nights till the next xmas sale.

Blah, already have the original, and I think nights is 10 dollars anyway. I would guess there's no gifting option for extra copies.
As far as the game itself, peggle is highly addicting, and runs on just about every PC. It seems a bit stupid at first, in a why-am-I-playing-this sort of way, but at least for me, eventually clicked

[quote name='kjs7']total letdown..
iy.gif
[/quote]
Totally agree, feel disappointed, hopefully they come out with a better deal tommorow.

Meh, Peggle never clicked for me. Tried it on PC and bought the 360 version but every time I play it it feels like a pure waste of time.

Would be a sweet deal for me if they had Nights for $5 but I already got Deluxe off the Popcap store for $2.50 a couple weeks ago.

Peggle Deluxe was (is?) $2.50 from Popcap, and Peggle+Peggle Nights was $10 from them too. Not much of a deal at all.

[quote name='vherub']and I wonder what is happening with braid?[/QUOTE]
It's in the odd limbo that games sometimes enter for a few hours, between being in the "Coming Soon" and "New Releases" tabs. Happens to new releases on Steam occasionally. I'm sure it'll be up soon.

[quote name='blackhole82']I dont have either one of these. Still deciding if I should pick it up. Trying out the demo for deluxe now.[/QUOTE]
Depends. Do you value your free time? If so, do not buy these games, because it will suddenly all disappear.

Just because you already have one game or the other (or both) doesn't make this a bad deal. It's a great deal for anyone who doesn't have them yet.

[quote name='Vegan']Just because you already have one game or the other (or both) doesn't make this a bad deal. It's a great deal for anyone who doesn't have them yet.[/QUOTE]

Uh, it's a pretty useless deal to anyone who already has either of the games. Seeing as how whether you buy the pack, or just the game that you don't have, you're still paying $9.99. I, personally, already owning Peggle Deluxe, will wait till later to buy Nights on it's own.

But yeah, for people who don't have either game, hell yes, this is a great deal. I almost wish I didn't have either, so I could justify splurging right now.

I just wish it was each individual game for $4.99. Oh, that would be wonderful.

Yeah, I agree with most people on here. I picked Peggle up by itself in some deal a while back so this is kind of useless to me. However, I really doubt I would get Nights anyway, is it significantly different from the original or just new maps? Peggle doesn't seem like the kind of game to benefit from new maps to me.

Dang, I bought Peggle Nights on its own like a month ago. Great price though.

Peggle Nights has a ton of new levels (which are better than those of the first game) and a new character, as well as better stat tracking.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, it's a pretty useless deal to anyone who already has either of the games. Seeing as how whether you buy the pack, or just the game that you don't have, you're still paying $9.99. I, personally, already owning Peggle Deluxe, will wait till later to buy Nights on it's own.

But yeah, for people who don't have either game, hell yes, this is a great deal. I almost wish I didn't have either, so I could justify splurging right now.

I just wish it was each individual game for $4.99. Oh, that would be wonderful.[/quote]

Let me reiterate that just because this deal is not for you, doesn't make it a bad deal. All I see is a bunch of people whining because they already bought a great game.

Vegan remember the last Steam thread? There's always someone saying junk like that (though CoffeeEdge is far more intelligent than that last guy). And if we explain that to them enough, our posts will be deleted. It's wonderful.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I was really hoping for Mirror's Edge PC[/QUOTE]

You missed that on Amazon the other day, for $19.99 (and if you were hoping for it cheaper than that on Steam this early, then you're crazy).

[quote name='bb4lake']Peggle doesn't seem like the kind of game to benefit from new maps to me.[/QUOTE]
Uh...why not? Pretty much the entirety of the content of the game is different levels (I've never heard anyone refer to a level in a puzzle game as a "map," by the way).

[quote name='eastx'](though CoffeeEdge is far more intelligent than that last guy)[/QUOTE]
But of course. :D

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You missed that on Amazon the other day, for $19.99 (and if you were hoping for it cheaper than that on Steam this early, then you're crazy).[/QUOTE]

Crazy is buying the retail PC version of the game. Few, if any, games are worth the hassles of SecuROM.

No worries, I'm patient, I can wait for the Steam version to be discounted.

After spending $5 last week for Tomb Raider: Anniversary, $10 for two PopCap games, at least imo, is not the best deal. $5 for Peggle Nights alone would have been a better deal. Why even play Deluxe when you have Nights?

:roll: Steam can't have awesome deals every week I guess.

i'm sort of with everybody here about the peggle deal. i also have peggle deluxe so there is no value in this deal for me. for people who don't have the game it's a pretty good deal. buy it for your girlfriend or your mom or something.

but i don't think people should be so "let down" by this weekend's deal. there have been so many freaking good deals over the past fews months and weeks (remember the ubisoft week?), that i don't find myself cursing steam and taking away their internet points because they don't post some crazy awesome amazing deal every single weekend. IMO.

Is Peggle Deluxe the same as the Peggle XBLA game, or is that different? I don't want to buy this if it's the same content as the XBLA Peggle, which I just recently bought.

[quote name='Gosford'] Why even play Deluxe when you have Nights?
[/QUOTE]

Peggle Nights certainly improves on Deluxe, but that doeasn't mean Deluxe isn't worth playing. Each one contains its own large set of levels; there's no overlap. I think people who really get into Peggle will be hungry for more levels.

And yes, Peggle Deluxe is the same as the XBLA version, minus the online play. The PC version controls much better though.

I still think Peggle Extreme is the best, especially for the price. You can get it for free at Steam.

Head Crab + Unicorn = Flawless Victory

[quote name='Gosford']Why even play Deluxe when you have Nights?[/QUOTE]

You might as well have just asked "Why even play Crysis, if you have Crysis Warhead?"

They're basically the same game, and each has completely different sets of levels.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You might as well have just asked "Why even play Crysis, if you have Crysis Warhead?"

They're basically the same game, and each has completely different sets of levels.[/quote]
I'm not going to get into a debate over Peggle, but that's obviously not a fair comparison.

[quote name='Kaijufan']It's too bad they aren't also selling them separately for $5 each since I already own Deluxe.[/QUOTE]

Seems like, for deals like this, allowing people to gift the extra game would create more sales for them. If someone gave me Peggle Deluxe, and I liked it, I'd likely buy Peggle Nights. So, they would've sold the Weekend Deal plus another Peggle game in the future, whereas the current format just discourages anyone who owns either of the games from taking advantage of this deal.

Obviously it wouldn't work for all the bundles, but it may for ones like this.

[quote name='Gosford']I'm not going to get into a debate over Peggle, but that's obviously not a fair comparison.[/QUOTE]

Why not? They're both standalone expansion packs that are more or less identical in terms of gameplay and presentation to their respective predecessors, just with new sets of levels.

Explain to me how this is not a fair comparison.

bread's done
Back