Steam weekend deal: SiN Episodes $4.99

Serik

CAGiversary!
For $4.99 you get:

• SiN 1
  • SiN 1 multiplayer
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence
Original price is $14.99. Metacritic gives it a 75/100. They haven't released another episode so don't expect a conclusion to the story (provided it's any good).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too bad actually, cheaper than I've seen it in most stores (Gamestop has it for $9.99). It's worth the $5 for what you get, but the developer that made it got bought out and was reportedly making casual games now from what I've heard so consider this to be the first and last episode of the series (and it doesn't really conclude anything since it's more like an opening chapter).

Love this game! It makes me sad though knowing the rest of the series will never see the light of day. :(

SiN 1 is still a lot of fun too, so $5 for the both of them is a steal IMO.

[quote name='Serik']They haven't released another episode so don't expect a conclusion to the story (provided it's any good).[/QUOTE]

They are never going to release another episode :cry:

With the sale of Ritual to MumboJumbo and departure of several employees, all future development of Sin Episodes appears to be delayed indefinitely, if not entirely canceled. MumboJumbo has already tasked Ritual to develop "high-quality casual content."

"The idea of acquiring Ritual was to have them strengthen our development in the casual genre and not to have them involved at all in the action style games," Cottam explained. "If there's an opportunity to have them do something on the SiN episodes, we would look at that, but that will not be the focus of the company. The combined companies will focus exclusively on casual, unless opportunities present themselves that we think are strategic from a business standpoint... Again, I wouldn't close the door on traditional games but that's not the primary focus."

Still for $5, I couldn't pass this up.

[quote name='Sporadic']They are never going to release another episode :cry:

Still for $5, I couldn't pass this up.[/quote]

yup yup, couldnt pass this one up either
thanks for the heads up

i played sin arena(i think that is what the mode is called) at a friends house and it is a blast

i want to get it, but i'm low on my bank (pretty much have a buck left xP)
probably get one of my buddies to steam gift it to me

SiN is awesome, but it's too bad that they'll never make another...
Elexis Sinclaire has to be the hottest video game villain.

Excellent game for five dollars. Paid ~15 when it first came out, and played through it at least 5 times. Pity it'll never see another episode.

I might get this. After I did a re-install a while back, I couldn't remember my Steam password to re-register, and the e-mail address I used was on longer active so I was screwed.

[quote name='Codemaster']SiN is awesome, but it's too bad that they'll never make another...
Elexis Sinclaire has to be the hottest video game villain.[/QUOTE]

QFT!

[quote name='Serik']For $4.99 you get:

• SiN 1
  • SiN 1 multiplayer
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence
Original price is $14.99. Metacritic gives it a 75/100. They haven't released another episode so don't expect a conclusion to the story (provided it's any good).[/QUOTE]

That's b/c MumboJumbo bought Ritual Entertainment and their SiN Intellectual Property.

I liked SiN Episode 1: Emergence.

Now, if only some FPS company would buy SiN IP and finish what Ritual left hanging....

Hmmmm, maybe 3D Realms....but if that did happen, the next SiN game would not get done,. eh? :p

Hmmm...maybe Human Head's a better suggestion?
Valve even?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought it. I'll be starting out with the original SiN, since I've never played it before.

Too bad the series will never be complete and everything, but whatever... You just can't go wrong for 5 bucks.

Noob question- I have never used steam before, that is a downloadable service right (no disc). Also can you get the game on disc or is it downloadable only.

[quote name='jason506']Noob question- I have never used steam before, that is a downloadable service right (no disc). Also can you get the game on disc or is it downloadable only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a download service.

Games are tied to your account and you can redownload them when ever you want, as many times as you want.

It's downloadable only (unless you buy the Orange Box or one of Valve's games in store) but there is an also the ability to back those game files up to a disc if you wanted to go that route.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8794-YPHV-2033

bread's done
Back