Steam Weeklong Deal: Droplitz, $1.99! (80% off)

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
$1.99. Now THAT'S the sort of sale that I like. C'mon, just buy it!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23120/

Deal is good until the 28th of this month.

Really, this is a rather excellent puzzle game (vaguely similar to Pipe Dreams) published by Atlus. It also has Steam achievements, for fans of that sort of thing. Recommended in general, and a no-brainer at the price of a medium fries.

Was about to make a thread... you beat me to it.

droplitz_spotlight.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23120/

y'know, it's okay to pass up, it's only 80% off... :roll:

[quote name='VidPower']How do you control this game on the PC? It looks like it would need a gamepad.[/QUOTE]

It's extremely easy to control.... you just click the mouse to rotate the tiles. Probably easier than using a game pad. I bought it from impulse on a 50% off sale for $5. So $2 is a great deal, if you like puzzle type games.

[quote name='VidPower']How do you control this game on the PC? It looks like it would need a gamepad.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. Mouse control is much faster and more precise, for this particular game. Instead of having to tap a d-pad over and over to select a particular tile, you just mouse over it, click, and voila.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, there's this pointing device available for the PC now. It's called a "mouse"...

[quote name='VidPower']How do you control this game on the PC? It looks like it would need a gamepad.[/QUOTE]lol what?

There is a cursor that lets you use to choose the block that you want to rotate and you use the left and right mouse buttons to rotate them. Couldn't be any easier.

[quote name='bassec']And thoughts on the iPhone version?[/QUOTE]

There's a free demo. I haven't played the PC/console versions, but it seems fun.

You know, I wish they could do price drops like this on XBLA or PSN. Since they can't, I'll buy it for my computer and Touch instead.

Wasn't hooked when I tried it at E3, but can't pass it up for $2. Only thing that would make it better would be if it were a GfW title so I can also up my Gamerscore.

[quote name='cycophuk']You know, I wish they could do price drops like this on XBLA or PSN. Since they can't, I'll buy it for my computer and Touch instead.[/QUOTE]

PSN has pricedrops every once in a while - though not for droplitz

I picked up the iPhone version yesterday. Meh... I don't really like it. And I usually love this type of game. Might be worth trying the free version first...

I'm awaiting a copy of Windows XP to arrive and then I can set up Windows on my Mac mini. Hopefully the sale will still be in effect then and hopefully this game works well via VMWare Fusion as I really don't want to boot into Windows just to play a game. I figure it probably should work pretty well given that it's just a puzzle game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm awaiting a copy of Windows XP to arrive and then I can set up Windows on my Mac mini. Hopefully the sale will still be in effect then and hopefully this game works well via VMWare Fusion as I really don't want to boot into Windows just to play a game. I figure it probably should work pretty well given that it's just a puzzle game.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you don't need to install Steam to download it, and you can buy it now and just download it later, right?

debating buying it, I mean I know it's only $2 but I don't like buying games that I had no interest in just because there is a sale on it. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I had zero intention in buying it (and didn't even know it existed) before this sale.

[quote name='crunchewy']Hopefully the sale will still be in effect then and hopefully this game works well via VMWare Fusion as I really don't want to boot into Windows just to play a game.[/QUOTE]

The sale ends on the 28th, so make your purchasing plans accordingly.

You can buy it now and download it an unlimited number of times at any point in the future, you know. Not much point in waiting.

Meh, it'll kill $2 of my time. By the way, the download is over 400 MB (!!), so be prepared for a short download/install time compared to other "casual" games.

Just bought it, and I'd day it's a steal at $2. I'm already addicted. I bought it for a friend just so I'd have someone to compete against on the (friend) leaderboard.

[quote name='ConfusedWisdom']Got it. How can you pass this up for 2 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Those 2 bucks go to a superior game, that's how. I have enough boring mini games on the ps3, don't need more on the PC as well.

If anyone is having trouble getting the game to run at their native resolution you can try to force it through the steam launch options. My monitor is 1680x1050 so I used: xres=1680 yres=1050

bread's done
Back