Steamgifts invites

Damn. Well I actually got all of my games off of Humble bundles and a friend of mine.
Your account has been verified, with 23 games, valued at $103.57
Didn't even know that they costed that much.
Would love to get in, but I know many other CAGS could use it more...Would still appreciate it though.

Typed,
Daw19yoyo

If anyone else has any spare codes I'm definitely interested. Thanks to the users who already gave them away, I guess I missed the boat ^^

[quote name='Progamer665']and1xbi1b6n4791m6ux8lufkcyslzxwkgo18an0g
iozpjorjc985406z7vfmckngrutt9t598grl0nnz
pnccs5486bafzm5jezoqmrkuwizyq013djedym5d
b204l5dnmg3qs90jf21b09gs3yi52xbr6nb8ze5p
fmsjseez4r2i6uwblfxjw9hke88g46nnpqnz46ri
on6gbog3i69fxpwuf3sotuxom7k8unecvippms7u[/QUOTE]

All these have been used.

[quote name='GenPirate']Sounds like a scam to me.[/QUOTE]
There are scams once in a while, e.g. people that put up a fake giveaway or people that impersonate a legitimate winner to steal a prize, but they're easy to avoid and other users usually pull out the red flag to warn everyone.

If you meant that the website as a whole is a "scam", then you're wrong and you shouldn't worry about that. Because the website uses the Steam's OpenID service, SteamGifts will never have access to your Steam password.

Mine says $275, but when I count it up, I can't figure more than $50 actually spent. Most of my stuff is bought here on Trading forum, or group buys, or Humble Bundles, or ebay. Not to mention the Half-Life Platinum Pack that was a retail key from original HL game I got at a garage sale for a dollar.

Bummed I missed the dinner-time code drop, was about the only time all day I hadn't been refreshing every 10 minutes or so. Anyone who wants to hook me up via PM, I will put at least 2 invites back in this thread, and do a giveaway next week. :D

Calculators don't take into account sales is why it feels that way. It just adds up the max prices. It also tends to put less value on humble bundle games and keys like Eets, Dirt 3 and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic that have a history of being exploited.

And yes, there's no real way to be scammed on the site. You log in via OpenID so they don't get any of your info. It costs nothing (but the points from the site) to enter raffles. You can have your time wasted by jerks, as again, all content is user generated, but you won't actually lose anything but maybe some time.

My Steam account is something like $1800...not that I paid that much, of course.

I can't remember if I posted here or not. I thought I did, but I don't see my post. I'd like an invite if people are still giving them away. And if I'm able to register and get some invite codes of my own, I'll post them here.

I have some codes I can share.

48xbvc9juk0izido0qp0rrxwxor17xevwxratca4 -used
fzlgkfvotsrl14nuibd7hjo19tub42oxg6hi3a5r -used
6c1pkb4y7wwp2x9vzfl2bgkehc5hxsw0jt10lg2e -used

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dys006']Great! Thanks!
I put up a giveaway already.

I think this is gonna be fun.[/QUOTE]

Why 3 days D: xD I tend to join things that are 1 hour or less, unless I really want the game. Also, I already have the frozenbyte bundle so I'm just ranting for the lulz ;P

[quote name='KCeriales']Why 3 days D: xD I tend to join things that are 1 hour or less, unless I really want the game. Also, I already have the frozenbyte bundle so I'm just ranting for the lulz ;P[/QUOTE]

I've never done one before. I figured I'd have it last the weekend.

I'll do a non Humble something next week.

[quote name='TheRobReport']oh nice, joined...but how do you earn the points to join the contests, or is it based of how many games you own?[/QUOTE]

Read the FAQ in the forum:

Short story: you earn points over time

Long story: Everytime someone submits a legit giveaway, all users gain 5 percent of the points the game is worth (say Dead Rising Off the Record is 40 points, you get 2).

Also, in case there's a CaG group on Steam, you can create giveaways based on groups you are part of. So say you wanna give only CAGers a shot at your item, you can create a group giveaway, select the group, and it'll only show up to members of that group.

[quote name='Corpekata']Also, in case there's a CaG group on Steam, you can create giveaways based on groups you are part of. So say you wanna give only CAGers a shot at your item, you can create a group giveaway, select the group, and it'll only show up to members of that group.[/QUOTE]
I think that's a good feature for them to add. How long ago was this added?

This site is super weird. I've read through the faq and this thread, but I still don't understand where all the games are coming from. As far as I can tell there's no incentive to put up a game and yet there's currently 194 raffles up. I know that most of this stuff is just what people had leftover for whatever reason, but I checked my Steam gifts to see if I had anything extra lying around and was surprised to see that I didn't have anything. I thought I might've picked up duplicates here or there with bundles although I know those often aren't giftable.

So are some of these people buying games and dlc just to give away to be nice? I thought it might be a lot of crap, but there's all kinds of good stuff on there, even multiple copies of an unreleased game, Dungeon Defenders. I see that there's comments by the poster on a lot of the stuff so that explains some of it, but it still seems weird to me.

Also, how does this invite only site that I had never heard of before where you have to have a valid Steam account have over 40k members?

Also, it seems crazy that just about every giveaway has entries. There's tons of Portal giveaways on there and they all have entries. Who that would actually know about and go to that site doesn't have Portal already? Wtf, Half-life 2 deathmatch is free to anybody and yet it was up there with 291 entries. I don't know what's crazier; who's putting up the stuff for bidding or who's bidding on all this stuff.

Sorry, I know these are probably somewhat dumb questions, but my mind's a little bit blown by this site. It does seem super cool with no downside although I don't know if I'll ever win anything considering every really good raffle has 1000s of entries. Oh wow, I just looked at the statistics. It looks like the odds of winning a public raffle has stayed fairly consistent and it's currently at .31%.

Yeah, those who submit games for the giveaways do it from the kindness of their hearts. Of course, everyone gains points whenever a giveaway is created so that could be seen as an incentive. Most games given away are also from the current Steam sales.

And you would be surprised who all doesn't have Portal or Half-Life 2 Deathmatch.

Also, that is where you get to know the community and make friends. That can open up your chances to get invited to a private giveaway.

People enter for HL2 Deathmatch because they don't know about the Nvidia/ATI promotion. And really, it's not like every entry is by someone that die hard wants the game. Sadly there are too many people that enter anything they can simply because it's a chance to win, even if they'll never even install it. Some might just be new Steam members. Some are from various corners of the world where news of things like Humble Bundles and whatnot, even if reaches them, might not have the means (a credit card) to get them.

And yes, it's largely out of kindness, or the pay it forward idea. For instance someone recently won Fallout New Vegas and in turn has put up 12 Red Faction giveaways (various entries in the series, not just 12 Red Faction Armageddons). There are even a couple people related to game companies that will post games every once in a while to increase awareness. Some see it as a way to advertise, and will put their youtubes or facebooks on their giveaways (though veering too far into self promotion will get you banned). But generally the idea is to be kind and to build a good community.

I mean, that makes it sound sort of utopian, but it's not. The site is run by a single coder so sometimes features take a while to get added. Only a few mods so sometimes crap can stick around longer than it should (though this is largely improved lately) There are jerks that exploit things like the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic multiplayer keys. But I love the site, been a member for a while, it is a pretty astonishing little idea that shouldn't work in this mess we call the interwebs but it does.

I'm not sure if the CAG invite is full or not.

But, I have two invites, PM if you need one.

*EDIT* Invites are gone. That took an hour and two minutes. I'll make some more on Friday or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nny']
So are some of these people buying games and dlc just to give away to be nice? I thought it might be a lot of crap, but there's all kinds of good stuff on there, even multiple copies of an unreleased game, Dungeon Defenders. I see that there's comments by the poster on a lot of the stuff so that explains some of it, but it still seems weird to me.

Also, how does this invite only site that I had never heard of before where you have to have a valid Steam account have over 40k members?

Sorry, I know these are probably somewhat dumb questions, but my mind's a little bit blown by this site. It does seem super cool with no downside although I don't know if I'll ever win anything considering every really good raffle has 1000s of entries. Oh wow, I just looked at the statistics. It looks like the odds of winning a public raffle has stayed fairly consistent and it's currently at .31%.[/QUOTE]
Altruism.

I buy games to give away when there is a game I like on sale. Some even collect funds in groups and do giveaways of bigger games. Getting a win at public giveaway is really rare indeed but one always does. If you just want free games and don't enjoy offering the same chance to others you wouldn't like the site. Because looking at the winning chance is not the way to enjoy it, looking to giveaway something to someone who will enjoy it is.
[quote name='nny']
[/QUOTE]
A valid steam account with at least 50$ worth. And you'd be surprised that the internet doesn't consist of you and your friends :p There is 2 billion people using the internet and 4 million on steam, and it seems more than 40 thousand of them heard the site.
So try checking some other sites too and maybe you'll see a larger world.

I've been looking for a Steamgifts invite for a while now lol. Must be luck for me to stumble upon this website. If anyone has an invite they can so kindly give, please pm me. Thank you.

[quote name='Corpekata']People enter for HL2 Deathmatch because they don't know about the Nvidia/ATI promotion. And really, it's not like every entry is by someone that die hard wants the game. Sadly there are too many people that enter anything they can simply because it's a chance to win, even if they'll never even install it. Some might just be new Steam members. Some are from various corners of the world where news of things like Humble Bundles and whatnot, even if reaches them, might not have the means (a credit card) to get them.

And yes, it's largely out of kindness, or the pay it forward idea. For instance someone recently won Fallout New Vegas and in turn has put up 12 Red Faction giveaways (various entries in the series, not just 12 Red Faction Armageddons). There are even a couple people related to game companies that will post games every once in a while to increase awareness. Some see it as a way to advertise, and will put their youtubes or facebooks on their giveaways (though veering too far into self promotion will get you banned). But generally the idea is to be kind and to build a good community.

I mean, that makes it sound sort of utopian, but it's not. The site is run by a single coder so sometimes features take a while to get added. Only a few mods so sometimes crap can stick around longer than it should (though this is largely improved lately) There are jerks that exploit things like the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic multiplayer keys. But I love the site, been a member for a while, it is a pretty astonishing little idea that shouldn't work in this mess we call the interwebs but it does.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention there are people who just post giveaways without expecting to win themselves.

The staff, which is used loosely as I believe the mods do their jobs on there without pay or expecting any compensation, do a really good job. The site is a great place. Most of everyone I have talked to/still chat with are friendly and seem to get along with each other.

Here are some more codes:

ub7ncjg94whn9ru6tvo5ghdswc65lxfo93vt8e6w
bb5la34dvyuw0lx2e9ta0boqs1036p7m9xigwsrs
ecql0m2eix6ulz8olpx9wlnopglit05mr3pd51mz
qidiocfxkb9w014wclwm91xtrihhqtt0kh244gxq
u4zl78i1xgu94s5vgmc0vxnth1bf80thawm4272s

[quote name='cobolatrix']Here are some more codes:

u4zl78i1xgu94s5vgmc0vxnth1bf80thawm4272s[/QUOTE]

Used: qidiocfxkb9w014wclwm91xtrihhqtt0kh244gxq

Thanks a lot!

[quote name='cobolatrix']Here are some more codes:

u4zl78i1xgu94s5vgmc0vxnth1bf80thawm4272s[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I used this:

Just heard about this...lol
Account is valued at $1,376.82.
I need an invite though. All those posted tonight were used.

[quote name='IxCxM']Just heard about this...lol
Account is valued at $1,376.82.
I need an invite though. All those posted tonight were used.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the CAG signup? Is it dead?

bread's done
Back