The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mako1215']^ Always comes down on release. Will be $19.99 like Snow White and the Huntsman.[/QUOTE]

More like $24.99 like underworld awakening.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: Amazing Spider-Man (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook) (Blu-ray 3D)

6814661.jpg

Price: $34.99
Release Date: November 9, 2012
Link: Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Looks very G1

I like that more than the HMV one that I have pre ordered. iNcredi where did you get the picture? Its not on the best buy site and I can't find any posts about it on blu-ray.com.

[quote name='slickkill77']I like that more than the HMV one that I have pre ordered. iNcredi where did you get the picture? Its not on the best buy site and I can't find any posts about it on blu-ray.com.[/QUOTE]

Search for the movie and the pic will show up in the results.

[quote name='62t']More like $24.99 like underworld awakening.[/QUOTE]Snow White was a 2D combo pack, so it was $19.99. Other 2D steelbooks have been $19.99 - $22.99 most of the time, save ones like Sherlock Holmes And The Game Of Shadows at $27.99. 3D ones tend to be $24.99 and up.

Since this looks like a 2D/3D combo disc and a DVD disc for a combo pack, I'd expect it to be $24.99 - $27.99 on release.

Just a heads up to those who have multiple items on order with Amazon UK....I noticed just now as I was playing around with placing an order that the have a "multiple item discount" under "Special Offers and Product Promotions".

Multi-item discount--buy more than one qualifying DVD or Blu-ray within the same order and get £0.50 off each additional item. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more.*

Multi-Item Discount

Buying online is a convenient way of shopping and sometimes it's almost too easy to just buy one thing at a time. That can make shopping inconvenient as you wait for several deliveries to arrive. Multi-item discount is a new way to save even more on purchases with Amazon.co.uk and potentially save on time spent waiting at home.
From 10.00 BST on Monday, October 1, 2012, when you purchase more than one item from the Film & TV Store in the same order, you will receive 50 pence off the Amazon.co.uk selling price of the second item and each additional item that you add to your order, up to a maximum of a £4.50 discount.
This offer only applies to items from the Film & TV Store, sold by Amazon.co.uk. Simply add more than one Film & TV item to your basket in the normal way and we’ll deduct the discount at the checkout. The offer does not apply to used items or those purchased from third party sellers on Amazon.co.uk’s Marketplace platform. Terms and Conditions apply, see below for details.

How to Claim
• Add any Film & TV items to your Shopping Basket via the Add to Shopping Basket button on the product's detail page in order to qualify for the associated promotional discount.
• For the offer to apply, make sure the items you add to your basket are new and sold by Amazon.co.uk. The offer does not apply to used items or those purchased from third party sellers on Amazon.co.uk’s Marketplace platform.
Things to Remember
• If you remove a Qualifying Item from your Shopping Basket or fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions listed below, the offer will cease to apply.
• If you return a Qualifying Item, Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to charge you for the discount you received as part of this promotion.
Terms & Conditions
• Purchase more than one DVD or Blu-ray (each, a “Qualifying Item”) in a single order and receive a discount of £0.50 on the total cost of that order for the second and each subsequent Qualifying Item, up to a maximum discount of £4.50 for a single order containing ten or more Qualifying Items (the “Offer”). The applicable discount will be automatically applied to the total cost of your order at checkout.
• The Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion based on the purchase of multiple Qualifying Items, e.g. “Buy two DVDs for £X” or “Buy three Blu-rays for £Y”.
• The Offer applies to the purchase of Qualifying Items only. Items included in your order that are not Qualifying Items will not be eligible for a discount under the Offer.
• The Offer applies only to Qualifying Items purchased from Amazon.co.uk. The Offer does not apply to purchases made from third-party sellers at Amazon.co.uk's Marketplace platform; or at any of Amazon.co.uk's Trusted Partner sites; or from Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.cn, Amazon.es, or Amazon.ca.
• The Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice by Amazon.co.uk. The Offer has no cash alternative.

Just re-ordered a couple of steels I have on pre-order with the discount.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: Amazing Spider-Man (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook) (Blu-ray 3D)

6814661.jpg

Price: $34.99
Release Date: November 9, 2012
Link: Best Buy[/QUOTE]

Just pre-ordered one. But how does Best Buy online orders work? If the price goes down, do they automatically adjust it or would I have to cancel and re-order? Also they don't charge until the movie ships, right?

Just so everyone is aware. It has been confirmed that E.T. Steelbook will be sold in stores at Target and the weekly flyer also lists it as 17.99 and not the 20.99 listed for preorders on the site.

picture.php

*Information orginally posted on HiDefNinja

[quote name='samusaran226']Just pre-ordered one. But how does Best Buy online orders work? If the price goes down, do they automatically adjust it or would I have to cancel and re-order? Also they don't charge until the movie ships, right?[/QUOTE]I've seen it go both ways. I've had pre-orders end up crediting back the difference between release week pricing and pricing at time of order as well as needing to call them to have it credited back.

Part of why I've only been pre-ordering items like this in a week or so before release, to get as close to release week pricing as possible.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']Just so everyone is aware. It has been confirmed that E.T. Steelbook will be sold in stores at Target and the weekly flyer also lists it as 17.99 and not the 20.99 listed for preorders on the site.

picture.php

*Information orginally posted on HiDefNinja[/QUOTE]Good to know that it'll be a non-cost "upgrade" to the steelbook, since it seems like that'll be the release price for the non-steelbook version.

[quote name='samusaran226']Just pre-ordered one. But how does Best Buy online orders work? If the price goes down, do they automatically adjust it or would I have to cancel and re-order? Also they don't charge until the movie ships, right?[/QUOTE]

It says on the website they don't charge until they ship and if the prices lowers they will charge you the lower price.

How does your Price Match policy apply to pre-orders and backorders?
If the price of an item drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price. Your credit card is not charged until the time of the product's shipment.

[quote name='bob330i']Looks like a super sized one like Up and I don't even think it had the extra disk for 3D.[/QUOTE]

The 3D version is a 5 disc set,

Blu-ray 3D
Blu-ray 2D
Blu-ray Special Features
DVD
Digital Copy

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Unless someone decides to become a hoarding douchebag, you guys shouldn't have much of a issue getting the ET steelbook. My Target had a shelf full of em.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, had no problem finding a copy as these don't appear to be limited. It is at a really good price though, so I wouldn't wait just in case.

Depends on the store. Some didn't get any I hear, and others are reporting 5 or less. I won't be able to go to a Target till Thursday so hopefully i"m lucky.

Yea the Potomac Mills VA location (which is pretty high traffic) only got 15/20. Which doesn't seem like a small amount but considering these are going at $17 (or $14 if you use the coupon and it goes through) I wouldn't wait too long. I am going to check around my house to see how many they got.

I remember when Hurt Locker came out BBY had what seemed like a lot but they went REALLY fast.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Unless someone decides to become a hoarding douchebag, you guys shouldn't have much of a issue getting the ET steelbook. My Target had a shelf full of em.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people on Blu-ray.com are having issues finding them

[quote name='DNukem170']Is the Amazing Spiderman steelbook a preorder like Cinderella or Avengers, or is it a regularl release?[/QUOTE]

More than likely regular. Batman will be the same thing.

Is it ok to place pictures of my Video game steel finds here as well? I'm very bad a taking pictures with a camera or computer and my cell wasn't syncing to the computer, so they're backwards. Anyways, I found these two today:

$7.99 Scarface
$16.19 Mafia II (PS3)

UE6BN-A1

UE6CY-A1

Yea it's fine. We talk about them in here. Usually the newer releases and honestly I've only seen anyone talk about the Dead Island steel but why not. There's no other steelbook thread.

I opened up a steelbook thread in the deal and shopping discussion forum. I plan on adding release dates of upcoming steelbooks and maybe even pictures. It helps to have one for video games not be in the movie forum... lol

I got myself a copy of ET today. I doubt my store will sell all of them in a month. They had a full display with more in boxes according to the employee. Right now I'm just laughing at all the people hoarding copies and immediately posting them on eBay or Amazon.

[quote name='Zaku77']I opened up a steelbook thread in the deal and shopping discussion forum. I plan on adding release dates of upcoming steelbooks and maybe even pictures. It helps to have one for video games not be in the movie forum... lol[/QUOTE]

Um where? I can't find it

E.T. Steelbook

Ugh, I visited the Target's in South Plainfield, Edison, and Clark, NJ. None of them got any of them in. When I finally talked to someone at the last location he said hardly anyone in NJ got any at all. They have no idea what's happening even though the website said in stock for all 3 locations. Going to check again today.

[quote name='philmcfly']E.T. Steelbook

Ugh, I visited the Target's in South Plainfield, Edison, and Clark, NJ. None of them got any of them in. When I finally talked to someone at the last location he said hardly anyone in NJ got any at all. They have no idea what's happening even though the website said in stock for all 3 locations. Going to check again today.[/QUOTE]

I'll grab you one if you still need it. It's 17.99 plus TX tax and shipping would be like $6 priority mail.

You guys can use this for the E.T steelbook

Get a pair of $3 Off coupons for any Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray releases:

How to get your Coupons:

1. Go to http://universal.promo.eprize.com/100thanniversary/
2. Register with a real e-mail address. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that you have registered.
3. Once you've registered, go here http://universal.promo.eprize.com/10...amoe_code_page and enter your e-mail again.
4. Now you will receive an e-mail that contains a spin code.
5. Go back to http://universal.promo.eprize.com/100thanniversary/ (If you get prompted for your e-mail address on this page, just enter your registered e-mail again and then it will take you to the code entry screen.)
6. Enter the spin code that you received via e-mail.
7. Spin the wheel
8. You will most likely win a $3 coupon.
9. Click Next. Click "Print Exclusive Discount" link.
10. Click "Print Coupons". Get a coupon printed.
11. Click the back button on your browser twice. Get a second coupon printed.

[quote name='philmcfly']E.T. Steelbook

Ugh, I visited the Target's in South Plainfield, Edison, and Clark, NJ. None of them got any of them in. When I finally talked to someone at the last location he said hardly anyone in NJ got any at all. They have no idea what's happening even though the website said in stock for all 3 locations. Going to check again today.[/QUOTE]

Most of the NJ people on blu-ray.com are reporting the same thing as you

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back