The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Safe House is apparently a pretty good movie, but I'll wait until I get confirmation that it's G1 and not G2. Hopefully Best Buy has learned from their mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean G2 and not G1? What does that have to do with Best Buy anyway? They're not in control of the sizes of this..

[quote name='ssjmichael']Don't you mean G2 and not G1? What does that have to do with Best Buy anyway? They're not in control of the sizes of this..[/QUOTE]

We should be good here in the US now that we can manufacture G2 like the rest of the world.

Best Buy now has a bunch of Warner Steelbooks that were exclusive to Canada. They're as low as $14.99 from the looks of it. They'll have a release date of 5/22 on them online

Some included are:

Batman Begins
Dark Knight
V for Vendetta
Green Lantern
Last Samurai
Clash of the Titans
Shawshank Redemption
Inception
The Matrix

edit: I think this link might have them all:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&type=page&st=best+buy+exclusive&sc=Global&nrp=15&sp=&qp=q6265737420627579206578636c7573697665~~ccat02015%23%230%23%232e~~f535||426c752d7261792044697363~~nf9||4d61792032322c2032303132202d204d61792032382c2032303132&usc=All+Categories&cp=1

There's something up with those and my store. I specifically looked at the price of Inception and V For Vendetta since I still don't have them on blu-ray. That BB link says my store has both of them available for pick-up, but they had only one copy V For Vendetta, not an exclusive, and no Inception whatsoever.

[quote name='ssjmichael']all stores should have them in by the 29th according to some folks at blu-ray.com[/QUOTE]

Ah, awesome. I saw the 5/22 release and that it says available for in store pickup so I wasn't sure. I'll call a friend that works there this weekend and see if he'll pick me up a few.

[quote name='DestroVega']are there pictures of these anywhere?[/QUOTE]

attachment.php

attachment.php

7bf2631c.jpg

attachment.php

2012-05-24184037.jpg

2012-05-24184006.jpg

Hell yes. It looks like they are slowly being released around me. A store 20 miles north has them all (must have gotten them today) so hopefully by Tuesday my local store will get some....

Yippie.

[quote name='DestroVega']These are cool. Don't know if I could bring myself to rebuy movies for $20 that I already own.[/QUOTE]

Hoping they do that $5 coupon thing again soon. I can unload some dvds and get them cheaper, since most of these I don't have yet.

Yeah, i'm looking at trade in values for all these movies now because of that.
I got the Salt steelbook back when the normal movie traded in for $2 and couldn't bring myself to sell it.

If you're near a place that has a BuyBacks store, head there. They usually give the most, plus you can tell them you want more if it's one they don't have or something. Usually you can get up to like 50% of their selling price if that's the case.

30393c04-1.jpg

Spent more then I wanted, but still thinking about going back and getting the rest. My store didn't have them out yet but they let me pick through the shipping create.

[quote name='junkie88']
30393c04-1.jpg

Spent more then I wanted, but still thinking about going back and getting the rest. My store didn't have them out yet but they let me pick through the shipping create.[/QUOTE]
Wow. So jealous right now

Would be funny if there was a dent under all those Best Buy stickers. That happened with some of the Canadian releases. The sticker labelling machine dented the exact spot where the stickers went on.

[quote name='Stele']Would be funny if there was a dent under all those Best Buy stickers. That happened with some of the Canadian releases. The sticker labelling machine dented the exact spot where the stickers went on.[/QUOTE]

I opened matrix and batman and no dents I checked them all pretty good before I left though.

FYI all three copies of the matrix at my store where floaters as where random other titles so be careful. That's why I opened the matrix but disc was flawless.

So is it the same Green Lantern that was G1 sized or is it the G2 size one?

As for floaters... I've not had a problem with them being scratched up discs on blus. All of my resident evil steelbooks were floaters but had been pristine.

[quote name='shinzero01']So is it the same Green Lantern that was G1 sized or is it the G2 size one?[/QUOTE]

All of them were blu ray sized, I get them mixed up but my store has the entire list and all were blu ray size.

Snagged these ones, but I'll definitely need to go back soon for The Matrix one. Looks awesome! They weren't on the floor but they had them in the back.

steelbooks016.jpg

The $14.99 prices on some of these is so fantastic. Definitely will try and get Batman Begins if I can find it since amazingly I haven't gotten the regular edition of it yet

I wish Wizard of Oz made it here too, but I guess with it being in a moratorium that couldn't have happened.

I may have to keep an eye out for Suckerpunch. I kind of enjoyed it but wasn't crazy about it, so I didn't want to pay full price for it, then when it started getting cheap, I could never find the version with the slipcover. A steelbook is a good enough reason to buy it now.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, wow.

Wish I had money. I don't want the movies, just the case.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah the case is the only reason I bought Sucker Punch. Really dumb movie, but I love the steelbook for it!

17/20 (not pictured: Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Hangover 2.. the first two were pictured earlier in this thread though)

g8nyD.jpg

Personally, I want Inception, Hangover, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Sucker Punch, Book of Eli and V for Vendetta.

I wonder if BB does trade-ins on blu's.

Oh definitely going to go back for Clash of the Titans too. That looks fantastic. I need to stop looking at this topic, I'm going to go broke! lol.

My BB didn't let me get them since they weren't due to release until the 29th for some reason (At least, according to their computer system.)

Hopefully they'll uphold that and I'll be able to pick them up then.

I want most of them but I already own Inception, 300, The Hangover, Sucker Punch, and Sherlock Holmes.
They were like $5-7 a pop so I couldn't pass it up then.

Ugh.

Trying not to spend money thanks for posting pictures of these... I should stay off this damn site. Definitely looking for a few of these. I also hate double dipping but I loved Sucker Punch.

Guess I can think about double-dipping on the ones I already have as single-discs and not combo packs. Looks like that would be:

Goodfellas
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Gran Torino
Last Samurai
V for Vendetta
Shawshank Redemption

Oh WTF, now I'm going to spend way too much on movies I already have lol. Does anyone know if these cases come with an empty disc tray on one side? I love the ones BB gives for preorders because they always have a place to put the DVD version, even if you buy the single BD version.

I'd be all over Inception and Sucker Punch if I didn't already own them in non-steelbook. Might pick up The Last Samurai.

How's Book of Eli? Worth getting?

[quote name='WingsDJY']I'd be all over Inception and Sucker Punch if I didn't already own them in non-steelbook. Might pick up The Last Samurai.

How's Book of Eli? Worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I liked it a lot. Lots of people don't.

Ugh.. this is really annoying.

I may have to trade in some games and build up credit to get some of these. I'm really fighting the temptation, but I don't think I'll be able to.

I have a UK copy of Inception (the briefcase bundle) so it'd be nice to get the US version. Plus, if the price drops within 45 days, I could just get it price adjusted.. wish my BB $20 giftcard from Max Payne would post..

[quote name='62t']fuck thats like $400 that I don't have.[/QUOTE]

That's where I'm at. I wouldn't buy all of those even if I did have the money. I buy the ones that look cool. I couldn't care less for the ones that are the exact same art, yet steel, like the LOTR ones.

I'll probably spend like $70 max on those, mainly for Inception and The Hangover. I'll probably try to pick up V for Vendetta since I don't have it and $15 isn't a bad price at all. It's normally like $10.99 at the store by me.

Is it possible to cancel the Ghost Rider 2 pre-order and get the $5+ back or would I have to return the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back for Clash of the Titans, and Matrix. At my Best Buy they said they only got 3 Matrix, and 4 Titan steelbooks so they may be a bit limited depending on the store when they're on display.

Also according to the employee I had when I gave him the SKU numbers he said according to the computer the steelbooks were released/able to be sold on the 22nd, but they're in the boxes marked May 29th in the back.

matrix003.jpg

I won't be able to go to BB til either Sun or Mon. I'm hoping that either 1.) if they're selling them they aren't gone or 2.) If they aren't selling them yet, but have them, they'll let me buy one now rather than wait till Tues.

There should be 20 Steelbooks

Batman Begins
Book of Eli
Clash of the Titan
The Dark Knight
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern
Hangover
Hangover Part II
Inception
The Last Samurai