SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']The Dark Knight, Spiderman and Men in Black 3 would like a word with you...[/QUOTE]
All those were sold out when I checked the NYC stores during release week.

There are a few MIB3 here and there.

My go to store had just 5 Zero today. I picked the last one off the shelf.

I grabbed the last Zero Dark steelbook that was on the shelf at my store at 1:30. Not saying that means it's rare but I'm surprised such a highly regarded movie was stocked at the same level as the last Resident Evil.

All the stores I went to sold out of Zero Dark Thirty. This is not very typical for my area. There's usually at least 8+ copies of whatever I'm trying to get.

Was able to order one through in-store pickup. Hopefully I don't get a dented one...

My store was sold out of their ZDT steelbooks 30 minutes after opening. The guy said they only had like eight.

Still have tons of Amazing Spider-Man steelbooks sitting around, though I guess $35 is a high price point.

Down to one MIB3 steelbook too.

Jiggyteddy:

The BBY @ Union Square had a bunch of Zero Dark Thirty's when I went there at noon. Also I think it's sad how many MiB3 steels they still have.

[quote name='shrike4242']Cheapest I remember was $27.99 on release day and never went cheaper than that.[/QUOTE]

i just paid $28 for one on ebay. Want to watch the movie again, nice steel so why not? :cool:

Also bought a snow white steel also.

Not a single Zero Dark Thirty available in any of the ME or NH Best Buy stores as far as I can tell. Very odd as I don't live in a high volume area and have never had trouble getting BB steelbooks before. I didn't go until almost 5PM today because of a snow storm and all they had were 3 standard blu-ray copies of Zero Dark Thirty.

Not sure if they got cleaned out or just didn't get many.

Regardless no steel book for me unless they restock

[quote name='GBAstar']Not a single Zero Dark Thirty available in any of the ME or NH Best Buy stores as far as I can tell. Very odd as I don't live in a high volume area and have never had trouble getting BB steelbooks before. I didn't go until almost 5PM today because of a snow storm and all they had were 3 standard blu-ray copies of Zero Dark Thirty.

Not sure if they got cleaned out or just didn't get many.

Regardless no steel book for me unless they restock[/QUOTE]I've had good success making in-store pickup orders on the day of release, as I've had too many issues with single-item orders for steelbooks not getting savaged in shipment. So far, no issues.

[quote name='slickkill77']I would be shocked if they keep the stock this low but if they do oh well. I didn't enjoy the movie that much so I don't really care.[/QUOTE]The steelbook for Salt was pretty low volume, as they didn't have any past release week or even release day. Might be the case here as well. There's been a couple that were low volume for release and no real restocks. I think Fast Five and Snow White & The Huntsman were in that category for the last number of them that have come out.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']Jiggyteddy:

The BBY @ Union Square had a bunch of Zero Dark Thirty's when I went there at noon. Also I think it's sad how many MiB3 steels they still have.[/QUOTE]
Damn it! Wish I saw this sooner! Thanks anyway dude.

Not a single Best Buy near me has the Zero Dark Thirty steelbook in stock. I wasn't able to go till today so I'm hoping for a possible restock. I know it's a stretch but does anyone have a Best Buy that still has it in stock and would be willing to pick up a copy for me?

I walked in at 10am exactly on Tuesday and the store had exactly one copy of ZDT (which I bought). I hope that it's easier to find Les Mis on Friday, since I can't head to the store until my lunch hour.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']Not a single Best Buy near me has the Zero Dark Thirty steelbook in stock. I wasn't able to go till today so I'm hoping for a possible restock. I know it's a stretch but does anyone have a Best Buy that still has it in stock and would be willing to pick up a copy for me?[/QUOTE]

Someone on bluray.com said that they were told stores are already deleting sku from system so that means no restock. (not totally confirmed news), so if people want les mes they may want to get there early or order it between now and 10 am.

That's right Les Mis comes out tomorrow right?

I'll have to get out early and pick up extras to trade for Zero Dark Thirty. That or if someone sees a Zero Dark Thirty and would be willing to pick it up tomorrow I"d be more then happy to pay for it + shipping + a few dollars extra.

Good luck finding 'em tomorrow. It's been really difficult to tell what will be easy to find in the past year (Sherlock Holmes 2, Green Lantern (1st release), Batman: TDKR) and what isn't (RE, Snow White, Zero Dark Thirty)

If I would have known I would have picked up extra copies, last time I did that for RE and nobody seemed interested till a month later after I had already returned them. lol... Well I did post the store pick up option for ZDT but so much good that did. >_

[quote name='skiizim']If I would have known I would have picked up extra copies, last time I did that for RE and nobody seemed interested till a month later after I had already returned them.[/QUOTE]

It's alright I should have asked earlier. I was really really surprised that no stores in Maine or NH should inventory Tuesday late afternoon.

Either they didn't get many or got cleaned out. In fact the one BB I checked only had 2 or 3 of the standard blu-rays.

I'm going to do some traveling this weekend so hopefully they have a lone one that isn't getting picked up by the computers (I think they have to have three to show inventory). If not I'll just buy one on eBay or from a 3rd party hopefully at a reasonable price.

If anyone is really concerned about picking up Les Mis, do an in-store pickup order for it tomorrow morning before the store opens.

Routinely, if I place an in-store pickup order for an item before the store opens (7-8AM), usually I'll have a picked notification before the store opens. Sometimes, it doesn't happen that way, though most of the time for my local store, they do an in-store pickup order before the store opens.

It'll probably be online for in-store pick when the site shifts over to the next day, so sometime between midnight and 2AM CT.

SKU # for the ZDT steel is 8090118 and the Les Mis steel is 8419041.

I checked really quickly using zip codes all up and down the east coast and I can't find a single store that has ZDT available for in-store pick up (it is sold out for shipping).

That is insane!

Hmmm weird, in-store pick-up for Les Miserables is available at all other stores around me except the closest to me. Hopefully it will change or I might just hope they have some at opening.

[quote name='GBAstar']I checked really quickly using zip codes all up and down the east coast and I can't find a single store that has ZDT available for in-store pick up (it is sold out for shipping).

That is insane![/QUOTE]Salt was the same way when it came out, if you didn't order it on day of release, you didn't get the steelbook. When I pre-ordered it, the store picked the non-steelbook version and I had to go through three different stores to find one that had it. Some of the BB steelbooks don't last though the week for being around. And after I had three Snow White steelbooks get destroyed in shipment, I never ordered one online that wasn't in-store pickup.

[quote name='cgxcswim']Hmmm weird, in-store pick-up for Les Miserables is available at all other stores around me except the closest to me. Hopefully it will change or I might just hope they have some at opening.[/QUOTE]It opened up for all my three local store options, so in-store pickup order placed. Hopefully will get something by store open that they've picked it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Salt was the same way when it came out, if you didn't order it on day of release, you didn't get the steelbook. [/QUOTE]

I guess I've been spoiled. I always go release day but I've never had a problem with availability and I live in small market. In the last year snow white and the latest RE were the most scarce but even the afternoon of release day they had 3-4 available and they didn't sell through those until later in the week.

I just couldn't believe it when Tuesday evening I checked all stores within 300 miles and not a single copy available for pickup. I was going to do in-store too but the last time I did they stuck tape on the wrapping and ripped the shrink wrap taking it off. I figured with the snow storm foot traffic would be low and I could walk in and pick one up.

Live & Learn. I think the difference though is when they have a steelbook and it is priced at or just above the price of the standard blu-ray combo they sell through much faster.

Editions like Amazing Spiderman that are $28+ on launch (and never dip deeper) tend to hang around longer.

Someone on bluray said that as of now, there is no regular version of les mis listed online so this could be very very available but that is just a theory.

[quote name='merchie89']Someone on bluray said that as of now, there is no regular version of les mis listed online so this could be very very available but that is just a theory.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. About a week ago, they had the steelbook version listed at $22.99, and a different bluray version listed at $19.99. Then they made the steelbook unavailable for purchase. Then about a day later, they dropped the price of the steelbook version to $19.99. More days pass, and now the non-steelbook version is no longer listed. I wish I saved the SKU though.

Only reason I've been checking is because the GF wants it day 1. I'm not even sure she knows it's coming out tomorrow (today for non-PDT/Alaska/Hawaii people). I figured I'd better at least get a steelbook for this if I'm buying it day 1, since Zero Dark 30 disappeared so fast.

Probably OT, but I can't seem to find a more suitable thread.

Anyone know of a resource to pick up damaged steelbooks for cheap? I have a couple that have received cracked inner plastic (both on the spine) on their way here that I would like to swap out with minty fresh plastic inserts.
I figure, even if they are all dented and dinged, I can still use the plastic inside.

Placed an in store pick up for Les Miserables. Received the ready email few minutes after.

Burned a $15 rz cert. Good stuff.

Sorry for the double post, but wanted to provide an update for NYC.

Noho store received 10, but only 5 hit the shelf. 2 more left.

Best bet is Union Square location since they currently have 10 on the floor.

Good luck everyone. One day more.

Sorry for the double post, but wanted to provide an update for NYC.

Good luck everyone. One day more.

Well, my in-store pickup order is showing as completed as of 8AM this morning, so it should be a steelbook and in advance of anyone going into the store to pick one up.

I'll find out if it's the steelbook when I go to pick it up as well as if they didn't screw me over on the ZDT steelbook from Tuesday's in-store pickup order.

Tons of Les Mis steelbooks at my bestbuy. I still need to pick up my copy of ZDT from a Best Buy I did a local pick-up for. Hopefully it's still there tomorrow.

[quote name='koji126']Tons of Les Mis steelbooks at my bestbuy. I still need to pick up my copy of ZDT from a Best Buy I did a local pick-up for. Hopefully it's still there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]If it's not there, tear them a new one. They're supposed to hold in-store pickup orders for 7 days after the date of order, so if you ordered it on the 19th, they have to hold it to the 27th.

The Chelsea 23rd st store in NYC had at least 10 Les Miserables Steelbooks out on the floor.

So it seems that the big locations such as Union Square and Chelsea have quite a stock. Makes sense.

Mission Valley BBY in San Diego had about 15 on the floor. About 10 in a cardboard display stand, and another 5 on the normal shelves. And there were tons of amaray and dvd copies.

Seattle Best Buy only had like 6-7 Les Mis steelbooks and I was there at opening. They were all at the front new release area. I went back to check the regular movie aisles and there were no steelbooks there.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Sorry for the double post, but wanted to provide an update for NYC.

Good luck everyone. One day more.[/QUOTE]

I can safely say that around 2:30 pm, Union Square is all out. I had mine for store pick up, so I was good.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Does the steel book version of Les Mis come with dvd and digital copy?[/QUOTE]
blu-ray + dvd+ digi copy+ ultraviolet

[quote name='SMBScooby']Does the steel book version of Les Mis come with dvd and digital copy?[/QUOTE]

Yup, Bluray, DVD, Digital Copy and UV. I think it's one of the more beautiful looking steelbook.

Django Unchained Steelbook - Target Exclusive

djangop.jpg

Comes with Bonus disc that includes the following:

THE STARS OF DJANGO UNCHAINED UNLEASHED AT COMIC-CON 2012 (Estimated Run Time 53 Mins)
San Diego Comic Con 2012 full coverage of the exclusive Hall H convention panel. Featuring Quentin Tarantino, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Kerry Washington, Don Johnson and Walton Goggins. Director Quentin Tarantino and cast introduced the upcoming film Django Unchained to the world with a conversational Q&A. Tarantino provided insight into his unique filming style and his overall process from conception to execution, leaking fan filled factoids and trivia. The cast provided insight into their characters and how they prepared for their respective roles.

bread's done
Back