SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to an Elysium early screening in Times Square earlier this year.

Movie sucked. I really wanted to enjoy this one, but it was just bad. Too predictable. No originality.

Even the Steelbooks collector in me is having a hard time buying this. If it was at least decent I would buy it. But no. The movie doesn't warrant the purchase.

Oh and the GF didn't like it either. And we are fans of Matt and Jodie.

Just my input for those wondering about the movie.

Movie sucked. I really wanted to enjoy this one, but it was just bad. Too predictable. No originality.

Even the Steelbooks collector in me is having a hard time buying this. If it was at least decent I would buy it. But no. The movie doesn't warrant the purchase.

This is where we choose to agree to disagree on the movie. I liked it a great deal.

Rotten Tomatoes link for reviews:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/elysium_2013/

Fair enough dudes. Nothing wrong with differing opinions since this is all a matter of tastes and preferences.

The collector in me is still pulling me towards a purchase...

Haha, I'm sure you have plenty of turds in your collection if you're a steelbook collector. You probably didn't like the politics.

Haha, I'm sure you have plenty of turds in your collection if you're a steelbook collector. You probably didn't like the politics.
Sorry because I probably shouldn't have used the word "collector" because that would imply I bit anything steel.

I only buy the ones I have an intention of watching and/or rewatching.

Fair enough dudes. Nothing wrong with differing opinions since this is all a matter of tastes and preferences.

The collector in me is still pulling me towards a purchase...
Nothing wrong with opinions at all. ;) I posted the RT link so people could get some other opinions and make a decision with some additional info.

Seeing Elysium in IMAX did give it a nice, grand scope on the big wide shots, so that helped with my like of the movie.

You can always buy it now and then decide to return it later, mainly because the Cartwheel coupon expires on Saturday, there's limited chances that restocks may happen on it and if it really does drop in price, you can always pick up a new copy and return your old one. To me, it would make more sense to pick it up now and sit on it, knowing you have it, then decide later you want it and not be able to find it.

If I do happen to be near my target I will definitely look for it, but they generally sell or if them on day one. Will definitely buy it and sit on it for a little while and decide if I want to return the dented Matt Damon face or not.

In a side note, I returned that FF6 to BB since I picked up the target version with soundtrack. I still think the US non exclusive is better than the BB exclusive... Although I will probably keep both. $20 that could possibly be better spent!

Those who bought the Elysium steelbook - what is that bump on the center of back(can be felt under packaging)

All steels at my target had it & I wasn't sure if they were damaged!

Also for F&F Target exclusive - I did not see any mention of a soundtrack outside the steelbook. Or are there 2 versions at Target as well?

Those who bought the Elysium steelbook - what is that bump on the center of back(can be felt under packaging)
All steels at my target had it & I wasn't sure if they were damaged!

Also for F&F Target exclusive - I did not see any mention of a soundtrack outside the steelbook. Or are there 2 versions at Target as well?
I second the glue answer.

Add for the soundtrack... I assume all of their FF6 steels have it since it is exclusive to them. And yes there is a target exclusive sticker on the shrink wrap. Disc is inside the case according to a few of the YouTube unboxing videos I've seen.

I have yet to open mine.

Seems like I may have missed out on the Fast & Furious BBY Limited Edition Steelbooks.  As I expected, my local BBY had all of them just a few short days ago, but I came into some GC's today and went to buy the set, and all but Fast 5 were gone.  The website doesn't even list 2 Fast, Tokyo Drift, or F&F any longer.  I'll check a couple other BBY's in my area and hopefully I get lucky.

Seems like I may have missed out on the Fast & Furious BBY Limited Edition Steelbooks. As I expected, my local BBY had all of them just a few short days ago, but I came into some GC's today and went to buy the set, and all but Fast 5 were gone. The website doesn't even list 2 Fast, Tokyo Drift, or F&F any longer. I'll check a couple other BBY's in my area and hopefully I get lucky.

Haha...I was just looking online myself and was feeling bad about not getting them earlier too :/

Haha...I was just looking online myself and was feeling bad about not getting them earlier too :/
My rule of thumb is get them on release day or release week, as I can always sit on them and decide if I want them during the return period.

The six-pack F&F release is probably the quickest release window that I've ever seen as it went from being an item to add to cart around 1AM and then gone around 11AM.

Other releases, it's been a day or more before starting to disappear, though this is a new "high" for disappearance.

My rule of thumb is get them on release day or release week, as I can always sit on them and decide if I want them during the return period.

The six-pack F&F release is probably the quickest release window that I've ever seen as it went from being an item to add to cart around 1AM and then gone around 11AM.

Other releases, it's been a day or more before starting to disappear, though this is a new "high" for disappearance.
Oh believe me, I'm the same way. Its just that I had to spend $1200 on unexpected car repairs so I couldn't get them until now. Guess I'll check eBay.

Well, after a few different BBY trips I was able to find 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast & Furious, Fast Five, and Fast 6.  Now only The Fast & the Furious & Tokyo Drift remain... this'll be interesting.

The following are currently on sale at Best Buy for $9.99:

Apocolypse Now
Hero
Highlander
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Stargate
Terminator 2
Total Recall

Also for those interested in the regular version of 2 Guns which is on sale for 12.99 this week, there is a 5 dollars off coupon on the slipcover if you buy it with Safe House, in which the steelbook version is currently going for 12.99. So essentially 19.98 for 2 Guns and the Safe House steelbook before tax.

Apocolypse Now
Hero
Highlander
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Stargate
Terminator 2
Total Recall

Also for those interested in the regular version of 2 Guns which is on sale for 12.99 this week, there is a 5 dollars off coupon on the slipcover if you buy it with Safe House, in which the steelbook version is currently going for 12.99. So essentially 19.98 for 2 Guns and the Safe House steelbook before tax.
Add Gladiator to the 9.99 list, I just picked that one up and was sooo tempted to get T2. One of the FF is 12.99 the others are 14.99 I just saw part 1-5 at my local Best Buy.

Available for pre-order now.

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/frozen-3d-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-the-disney-collection-12/10876045.html

10876045-1386850255-730806.jpg

Apocolypse Now
Hero
Highlander
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Stargate
Terminator 2
Total Recall
Time to do a return and rebuy to get my $5 back on each of those steelbooks. Elite Plus 45 day return period in this case, and will do it at my "regular" BB so they don't give me grief about it not being an option since it's a price match and not a return and rebuy.

Worked without an issue to pick up the 10 $9.99 steelbooks listed above plus a filler item (pack of gum or mints), then handed over the $15 GC when finishing up.   They did scan as $14.99 initially, though about 1-2 seconds later, a $5 sale discount appeared to take it down to $9.99.    I had my concerns on the initial scan, though after the 1-2 seconds for the sale discount to appear, it was all good.

Ended up returning the 10 steelbooks bought previously at $14.99 each and ended up getting back a little more than $50, plus the $15 GC from the previous transaction. 

Nice to make money for the day and get a gift card as a bonus.

Question....the plastic inside of a steelbook that essentially holds the disc in place...are they easy to pop out and do they make that plastic part to hold 2 discs?

I got the sin city steel and want to keep the 2 disc non steel edition in the steelbook.

Question....the plastic inside of a steelbook that essentially holds the disc in place...are they easy to pop out and do they make that plastic part to hold 2 discs?

I got the sin city steel and want to keep the 2 disc non steel edition in the steelbook.
They're not too hard to pop out. I popped out my Dark Knight Best Buy steels to put some artwork over the plain silver background.

tumblr_myi5txFMWC1sy1fy3o1_1280.jpg

The problem is that the spine of the steelbook is glued on to the plastic so if you want to replace it with a 2 disc holder, you'd have to remove the glued spine which can be a bit tricky. Somebody posted a tutorial on here once I believe of how to do that. I'd suggest googling it or something.

They're not too hard to pop out. I popped out my Dark Knight Best Buy steels to put some artwork over the plain silver background.
tumblr_myi5txFMWC1sy1fy3o1_1280.jpg
The problem is that the spine of the steelbook is glued on to the plastic so if you want to replace it with a 2 disc holder, you'd have to remove the glued spine which can be a bit tricky. Somebody posted a tutorial on here once I believe of how to do that. I'd suggest googling it or something.
Much appreciated.

bread's done
Back