SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
Warner Bros. Steelbooks on sale for $8.79 each w/free shipping at WBShop.com. Add one of the following codes for an even better deal.

$5 off $25 - ANYCODES5
$10 off $50 - RMENOT10
$20 off $100 - RETAILME20
$25 off $250 - RO25OFF
$100 off $1000 - RO100OFF
http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?query=steelbook&cx=0&price=%2410+to+%2420&sortby=bestMatchesDescend&page=all
Those codes might be dead, as they look like the last batch of codes from one of the prior sales from last week.

Hello double post.

According to this thread on DVDTalk, it looks like that the disc for the steelbook Terminator 2 is the newer Skynet Edition and for Stargate, it's the 15th Anniversary Edition. 

Blu-Ray.com lists that Total Recall in the steelbook is the Mind Bending Edition:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Total-Recall-Blu-ray/90718/

Steelbook for Sin City appears to be only a single disc, compared to the 2-disc regular release:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sin-City-Blu-ray/398/#Review

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sin-City-Blu-ray/91093/ (BB steelbook)

Apocalypse Now says it's the Full Disclosure Edition, though it's also only a single disc:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Apocalypse-Now-Blu-ray/14093/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Apocalypse-Now-Blu-ray/90727/ (BB Steelbook)

Blu-Ray.com article discussing the new steelbooks:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12644

I dont see the steelbooks. Link shows no results matfhing keyword "steelbook"
That's odd. The keyword Steelbook seems to have been removed. Here are the titles listed on their website. You'll have to just search each one individually.

Batman
Batman Returns
The Book of Eli
The Dark Knight
Braveheart
Chinatown
Clash of the Titans (2010)
The Daparted
Face/Off
Gladiator
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern
The Hangover
The Hangover Part II
Heat
Inception
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
The Last Samurai
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Matrix (10th Anniversary)
The Shawshank Redemption
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sucker Punch
The Town
True Grit (1969)
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
Wrath of the Titans

That's odd. The keyword Steelbook seems to have been removed. Here are the titles listed on their website. You'll have to just search each one individually.

Batman
Batman Returns
The Book of Eli
The Dark Knight
Braveheart
Chinatown
Clash of the Titans (2010)
The Daparted
Face/Off
Gladiator
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern
The Hangover
The Hangover Part II
Heat
Inception
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
The Last Samurai
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Matrix (10th Anniversary)
The Shawshank Redemption
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sucker Punch
The Town
True Grit (1969)
V for Vendetta
Watchmen
Wrath of the Titans
Now you can type in the keyword "Steelbook" and it will show all the steelbooks :)

Warner Bros. Steelbooks on sale for $8.79 each w/free shipping at WBShop.com. Add one of the following codes for an even better deal.

$5 off $25 - ANYCODES5
$10 off $50 - RMENOT10
$20 off $100 - RETAILME20
$25 off $250 - RO25OFF
$100 off $1000 - RO100OFF
http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?query=steelbook&cx=0&price=%2410+to+%2420&sortby=bestMatchesDescend&page=all
Anyone know if WB ships in boxes or bubble mailers? I'm not a huge fan of ordering steelbooks through the mail since you never know how well they will be packed.

$6 Sony Steelbooks spotted at Dollar Generals. Didn't see that coming. Pics and info courtesey of runnerzdialzero at blu-ray.com.

Men In Black 3

Amazing Spiderman 3D

Starship Troopers 3

The Karate Kid

Resident Evil: Degenration

Battle Los Angeles

2rm876o.png

...OK.

Didn't even know any of those films other than MiB and Spidey HAD Steels.

And why Dollar General?

EDIT: Zavvi sent me a 15% off code good today only on Steelbooks. Since I am not in the mood to pay $95 for 3 Steels, somebody else can use it:

4971-3855-493A

Picked up some of the comic style steelbooks at the Wal-Mart BF display for $3.96 each. Titles I saw were Paul, Hulk, Serenity, Mummy, Death Race and Doom. Didn't look at the ad for movies closely so not sure if old news.

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/price-crash/steelbook-sale.list

Steelbook sale at Zavvi.

£5.99

Withnail and I

£6.99

The Sixth Sense

£7.99

Starship Troopers

£8.99

Point Break

The Princess Bride 

Taxi Driver

£9.99

The Game

Twelve Monkeys

Seven Samurai

Team America: World Police

Reservoir Dogs

Gremlins

£10.99

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

The Place Beyond The Pines

Dick Tracy

£11.99

Tron

£12.99

Captain America

The Prestige

Zatoichi

The Goonies

Die Hard

13 Assassins

£13.99

Olympus Has Fallen

Forget if it was already mentioned, but I got my Totoro and Naussica Steels in and...they're Region Locked. B only.

Damn it!

Picked up some of the comic style steelbooks at the Wal-Mart BF display for $3.96 each. Titles I saw were Paul, Hulk, Serenity, Mummy, Death Race and Doom. Didn't look at the ad for movies closely so not sure if old news.
Didn't see serenity or death race but not a big deal, got hulk, Paul, and mummy though. Pretty good deal imo

Trying to get some of the more recent steelbooks from Best Buy. They aren't even listed on the site from what I can find... Even looking them up by SKU. I'm in the US if that makes a difference. Anyone have link to the Kill Bills, Highlander, Sin City, and/or Pulp Fiction books?

Did anyone get a steelbook for The Wolverine? I'm looking into maybe buying one.

Odd to see Best Buy carry both the exclusive Fast 6 Steelbook along with the standard limited one that Target/Walmart/Amazon has. 

Was going to pick up TF&F, 2F2F, F&F, and F5 but they were all out...all I they had left was TF&F:TD :puke:

I bought both FF6 steels along with the other 5. Rang up as the bundle price +$20.

Wondering which version of 6 I want to keep. Which one do you guys like? I honestly hate the BB exclusive one. I absolutely love the white background one. Decisions decisions...

Fast & the Furious 1-6 Steelbook bundle is suppose to be $69.99 if you buy together and must be on the same receipt. Bestbuy.com is buggy won't allow me to add to cart. Make sure the Fast 6 steel must be the yellow/orange ones or you won't get discount.

I bought both FF6 steels along with the other 5. Rang up as the bundle price +$20.

Wondering which version of 6 I want to keep. Which one do you guys like? I honestly hate the BB exclusive one. I absolutely love the white background one. Decisions decisions...
If you have all the Best Buy ones, might as well stick with the Best Buy one to make sure you have the full set. As for which is the best, the one from the UK I think has the best cover:

10827343-1372160796-580549.jpg

Odd to see Best Buy carry both the exclusive Fast 6 Steelbook along with the standard limited one that Target/Walmart/Amazon has.

Was going to pick up TF&F, 2F2F, F&F, and F5 but they were all out...all I they had left was TF&F:TD :puke:
I had bought F&F1-4 before BF when they were $14.99 each, though returned them on Tuesday when I picked up my six-pack of F&F1-6 that I did as an in-store pickup from early Tuesday morning.

It rang up as $89.99, not $69.99? What were the individual prices of the items? This is what I had on my in-store pickup invoice from when I picked them up on Tuesday:

The prices for the individual titles weren't all $11.66/$11.67 each, they were staggered. F&F6 was showing $15.50 on the pickup slip, F&F5 was showing $12.49 on the pickup slip and the other ones were showing $10.50 on the pickup slip.

Not sure if that was the return value or the package price, though the online entry for the six pack was clear that returning an individual item from the six pack would cause issues with the package price discount of $31.25.
If you're to going to pick up the "normal" steelbook, go to Target to pick it up since it includes the full soundtrack with their version, plus it's the same price as Best Buy, $19.99. If not, price match it to Best Buy as they have the standard steelbook also for $19.99 like their exclusive version.

Fast & the Furious 1-6 Steelbook bundle is suppose to be $69.99 if you buy together and must be on the same receipt. Bestbuy.com is buggy won't allow me to add to cart. Make sure the Fast 6 steel must be the yellow/orange ones or you won't get discount.
It was available for in-store pickup as a single SKU that was the six pack for $69.99 with the correct titles up to and including early Tuesday morning. I ordered it when the price dropped to $69.99 when the price change occured and in-store pickup opened up around 1AM CT Tuesday morning. When I went to order games on BB.com later Tuesday morning, the 6-pack I had in a wish list disappeared. Check the weekly ad thread for the info about it I found prior to it disappearing.

Shrike4242 I think you missed the part where I state I bought 2 FF6 steels... 1 of each.

I may return the non exclusive one, and buy the target version if I find it.

Shrike4242 I think you missed the part where I state I bought 2 FF6 steels... 1 of each.

I may return the non exclusive one, and buy the target version if I find it.
Sorry, missed that bit. If you bought the non-exclusive one at BB, return it and get it at Target. I don't think the steelbook itself is different at Target than it is at Best Buy, though I believe the soundtrack CD is likely shrunkwrapped to the outside of the steelbook.

Target link says it's a CD, so I don't think it's a download code:

http://www.target.com/p/fast-furious-6-steelbook-blu-ray-dvd-digital-copy-ultraviolet-w-soudtrack-only-at-target/-/A-14638716#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=fast+and+furious+6

Picked up the Target version of F&F6, which may have the soundtrack CD packed into the case as there didn't look like any place it's been attached on the exterior.   Haven't opened it up yet, so not sure and just making a guess.

There's also a 5% off coupon if you download and use the Cartwheel smartphone app, which knocks it down to $18.99 AC.

I had a hard time with all the bby steelbook they had to do a override price change

Hello, triple post.

Just checked the Target ad for this week and Elysium has a Target-exclusive steelbook for $22.99:

http://www.target.com/p/elysium-steelbook-blu-ray-dvd-only-at-target/-/A-14954691#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=elysium

(website shows $26.99 at the moment, though there's pictures on the website)
Worth a blind buy? I liked District 9 but this one got semi-panned as a sophomore attempt. I am a sucker for steels so it has me on the fence. Figured I might pick it up with Wolverine for $12 since I haven't seen that one either.

Worth a blind buy? I liked District 9 but this one got semi-panned as a sophomore attempt. I am a sucker for steels so it has me on the fence. Figured I might pick it up with Wolverine for $12 since I haven't seen that one either.
I think so. If you liked District 9 then I think you'll like Elysium.

bread's done
Back