:br: King Kong (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Wanted (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Django (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Evil Dead (1982) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Killing Them Softly (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Law Abiding Citizen (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Lawless (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Lord of Salem) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Steve Austin 4-Pack: The Stranger/Hunt To Kill/The Package/Maximum Conviction (USA) - 5/20/14

June

:br: The Lone Survivor (Target) (USA) - 6/3/14

:br: The Lone Survivor (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/3/14

:br: 300: Rise of an Empire (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/24/14

July

:br: Chaplin's Mutuals Comedies (Flicker Alley) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Best Buy) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/29/14

August

:br: Divergent (Best Buy) (USA) - 8/5/14

:br: Divergent (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/5/14

:br: Batman: Assault on Arkham (Target) (USA) - 8/12/14

:br: The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/19/14

:br: The Walking Dead: Season 4 (Target) (USA) - 8/26/14

:br: The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/26/14

September

:br: G.I. Joe: Retailation (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather: Part 2 (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Jack Reacher (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Minority Report (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Saving Private Ryan (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek XI (2009) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek Into Darkness (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Top Gun (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: True Grit (2010) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: War of the Worlds (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: World War Z (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Bilingual) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/30/2014

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/30/2014

October

:br: Edge of Tomorrow (Target) (USA) - 10/7/14

November

:br: Hercules 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/4/14

:br: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Extended Edition (Target) (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: An American Werewolf in London: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Big Lebowski: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Blues Brothers: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Psycho: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scarface: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Shaun of the Dead: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: 22 Jump Street (Target) (USA) - 11/18/14

:br: Into The Storm (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/18/14

:br: Drive (Best Buy) (USA) - 11/23/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Target) (USA) - 11/23/14

December

:br: Drive: Mondo Edition (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/2/14

:br: Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Best Buy (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/9/14

Coming Soon

:br: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Best Buy) (USA) - 2014

:br: Fifth Element (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Snatch (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Superbad (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Desperado (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Das Boot (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: District 9 (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Dr Strangelove (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Karate Kid (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Leon the Professional (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Taxi Driver (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Tommy (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Kung Fu Hustle (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Easy Rider (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Stripes (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

January

:br: Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Target) (USA) - 1/6/15

Coming Soon

:br: Fury (Target) (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:
The steelbook for guardians was predicable anyway lol. Third straight mcu release to have it. I just want the dang film to release on disk already so we can see the Marvel one shot that will probibly show what happened to oden in thor dark world and to update my collection. We are groot !!!!
Haven't all the Phase II films had steelbooks? I think a lot of the Phase 1 did as well. I don't recall about Iron Man 1/2 but I want to say they had something akin to a steelbook..... same with Thor.

I may be mistaken but IIRC Incredible Hulk was the only one that didn't have a steelbook, but then even that movie got one of those comic themed SB's along with Scott Pilgrim and those other movies after release.

Last edited:
Haven't all the Phase II films had steelbooks? I think a lot of the Phase 1 did as well. I don't recall about Iron Man 1/2 but I want to say they had something akin to a steelbook..... same with Thor.

I may be mistaken but IIRC Incredible Hulk was the only one that didn't have a steelbook, but then even that movie got one of those comic themed SB's along with Scott Pilgrim and those other movies after release.
The incredible hulk acually does have a steel book and it comes with a uv code too. I think it's on sale for 12$ on amazon

The incredible hulk acually does have a steel book and it comes with a uv code too. I think it's on sale for 12$ on amazon
Right, he mentioned that:

Iron Man 1 and 2 had DVD Steelbooks in the US. Europe got Blu-ray Steels but went out of print almost immediately. Iron Man 1's was a shrunken down version of the Target DVD Steelbook. 2's was just the regular Blu-ray coverart.

Incredible Hulk had 2 Blu-ray Steels. One was part of the Universal 100th Anniversary line and for some reason went out of print hours after its release. The second is the Reel Heroes comic-style Steel eventually released in the US.

Captain America had a Blu-ray Steelbook with the image of Cap's shield in Europe. Again, went out of print almost immediately. Zavvi also has one with the regular Blu-ray cover art on it.

Thor currently has one with the regular coverart on it, and also had a limited one upon release with the 3D coverart on it.

Avengers has only had the pre-order Best Buy MetalPak for it.

I am still debating this one for DOFP.  Knowing the Extended version is coming down the line, is it just worth it for the steelbook to complete the collection from the xmen steelbook line that was out a few months ago?  Unless the Extended version gives us more scenes that flesh out the story better , then it might not be worth getting the EXT Version.   The theatrical cut was well done and very satisfying imho. 

I am still debating this one for DOFP. Knowing the Extended version is coming down the line, is it just worth it for the steelbook to complete the collection from the xmen steelbook line that was out a few months ago? Unless the Extended version gives us more scenes that flesh out the story better , then it might not be worth getting the EXT Version. The theatrical cut was well done and very satisfying imho.
The steelbook is the 2D version and I'm OK with that. I'll get the extended version in 3D when it's released next year. Feel free to pass on it, one more for someone else that does want it.

I don't really care for the 3d discs...but getting really annoyed with having to get the 3d version just for the steelbook.  I think I have less than a dozen movies in 3d that came with the steelbook that I don't care for...yes I could give it to my brother since he has the 3d system...but then I read somewhere that you can disable 3d mode and watch the disc at a higher quality than the 2d blu ray.

The only DC/EXT version of a movie I liked was Daredevil.   That version added several elements that enhanced the main story and made the movie much better.  I know the Rouge scenes are going to be added, but the theatrical cut proved she wasn't critical to the story.

:ps4: Minecraft - Amazon.de Exclusive SteelBook Edition [PlayStation 4]

Price: EUR 29,95
Release Date: October 15, 2014
Link: www.amazon.de/Minecraft-Steelbook-exklusiv-Amazon-Plastation/dp/B00NNOJPTW/

Iron Man 1 and 2 had DVD Steelbooks in the US. Europe got Blu-ray Steels but went out of print almost immediately. Iron Man 1's was a shrunken down version of the Target DVD Steelbook. 2's was just the regular Blu-ray coverart.

Incredible Hulk had 2 Blu-ray Steels. One was part of the Universal 100th Anniversary line and for some reason went out of print hours after its release. The second is the Reel Heroes comic-style Steel eventually released in the US.

Captain America had a Blu-ray Steelbook with the image of Cap's shield in Europe. Again, went out of print almost immediately. Zavvi also has one with the regular Blu-ray cover art on it.

Thor currently has one with the regular coverart on it, and also had a limited one upon release with the 3D coverart on it.

Avengers has only had the pre-order Best Buy MetalPak for it.
I see, I was way off lol. Thanks for the clarification.

I don't really care for the 3d discs...but getting really annoyed with having to get the 3d version just for the steelbook. I think I have less than a dozen movies in 3d that came with the steelbook that I don't care for...yes I could give it to my brother since he has the 3d system...but then I read somewhere that you can disable 3d mode and watch the disc at a higher quality than the 2d blu ray.

The only DC/EXT version of a movie I liked was Daredevil. That version added several elements that enhanced the main story and made the movie much better. I know the Rouge scenes are going to be added, but the theatrical cut proved she wasn't critical to the story.
I couldn't disagree more. I'd rather get 3D + 2D in a steelbook than just a 2D version. Steelbooks are supposed to be collectible, so they should contain the premium version of the film.

That said, I wasn't too happy with the way they did Winter Soldier. I'd rather them just have discs on either side; they way they packaged this though it is a pain in the ass to get the 3D version out.

Last edited:
I don't really care for the 3d discs...but getting really annoyed with having to get the 3d version just for the steelbook. I think I have less than a dozen movies in 3d that came with the steelbook that I don't care for...yes I could give it to my brother since he has the 3d system...but then I read somewhere that you can disable 3d mode and watch the disc at a higher quality than the 2d blu ray.

The only DC/EXT version of a movie I liked was Daredevil. That version added several elements that enhanced the main story and made the movie much better. I know the Rouge scenes are going to be added, but the theatrical cut proved she wasn't critical to the story.
My preference for a steelbook is for a combo 3D / 2D release over a 2D only release, though if the 3D isn't a huge upgrade over the 2D, I won't usually worry about it much. Man Of Steel was one of those in recent memory and as it's only been $19.99 for the 3D combo pack plus it's not a huge upgrade in 3D for what I've seen in reviews, I'm not going out of my way to pick it up again since I have the WM steelbook. Since most of the steelbooks of recent have been 3D / 2D combo packs for the 3D movie (GI Joe 2, Thor 2, Cap America 2, Amazing Spiderman 2, Avengers pre-order add-on), I'm fine with that as an option.

I might double-dip for a steelbook when it seems to be a different/LE type steelbook, like Godzilla 2014 with its LE 2D only steelbook, as well as picking up the 3D combo pack since it was $14.99 @ Best Buy with the "buy a TV title" promotion.

I always prefer having 3D + 2D + DVD + UV DC for a steelbook, though if they have to drop something, they can drop the DVD version.

I really wonder how things are going to pan out once true 4k movies hit the market ?  Seems that DVD will slowly be pushed out in favor or BR/UV/3d(if any) and eventually 4k only releases.  That would be a mess if steelbooks only are for 4k/3d releases from now on.

I really wonder how things are going to pan out once true 4k movies hit the market ? Seems that DVD will slowly be pushed out in favor or BR/UV/3d(if any) and eventually 4k only releases. That would be a mess if steelbooks only are for 4k/3d releases from now on.
Profit margins are good on DVD's since the production costs are lower, they won't leave anytime soon imo

I see, I was way off lol. Thanks for the clarification.
Canada Futureshop got Iron Man 1 on steelbook, which I believe was actually the very first bluray sized steelbook and is quite infamous

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-1-Steelbook-Blu-ray-Futureshop-Edition-Rare-OOP-/151348281638?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item233d0f8126

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Man-Blu-ray-Steelbook-Future-Shop-Perfect-Condition-Ultra-Rare-OOP-/191331928264?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item2c8c4588c8

Got my Godzilla Steelbook from Sanborns (Mexico). First time buying from them. Shipped with bubble wrap, inside a box, inside a mailing envelope.

DVD is region 1. BD doesn't list a region, but it's either A or free. Back card was in Spanish, but the back and spine of the SB are in English.

Not bad for ~$20 US.

I really wonder how things are going to pan out once true 4k movies hit the market ? Seems that DVD will slowly be pushed out in favor or BR/UV/3d(if any) and eventually 4k only releases. That would be a mess if steelbooks only are for 4k/3d releases from now on.
DVDs will still be around for TV shows alone. TV on Blu-ray is way under 10% of TV releases and it won't go up anytime soon.

Got my Godzilla Steelbook from Sanborns (Mexico). First time buying from them. Shipped with bubble wrap, inside a box, inside a mailing envelope.

DVD is region 1. BD doesn't list a region, but it's either A or free. Back card was in Spanish, but the back and spine of the SB are in English.

Not bad for ~$20 US.
Was it on sale? Says around $38 now.

Not bad for ~$20 US.
Shame this didn't come with the 3D version or I'd be all over this, looks pretty cool.

Target steelbook

Edge of tomorrow steelbook no 3D 27.99 10/7
The hobbit 2 steelbook no 3D 29.99 11/4
22 jump street steelbook 25.99 11/18

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbook is up for preorder at BB. They just announced the release date today, Dec 9th. Wasn't sure if that preorder had been there or not, but already put mine in.

The Equalizer - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray). Limited to 4,000 copies. Vote for the final artwork.

Price: £22.99
Release Date: TBA

Pre-order The Equalizer 2014 and save £20 off The Equalizer - The Complete Collection box set.
Simply add both products to the basket and the discount will be applied.
Price: £39.99 (£59.99 regular)

Plus, get an extra 10% off in-stock Steelbooks when you pre-order.
11021889-1411644681-217395.jpg

11021889-1411644681-217385.jpg

11021889-1411644681-217364.jpg

Does anybody know offhand if the Best Buy exclusive steelbook for Transformers:AoE is a combo pack or blu-ray disc only?
Jumping on this because I have the same question too, and to add that I've looked into it, but can't find any concrete info. The non steelbook shows BluRay + DVD on the packaging, but there's no such info on the Steelbook (whether Combo or Not). Plus, Best Buy's site description merely list both movies as "BluRay" eventhough the non-steelbook is definitely a Combo Pack. BluRay forums list the steelbook as a combo pack but I don't know where they're getting that info from. Confusing.

Jumping on this because I have the same question too, and to add that I've looked into it, but can't find any concrete info. The non steelbook shows BluRay + DVD on the packaging, but there's no such info on the Steelbook (whether Combo or Not). Plus, Best Buy's site description merely list both movies as "BluRay" eventhough the non-steelbook is definitely a Combo Pack. BluRay forums list the steelbook as a combo pack but I don't know where they're getting that info from. Confusing.
It is a combo pack somebody posted a picture of it in the Steelbook section over there.

For the Guardians of the Galaxy steel at Best Buy, is it BR 3D only or does it have a normal Blu-Ray with it as well? I don't possess a way to watch 3D nor do I ever want it so if it's a steelbook for Blu-Ray 3D only then I guess I'll have to pass.

For the Guardians of the Galaxy steel at Best Buy, is it BR 3D only or does it have a normal Blu-Ray with it as well? I don't possess a way to watch 3D nor do I ever want it so if it's a steelbook for Blu-Ray 3D only then I guess I'll have to pass.
We should know closer to release, but if it's like the Thor: The Dark World and Winter Soldier steels, it'll have a normal Blu-ray included with the 3D disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back